Jeff Reine-Adelaide

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: Jeff Reine-Adelaide

Postby Zedie » Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:15 am

Trequartista wrote:How tall is he, does anyone know? He looked pretty lanky to me. I would think he's at least 5, 11" or 6 foot.

He's just over 6ft but looked taller. Imagine him in the hole PG.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Jeff Reine-Adelaide

Postby Arsenal Tone » Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:51 am

Zedie wrote:
Trequartista wrote:How tall is he, does anyone know? He looked pretty lanky to me. I would think he's at least 5, 11" or 6 foot.

In the hole ahead of Ozil, Cazorla and Wilshere?

I've just watched some highlights of him and he looked good, but there were other moments in the first half where he wasn't so assured that aren't in the clips.

I think the advantage he has over the likes of Zelalem is that he is already physically ready for the premiership.

I wonder if we could adapt him to become a DM? He's got the physique we need.
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby realtalk » Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:55 am

gooney wrote:
Tony_Adams wrote:I thought he looked out of his depth in the first half and got better second half. Not sure where all this hype has come from. I thought Iwobi looked more composed on the Saturday.

I thought he looked by far the most talented kid in pre season. He had the ability to create and beat players om his own. At 17 just to come over France and play like he did for the first team was mighty impressive. The other youngster had advantage over him because they know the style we play with while he did alot of his good work on his own.

Dont think he was most talented. Most aethestically pleasing maybe but not taleneted. We got a bunch of good kids that can really play here in future.They actually all posess skills of their own and its high level flair. Dont have to be skeptical about it.Rene was good but as was Iwobi imo.

Rene's skill was cool. But IWOBI pulled off a much better trick in a tighter space, in a defensive half and displayed solid strength.He elastico'd between two players.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... U60GE#t=48

48-50.

We got solid kids coming through.I thought rene was the forward but its the fortune kid that is .Wonder why he didnt feature.
Last edited by realtalk on Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
realtalk
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Trequartista » Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:56 am

Tony_Adams wrote:
Zedie wrote:

In the hole ahead of Ozil, Cazorla and Wilshere?

I've just watched some highlights of him and he looked good, but there were other moments in the first half where he wasn't so assured that aren't in the clips.

I think the advantage he has over the likes of Zelalem is that he is already physically ready for the premiership.

I wonder if we could adapt him to become a DM? He's got the physique we need.

I don't think he meant in that hole, PG :sneaky2:
Leno
Bellerin Sokratis Holding Tierney
Ceballos - Torriera - Özil
Pépé - - Lacazette - - Auba
Trequartista
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby gooney » Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:07 am

realtalk wrote:
gooney wrote:
Tony_Adams wrote:I thought he looked out of his depth in the first half and got better second half. Not sure where all this hype has come from. I thought Iwobi looked more composed on the Saturday.

I thought he looked by far the most talented kid in pre season. He had the ability to create and beat players om his own. At 17 just to come over France and play like he did for the first team was mighty impressive. The other youngster had advantage over him because they know the style we play with while he did alot of his good work on his own.

Dont think he was most talented. Most aethestically pleasing maybe but not taleneted. We got a bunch of good kids that can really play here in future.They actually all posess skills of their own and its high level flair. Dont have to be skeptical about it.Rene was good but as was Iwobi imo.

Rene's skill was cool. But IWOBI pulled off a much better trick in a tighter space, in a defensive half and displayed solid strength.He elastico'd between two players.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... U60GE#t=48

48-50.

We got solid kids coming through.I thought rene was the forward but its the fortune kid that is .Wonder why he didnt feature.

Maybe. but I do think most of our young kids are overrated and for this guy to come at 17 from france and shine over them straight away speks for itself. Also from reports he has been very impressive in training which is why he got chance in the first team. the fact that crowley and zelalem didnt get a minute and he played both match says alot
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Big17 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:48 am

Angelito wrote:
Alexis17 wrote:Funny how no one knew much about this guy on before Saturday now we're talking him up about being a top prospect.

It's hard not to get excited about him after his displays this weekend. Apart from Ramsey, Ozil & Chambo on Saturday, this guy was the standout player over the two days.

My only main issue is where the hell is his best position going to be? He's strong, quick, direct, skilful, has good control and has a decent pass on him. By the looks of it he could play on the wings, AM or even in as a CM.

He's 17 so he still has a long way to go. I'm glad Wenger is not going to loan him out because I think training day in day out with the like of Ozil, Alexis ect will benefit him more at the moment. I'm sure he'll get a few appearances in the Carling cup to.

It's not funny that people are raving him now. It's the first time people have seen him against a major club alongside first team players and he shined straight away.

He seems another one of those players who can play anywhere in the midfield/flanks (apart from as a DM of course) and we seem to be abundant on that front.

I know that, it wasn't a dig or anything I just meant that it's football thats a funny old game.
Big17
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Mexal » Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:06 pm

To be fair, Iwobi should look better. Not only is he older but he's been in our system and training with the first team for years. Still, I liked what I saw from Adelaide though he looks much better when positioned centrally. Outside of making De Bruyne look stupid, he didn't do a whole lot on the wing but when he got into the middle, he was driving forward and making well placed passes.
Mexal
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Zedie » Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:11 pm

Dont get me wrong, i was really impressed with Iwobi too, its just that Adelaide looked so silky at times over the 2 games. Hes 17 ffs and already shown more technical ability in 180 minutes than 80% of the England team
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Mexal » Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:13 pm

Zedie wrote:Dont get me wrong, i was really impressed with Iwobi too, its just that Adelaide looked so silky at times over the 2 games. Hes 17 ffs and already shown more technical ability in 180 minutes than 80% of the England team

I think Iwobi offers us something we need right now and that's trickiness on the wing and a nose for the goal. Adelaide is one for the future but I don't expect him to make a real impact for the next 3 years given who's in front of him in his best positions.
Mexal
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Zenith » Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:22 pm

Zenith wrote:Arsenal Trivia: Reine Adelaide is 6' (and growing).

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=29433&p=1249526#p1249526
;)
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby Gooner_ESR10 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:38 pm

6ft, damn thats rare for a winger, even more rare for an AM if thats his natural position.
Gooner_ESR10
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Jackson » Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:41 pm

:biggrin: Not for a centrefoward tho'
And here's to you Mathieu Flamini
Arsene loves you more than you will ever know (wo, wo, wo, wo)
Jackson
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Gooner_ESR10 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:43 pm

Jackson wrote::biggrin: Not for a centrefoward tho'

Suppose so, but I dont think Wengers going to do an Henry with him.
Gooner_ESR10
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby TOP » Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:57 pm

Hope he does, height means nothing.
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Jackson » Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:06 pm

Pace, skill, vision, composure, physique... he's got all the tools. And you know Arsene - if he can't buy one he'll make one.
And here's to you Mathieu Flamini
Arsene loves you more than you will ever know (wo, wo, wo, wo)
Jackson
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

PreviousNext

Return to World Football