2018/19 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Who will win the UCL?

Poll ended at Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:27 am

Atletico Madrid
11%
Barcelona
37%
Bayern Munich
5%
Juventus
21%
Liverpool
11%
Manchester City
5%
Manchester United
5%
Napoli
No votes
Paris Saint-Germain
No votes
Real Madrid
No votes
Young Boys
No votes
Other
5%

Total votes : 19

Re: Champions League 2018-19

Postby Rockape » Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:51 am

Jedi wrote:Tottenham now has a higher than 50% chance of playing in the CL final. I feel physically sick thinking about it.

This!
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Rockape » Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:54 am

Nuggets wrote:I hope Ajax wins or even Barca but please not Spurs or the dippers.

And this!
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Rockape » Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:57 am

I have No respect for clubs like Citeh and Chelski who have bought their success.....big fcuking deal! But it is in our DNA to hate the Spuds!
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Sims » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:21 am

Imagine seeing an Arsenal forum where “fans” would rather see SPURS IN A CHAMPIONS LEAGUE SEMI-FINAL OVER MAN CITY, a team who is up the other end of the country and never had any relevance to us

You lot are sick in the head
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Nuggets » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:38 am

Rockape wrote:I have No respect for clubs like Citeh and Chelski who have bought their success.....big fcuking deal! But it is in our DNA to hate the Spuds!

Amen to that brother :arse fan:
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby Nuggets » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:38 am

Sims wrote:Imagine seeing an Arsenal forum where “fans” would rather see SPURS IN A CHAMPIONS LEAGUE SEMI-FINAL OVER MAN CITY, a team who is up the other end of the country and never had any relevance to us

:clap:
Nuggets

Postby Phil71 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:48 am

There are 990 professional football clubs in Europe.

My list in order of who I want to win the CL:

1. Any of the other 989.
2. not tottenham
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby BrunelGooner » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:50 am

Sims wrote:Imagine seeing an Arsenal forum where “fans” would rather see SPURS IN A CHAMPIONS LEAGUE SEMI-FINAL OVER MAN CITY, a team who is up the other end of the country and never had any relevance to us

:clap: :clap: :clap:
BrunelGooner
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Dejan » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:38 am

Get off your high horse pal. We want the result that benefits us the most. Spurs getting through = more difficult matches for them, so less likely to get results in the league = more chance for us to get the 3rd place = win. City will hammer spurs now too out of revenge.

And they will never ever beat barca in the final. Doubt they will even get past ajax.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby BrunelGooner » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:14 am

Dejan wrote:

Get off your high horse pal. We want the result that benefits us the most. Spurs getting through = more difficult matches for them, so less likely to get results in the league = more chance for us to get the 3rd place = win. City will hammer spurs now too out of revenge.

And they will never ever beat barca in the final. Doubt they will even get past ajax.

Nope, I'm sorry, but this doesn't sit well with me.

In what universe is Spurs reaching the last 4 of the Champions League a benefit for us? Ajax performed extremely well against Madrid and Juve, but they are both ageing sides who lack energy and speed. Spurs are literally the complete opposite of that. Let's not kid ourselves here, there is a very good chance they can reach the Champions League final.

And in a one-off game, even if it is against Barcelona or Liverpool (who are both considerably better than Spurs), anything can happen...

I accept there will be fixture congestion and injuries etc, but after the City game this weekend, their league fixtures are piss easy.

The further they go, the better their chances are of winning.

There is no way Spurs reaching the Champions League semi-finals benefits us.
BrunelGooner
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Ach » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:19 am

Dejan wrote:

Yup this.

Further they go, more games they have, more chance of taking their eye off the ball in the league and we take advantage. They've gone as far as I want them to go and hopefully Ajax do them and they drop points in the league games they have around the Ajax games and we take advantage.

Can't believe we have fans on here who want Spurs out of the CL thus concentrate on the league and finish ahead of us
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Dejan » Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:18 am

Ach wrote:
Dejan wrote:

Yup this.

Further they go, more games they have, more chance of taking their eye off the ball in the league and we take advantage. They've gone as far as I want them to go and hopefully Ajax do them and they drop points in the league games they have around the Ajax games and we take advantage.

Can't believe we have fans on here who want Spurs out of the CL thus concentrate on the league and finish ahead of us

100%
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Sims » Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:51 am

They have the easiest run in, they can play their second string and comfortably cruise it bar the City game

Them playing 2 extra games means absolutely nothing
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Dejan » Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:58 am

Ah yes, just like we comfortably cruised against Everton.
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Nuggets » Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:01 pm

BrunelGooner wrote:
Dejan wrote:

Nope, I'm sorry, but this doesn't sit well with me.

In what universe is Spurs reaching the last 4 of the Champions League a benefit for us? Ajax performed extremely well against Madrid and Juve, but they are both ageing sides who lack energy and speed. Spurs are literally the complete opposite of that. Let's not kid ourselves here, there is a very good chance they can reach the Champions League final.

And in a one-off game, even if it is against Barcelona or Liverpool (who are both considerably better than Spurs), anything can happen...

I accept there will be fixture congestion and injuries etc, but after the City game this weekend, their league fixtures are piss easy.

The further they go, the better their chances are of winning.

There is no way Spurs reaching the Champions League semi-finals benefits us.

I agree, even the thought of them making the semis makes me sick, Fook we would never live it down if the spuds ever won the CL fook that thought terrifies me. :BangHead:
Nuggets

PreviousNext

Return to World Football