Unai Emery

All UK football including, Scottish/Irish/Welsh Leagues and Cups. Also, domestic transfer gossip and news.

Is Unai Emery the right man to take Arsenal forward?

Poll ended at Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:36 pm

Yes
27%
No
33%
Unsure
24%
Doesn't matter as long as Kroenke is in charge
15%

Total votes : 66

Re: Unai Emery, Arsenal Head Coach

Postby themessiah » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:19 pm

Ach wrote:
Sims wrote:David Luiz is our best CB, it was an astute signing

Key defender in 2 title winning sides. Great to have him

Luiz is much better than Sokratis imo. Think the latter is very over rated.
Image Image
themessiah
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Nuggets » Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:16 pm

Power n Glory wrote:
Nuggets wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
Nuggets wrote:
LMAO wrote:
Va-Va-Voom wrote:How can you support Emery when the man has made Xhaka captain, which essentially renders him undroppable?

Ask Nuggets when he returns from hiatus.

Personally, I find it funny how someone can despise Wenger and then turn around and unironically fawn over Emery, despite his shortcomings that Wenger would've been dragged over coals for.

Just to clarify a few things, I am not fawning over Emrey I am just stating that he needs time to rebuild after the dross the unmentionable one left as his legacy, Instant success is nice but I doubt it will happen anytime soon, Emrey needs time to get rid of the sh1te and recruit the players he feels will be the best for the team he is trying to build. All things considered I don't think he is doing too badly. He is not without faults I agree I am not happy about him starting the walking nightmare Xhaka and for the life of me I can't see the reason behind it but hey ho he is the manager. Perhaps he made him captain because we have a record of getting rid of captains who knows.

I just amazed that some people who want instant success supported the unmentionable one when he was taking the club into the abyss. You can please some people some of the time but can't please some people all the time etc so those who moan will keep moaning and those of us who don't (yet) won't. If when Emrey has his full team that he wants and doesn't deliver then I will start moaning but until then the jury is still out on him and I will continue to support him and the team.

1) Define instant success? 2) I wouldn't define a top 4 finish as instant success but that's my expectation for Emery this season. I'd also like to see an improvement in our defending, our build up and attacking. We now have a team that looks totally different from the team Wenger coached so all excuses about what he has inherited has to stop this season. I think Sarri inherited rotten squad and wasn't backed to make massive changes to the squad but had to work with what he had. He still managed to finish 3rd and beat us in the EL final. I also look at 3) Klopp and Poch as examples. In their 2nd seasons they finished in the Top 4 and their brand of football was noticeable. For me, Emery's style has to start to take shape this season and I'm expecting a Top 4 finish. If he finished below Ole and Lampard then that's inexcusable.

As is going into meltdown after loosing 1 game, people are demanding his departure this season after 4 games laughable, fickle to say the least, lets give the guy a chance thats all i am saying. Some of our best players are still not fit when they start playing I am hoping to see a big difference , but the team will still need time to gel. . I would also like to see us get in the top 4 and sort out the defending problems. You go on about Klopp and Poch as examples. In their 2nd seasons they finished in the Top 4 erm this is the START of his second season, again lets see what he can do before wanting him shot. If when he has what he wants he doesn't deliver at least a top 4 he would have failed as far as I am concerned but please the season has just started so lets get behind the manager and the team. :arsesmile:

I wouldn't confuse a 'meltdown' with post game analysis. For me, that's all this is. It's different if I'm at the Emirates or watching a live game. I try to stay positive and get behind the team on match day. The same applies if talking to fans of other teams trying to shit on my team. I don't have it and will defend Arsenal. But here, whilst talking with fellow Arsenal fans and the whole purpose here is to discuss and debate, I'm going to be honest with what I see and I don't have to sugarcoat it.

Good for you, nobody is asking anything different from you.
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby Power n Glory » Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:30 pm

Nuggets wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
Nuggets wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
Nuggets wrote:
LMAO wrote:
Va-Va-Voom wrote:How can you support Emery when the man has made Xhaka captain, which essentially renders him undroppable?

Personally, I find it funny how someone can despise Wenger and then turn around and unironically fawn over Emery, despite his shortcomings that Wenger would've been dragged over coals for.

Just to clarify a few things, I am not fawning over Emrey I am just stating that he needs time to rebuild after the dross the unmentionable one left as his legacy, Instant success is nice but I doubt it will happen anytime soon, Emrey needs time to get rid of the sh1te and recruit the players he feels will be the best for the team he is trying to build. All things considered I don't think he is doing too badly. He is not without faults I agree I am not happy about him starting the walking nightmare Xhaka and for the life of me I can't see the reason behind it but hey ho he is the manager. Perhaps he made him captain because we have a record of getting rid of captains who knows.

I just amazed that some people who want instant success supported the unmentionable one when he was taking the club into the abyss. You can please some people some of the time but can't please some people all the time etc so those who moan will keep moaning and those of us who don't (yet) won't. If when Emrey has his full team that he wants and doesn't deliver then I will start moaning but until then the jury is still out on him and I will continue to support him and the team.

1) Define instant success? 2) I wouldn't define a top 4 finish as instant success but that's my expectation for Emery this season. I'd also like to see an improvement in our defending, our build up and attacking. We now have a team that looks totally different from the team Wenger coached so all excuses about what he has inherited has to stop this season. I think Sarri inherited rotten squad and wasn't backed to make massive changes to the squad but had to work with what he had. He still managed to finish 3rd and beat us in the EL final. I also look at 3) Klopp and Poch as examples. In their 2nd seasons they finished in the Top 4 and their brand of football was noticeable. For me, Emery's style has to start to take shape this season and I'm expecting a Top 4 finish. If he finished below Ole and Lampard then that's inexcusable.

As is going into meltdown after loosing 1 game, people are demanding his departure this season after 4 games laughable, fickle to say the least, lets give the guy a chance thats all i am saying. Some of our best players are still not fit when they start playing I am hoping to see a big difference , but the team will still need time to gel. . I would also like to see us get in the top 4 and sort out the defending problems. You go on about Klopp and Poch as examples. In their 2nd seasons they finished in the Top 4 erm this is the START of his second season, again lets see what he can do before wanting him shot. If when he has what he wants he doesn't deliver at least a top 4 he would have failed as far as I am concerned but please the season has just started so lets get behind the manager and the team. :arsesmile:

I wouldn't confuse a 'meltdown' with post game analysis. For me, that's all this is. It's different if I'm at the Emirates or watching a live game. I try to stay positive and get behind the team on match day. The same applies if talking to fans of other teams trying to shit on my team. I don't have it and will defend Arsenal. But here, whilst talking with fellow Arsenal fans and the whole purpose here is to discuss and debate, I'm going to be honest with what I see and I don't have to sugarcoat it.

Well keep note because there is always a sudden case of amnesia on here when we get into a discussion about the manager after a game.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Nuggets » Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:32 pm

Power n Glory wrote:
Nuggets wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
Nuggets wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
Nuggets wrote:
LMAO wrote:

Well keep note because there is always a sudden case of amnesia on here when we get into a discussion about the manager after a game.

Why would I need to keep note, and amnesia from whom ? :think:
Nuggets

Postby swipe right » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:21 am

Sacchi name checks Klopp, Pep, Poch and even good ol’ Arsene. But no mention of Unai?
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... Klopp.html
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Sims » Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:10 pm

Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Ach » Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:11 pm

Our players are f***ing idiots then if is is true.
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Fenice » Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:28 pm

TBF, if you have CMs covering your wings, exposing your back line, I'd be confused too. He is either still having a personnel issue in his mind, or isn't sure how to properly utilize what he has, which would both be big problems.
Fenice
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Power n Glory » Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:35 pm

He needs a translator.

I mean.....just his introduction alone..... :) I had to go back and read the subs.

Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:52 pm

Ach wrote:Our players are f***ing idiots then if is is true.

What is it, can't see Twitter posts at work.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Angelito » Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:56 pm

Arsenal players confused by Unai Emery’s tactics, writes Alan Smith

Watching England grapple with Kosovo this week reminded me of the issues facing Unai Emery.

Like Gareth Southgate, the Arsenal manager has a fantastic front three to play around with. Just like Harry Kane, Raheem Sterling, Marcus Rashford or Jadon Sancho, Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, Alexandre Lacazette and Nicolas Pepe will cause anyone problems with their pace, ability and finishing.

But behind that attack so many questions need answers, as that chaotic to-and-fro in Southampton proved for the Three Lions. What, for instance, constitutes Emery’s best midfield combination? Does he persist with a three or change formation slightly to incorporate a No10 in the shape of Dani Ceballos or Mesut Ozil?

On the evidence so far, something needs to change. Because as well as Arsenal played going forward in the second half against Tottenham, that midfield offered scant protection to a back four in need of plenty. Every time the visitors sprang forward they looked really dangerous, encouraged by loads of space in the middle ground.

Maybe it is down to a lack of understanding. I have heard whispers, after all, that some of the players find their manager’s instructions confusing, that they do not really know what he wants them to do. If so, that does not bode well. A clarity of purpose is essential.

My mate and former Gunners team-mate, Paul Merson, did make me laugh when he referred to “Unai Wenger”, arguing Arsenal do not look much ­different under the Spaniard than they did during those shapeless latter days under Arsene Wenger. In fairness, Emery’s rearguard will probably look a lot different in a month or two, once Hector Bellerin, Rob Holding and new-boy Kieran Tierney become available. You would hope that the unit can grow ­steadily stronger to cope much better on the back foot.

I thought the studious Emery would have made improvements long before now. For someone who spends untold hours personally cutting up video of the opposition to show his ­players, you would have thought we would have seen a more organised reaction to ­losing the ball.

Quique Sanchez Flores will certainly be trying to quickly introduce that in his second stint at Watford. For me, he inherits a better squad than the one he left. Arsenal must hope that he does not also prompt the new manager’s bounce.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:01 pm

Has he got a quote from a player stating this or is this just his jumped up opinion so he can have something to dribble and call it an article?

Sounds like fake news to me.

Players "being confused" is just a cover for "their sh*t", we lost due to Xhaka gifting a penalty ........... that had nothing to do with tactics it was more down to sh*t selection of a player who lets us down.

If we're going to blame Emery for a mistake lets at least blame him for the right one, Xhaka will cost him his job if he keeps on forcing him into our line ups.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:38 pm

If Emery does fall, the trail of his demise will lead back to his selection of Xhaka as captain.

If.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby BS221B » Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:19 pm

Sims wrote:

We have already knew this from Iwobi on last season.
BS221B
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Ach » Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:26 pm

BS221B wrote:
Sims wrote:

We have already knew this from Iwobi on last season.

What
Ach
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Domestic Football