Unai Emery

All UK football including, Scottish/Irish/Welsh Leagues and Cups. Also, domestic transfer gossip and news.

Is Unai Emery the right man to take Arsenal forward?

Poll ended at Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:36 pm

Yes
27%
No
33%
Unsure
24%
Doesn't matter as long as Kroenke is in charge
15%

Total votes : 66

Re: Unai Emery, Arsenal Head Coach

Postby Rockape » Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:27 pm

starmandb wrote:
ag6789 wrote:Nothing to be elated much after beating a pub team. Once again any PL team will have a go at us with the midfield being wide open.
The EL is really a 3rd tier contest until SF.
But must say was impressed w/ Willock and Saka today. Smith-Rowe needs more game time though.

183 million pound pub team
And I shall reserve the right to enjoy Arsenal victoys thank you
As I did long before people's internet misery became the soundtrack of football fandom

It’s an age thing Starman.....these newbie fans haven’t lived through the ups and downs that Arsenal have been through in our lifetime. Just like share prices, ‘past performance is no guarantee of future success!’
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Ach » Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:27 pm

Rockape wrote:
starmandb wrote:
ag6789 wrote:Nothing to be elated much after beating a pub team. Once again any PL team will have a go at us with the midfield being wide open.
But must say was impressed w/ Willock and Saka today. Smith-Rowe needs more game time though.

As I did long before people's internet misery became the soundtrack of football fandom

It’s an age thing Starman.....these newbie fans haven’t lived through the ups and downs that Arsenal have been through in our lifetime. Just like share prices, ‘past performance is no guarantee of future success!’

Pretty much

Back in my day when I went to games, the likes of drake and bastin were supported throughout even during a bad game. Chapman was loved by all.
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby gooney » Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:44 pm

So the team that completely outplayed us and had 31 shots against us and his defenders saying oh watford is good lost 8-0 today. Thats the team xhaka said we were scared against and you guys defended him? Its getting beyond embarrassing how pathetic some of our fans are. Anyone who wants him to stay either have mental problems or is not a fan of this club. No other way
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Dejan » Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:54 pm

"How pathetic some of our fans are"

Coming from the superfan that said multiple times that he hopes that we lose a certain game.

Hilarious

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Ach » Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:59 pm

Gooney trolling is impressive

He has been missed though after going missing for the epic Frankfurt win.
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby gooney » Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:09 pm

Ach wrote:Gooney trolling is impressive

He has been missed though after going missing for the epic Frankfurt win.

I took a week off cause I was so angry with some people here defending that watford performance and one even said watford is a good team. Honestly now can you imagine a big club accepting that performance, leicester away and worse of all watford away last season for 82 mins being outplayed by 10 men? I had doubt of him from first day. But after Watford away I have been adamant he neefed to be sacked after that match. Defending a lead vs 10 men small team is unacceptable

The worst bit is not a single poster have said gooney he needs to stay and here are the good things he does and this is why I can see him successful. His defenders defend him by attacking others because we have so many stats to use against them
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby swipe right » Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:13 am

Ramsey scores on his Juventus debut. Well done Unai.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:22 am

swipe right wrote:Ramsey scores on his Juventus debut. Well done Unai.
Surely that contract mess is on Wenger?
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby swipe right » Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:38 am

Tony_Adams wrote:
swipe right wrote:Ramsey scores on his Juventus debut. Well done Unai.
Surely that contract mess is on Wenger?

Nope. It happened on Unai’s watch.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Nuggets » Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:39 am

starmandb wrote:

:clap: :clap: Well said, I remember the old days when we were up and down like a fiddlers elbow but I still supported the club in good and bad times. Some people want instant success but sadly that doesn't happen so I will continue to like you enjoy our wins moan about our losses but still keep coming back for more.
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby gooney » Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:22 am

Nuggets wrote:
starmandb wrote:

:clap: :clap: Well said, I remember the old days when we were up and down like a fiddlers elbow but I still supported the club in good and bad times. Some people want instant success but sadly that doesn't happen so I will continue to like you enjoy our wins moan about our losses but still keep coming back for more.

Instant success? Saying arsenal conceding most shots in europe top 5 leagues is acceptable? Being completely outplayed by the worst team in the PL this season pinged in our half conceding 31 shots while they lose 8-0 is acceptable? Being dominated by 10 men watford for 82 mins defending for our life is acceptable? Having our lowest possesions since PL started vs leicester making them look prime barca and the manager going with game plan of defending for our lives is acceptable?

People like you will say soon staying in the PL should not be taken for granted and staying up is success. How the hell can you watch this team with Emery and think he can bring success? Tell us what you see that we dont?
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Losmeister » Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:53 am

"Saying arsenal conceding most shots in europe top 5 leagues is acceptable? "

idea. DONT accept it. stamp your feet and LET THE DOOR HIT YOU IN THE ASS on the way out and stop spreading your f***ing bile.
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Angelito » Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:29 am

Losmeister wrote:"Saying arsenal conceding most shots in europe top 5 leagues is acceptable? "

idea. DONT accept it. stamp your feet and LET THE DOOR HIT YOU IN THE ASS on the way out and stop spreading your f***ing bile.

Everything Gooney said was factual in that post.

I'm sorry but those defending Unai only have sentiment as their modus operandi.

You need to counter his points with facts.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby gooney » Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:40 am

Angelito wrote:
Losmeister wrote:"Saying arsenal conceding most shots in europe top 5 leagues is acceptable? "

Everything Gooney said was factual in that post.

I'm sorry but those defending Unai only have sentiment as their modus operandi.

You need to counter his points with facts.

How do you counter conceding 31 shots against bottom of the league team and your captain say we were scared and then see them lose 8-0 next game. But with Emery its not about result. Top team can draw to Watford away or even lose. But you would never see chelsea or spurs concede 25 shots in one half and be absolutely battered and defend for their life. But they know exactly what Im saying and cant defend him
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Sims » Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:42 am

All with a better squad you know
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

PreviousNext

Return to Domestic Football