Lucas Torreira

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: Lucas Torreira

Postby BexleyGooner » Mon Jul 25, 2022 12:32 pm

What’s happening with this dude? Haven’t heard anything for days about his situation. Getting to the point of wondering whether we are keeping him because we can’t afford another midfielder
BexleyGooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Mon Jul 25, 2022 1:10 pm

Has he played at all during pre-season? Or did he fly back to Europe to talk to clubs?
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby TedLasso » Mon Jul 25, 2022 1:25 pm

He's been in Italy while Arsenal were in the US. He doesn't want to be at Arsenal but no bids are coming in. Italian teams are expecting Arsenal to terminate his contract so they can sign him without a fee.
TedLasso
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby ag6789 » Mon Jul 25, 2022 5:44 pm

He actually left middle of the tour and went back to Italy.
Don't think Arsenal will let him go cheap even if he wants to. He's making things difficult for himself.
ag6789
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Ach » Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:16 pm

Valencia wants to sign Lucas Torreira but they want him for free, as reported by AS.

However, Arsenal are not looking to sell him without a transfer fee as he is heading back to London after a good spell with ACF Fiorentina.

Lol

Can't blame Valencia for wanting him on a free.
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby TedLasso » Thu Jul 28, 2022 11:06 pm

This was the inevitable downside of purging Mkhytarian, Ozil, Kolasinac, Auba, etc. Everyone thinks they dont have to pay a fee if they have the player terms agreed.
TedLasso
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby swipe right » Fri Jul 29, 2022 12:40 am

“When the player is 26-plus, big salary and he is not performing?
“I know it hurts, I know it is strange when I go to the board and say: ‘Sometimes it’s better to pay a player to leave, than maintain them.’ But I consider it an investment.“

From the lips of Edu. Now why would anyone want to pay a transfer fee?
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Est83 » Fri Jul 29, 2022 3:20 am

Great poker face

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Fri Jul 29, 2022 4:27 am

The board are even more clueless than I thought if they let public comments like that from Edu slide. Showing our hand like this to all and sundry is beyond ridiculous for a DOF to be doing.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby swipe right » Fri Jul 29, 2022 5:35 am

Barca got fcking Aubameyang on a free because of these idiots. Seriously how dumb is this lot. And some people on here actually think they are going to lead us to the promised land.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Power n Glory » Fri Jul 29, 2022 6:57 am

Highbury Hillbilly wrote:The board are even more clueless than I thought if they let public comments like that from Edu slide. Showing our hand like this to all and sundry is beyond ridiculous for a DOF to be doing.

I think that's the problem with playing the PR game. When you broadcast your intentions and strategies in public it can be used against you. I do wonder what negative effect this All or Nothing doc will have.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Arsenal Tone » Fri Jul 29, 2022 7:31 am

Power n Glory wrote:
Highbury Hillbilly wrote:The board are even more clueless than I thought if they let public comments like that from Edu slide. Showing our hand like this to all and sundry is beyond ridiculous for a DOF to be doing.

I think that's the problem with playing the PR game. When you broadcast your intentions and strategies in public it can be used against you. I do wonder what negative effect this All or Nothing doc will have.
I still prefer this to the bs wenger and gazidis used to feed us.
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Power n Glory » Fri Jul 29, 2022 8:43 am

Arsenal Tone wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:

I still prefer this to the bs wenger and gazidis used to feed us.

The PR tricks stop working if the football fails to meet expectations. You'll change your tune if we still look far off years down the line. That's what happened with Wenger and Gazidis.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby theHotHead » Fri Jul 29, 2022 9:22 am

Its great being a straight talker and honest, not good for business though when you bare all so your competitors know what you are doing. Sometimes in life you have to know when to be quiet, when to shut the f**k up!
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby swipe right » Fri Jul 29, 2022 12:29 pm

Edu bought Willian and Luiz from his pal Kia, but goes around trashing 26 year old players.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

PreviousNext

Return to World Football