The Unpopular Opinion Thread

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: The Unpopular Opinion Thread

Postby Marsbar100 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:25 pm

Angelito wrote:^ I'm sure two players who absolutely dominated La Liga and the UCL would laugh at the possibility of some people thinking they're better than a player who barely dominated La Liga.

Did I tell you that Iniesta is the only player in the world who's been named MOTM in all three finals—WC, UCL, and Euro final?

Tbh I am one of the converted but I will defend zizous Madrid record, he was signed by Madrid quite old, after 01-02 the galaticos generally were for the most part overrated, they made have had the names but they was all aging and they offloaded and signed some players for commercial reasons rather than do what was best for the team.
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner

Postby StLGooner » Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:31 pm

Black Panther was an average movie and the hype surrounding it made it seem better than it was.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:02 pm

Sims wrote:I mean it’s not harsh to say that a player of Zidane’s calibre and magic he should’ve won more than one La Liga & CL with Madrid

Fair enough, but you could say the same thing about Ronaldo, who didn't even win a CL and was part of Zidane's Madrid team - in fact he never won a title in a top flight league until he joined Madrid.

But I've never seen anyone call him overrated.

StLGooner wrote:Black Panther was an average movie and the hype surrounding it made it seem better than it was.

Yep, Black Panther is nowhere near Marvel's best and didn't warrant the acclaim it received. Probably the most underwhelmed I've ever been given the expectations I had going in.

I feel the same about Get Out, but it's at least a good, original movie; whereas Black Panther was poor to average at best imo.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Sims » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:44 pm

Va-Va-Voom wrote:
Sims wrote:I mean it’s not harsh to say that a player of Zidane’s calibre and magic he should’ve won more than one La Liga & CL with Madrid

Fair enough, but you could say the same thing about Ronaldo, who didn't even win a CL and was part of Zidane's Madrid team - in fact he never won a title in a top flight league until he joined Madrid.

R9 isn't overrated because he scored nonstop consistently until his knee injuries. Despite how good he was at Madrid that was only 2/5ths of the player he was when he was a teenager

From 18-21 he scored 135 goals in 153 games in 3 different countries, he would've easily been the best striker of all time if not considered it now had it not been from them two consecutive ruptures
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:59 pm

Sims wrote:
Va-Va-Voom wrote:

R9 isn't overrated because he scored nonstop consistently until his knee injuries. Despite how good he was at Madrid that was only 2/5ths of the player he was when he was a teenager

From 18-21 he scored 135 goals in 153 games in 3 different countries, he would've easily been the best striker of all time if not considered it now had it not been from them two consecutive ruptures

Well he's a striker, he is meant to score.

So how do you judge if Zidane is overrated then?

He is a midfielder.

Btw Ronaldo is the best striker of all time.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Rastayouth » Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:09 am

Va-Va-Voom wrote:

StLGooner wrote:Black Panther was an average movie and the hype surrounding it made it seem better than it was.

Yep, Black Panther is nowhere near Marvel's best and didn't warrant the acclaim it received. Probably the most underwhelmed I've ever been given the expectations I had going in.

I feel the same about Get Out, but it's at least a good, original movie; whereas Black Panther was poor to average at best imo.

Thought Get Out was brilliant but they definitely copped out with the ending. Should've kept the bleaker more realistic one. So many points hit home so well that I was torn between laughter and astonishment. Scarily accurate and can see why it appealed to so many. Might watch again this weekend.

Black Panther definitely overrated but outside of the hype was a different angle and had KDot as the soundtrack.
Rastayouth
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Santi » Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:43 pm

Dejan wrote:Van persie is a c***
Probably wears gucci too

All makes sense now

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk

:rofll: :rofll: im dead
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:46 pm

If only you said shit rather than average, would agree.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Dynamite » Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:10 pm

Santi wrote:

If only you said shit rather than average, would agree.

Even shit is an understatement.
Dynamite
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Santi » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:15 pm

United are still bang average and just in a honeymoon period.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Dejan » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:49 pm

Hows that an unpopilar opinion m8

Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Pudpop » Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:31 pm

Even United fans know that
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Dynamite » Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:32 pm

Dejan wrote:Hows that an unpopular opinion m8
Dynamite
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Marsbar100 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:52 pm

Their squad is still top 3
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100

Postby Santi » Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:59 pm

Dejan wrote:Hows that an unpopilar opinion m8

Seems many people on here wanking over them again n think they’re miles ahead of us. They’re not, they’re still shit and so is Pogba.
Santi
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to World Football