Unai Emery

All UK football including, Scottish/Irish/Welsh Leagues and Cups. Also, domestic transfer gossip and news.

Is Unai Emery the right man to take Arsenal forward?

Poll ended at Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:36 pm

Yes
27%
No
33%
Unsure
24%
Doesn't matter as long as Kroenke is in charge
15%

Total votes : 66

Re: Unai Emery, Arsenal Head Coach

Postby BS221B » Sun Sep 01, 2019 6:02 pm

Ach wrote:
BS221B wrote:Allegri is the manager who has the highest winrate in Juventus history, two CL finals in last five years. If he is shit then i dont want to know what Emery is.

I'd rather listen to a Juve fan who watches them week in and week out over a guy who probably doesn't even know what country Juve are in and wants Arteta as manager looool

Not cool :naughty:
BS221B
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby themessiah » Sun Sep 01, 2019 6:05 pm

Currently available managers:

-José Mourinho
-Massimiliano Allegri
-Laurent Blanc
-Stefano Pioli
-Chris Hughton
-Massimo Carrera
-Luciano Spalletti
-Claude Puel

Take your pick Emery outers
Image Image
themessiah
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Ach » Sun Sep 01, 2019 6:06 pm

themessiah wrote:Currently available managers:

-José Mourinho
-Massimiliano Allegri
-Laurent Blanc
-Stefano Pioli
-Chris Hughton
-Massimo Carrera
-Luciano Spalletti
-Claude Puel

Jose is a must get for any club wanting trophies.

Rest are bang average to shit
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Godlop » Sun Sep 01, 2019 6:08 pm

themessiah wrote:Currently available managers:

-José Mourinho
-Massimiliano Allegri
-Laurent Blanc
-Stefano Pioli
-Chris Hughton
-Massimo Carrera
-Luciano Spalletti
-Claude Puel

Arteta or Freddie as interim manager.

We need someone that knows the club and wants to play positive/offensive football.
عمود اضاءة
Godlop
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Sims » Sun Sep 01, 2019 6:09 pm

our next manager is probs gonna be freddie
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby 1991 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:33 pm

Zedie wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
1991 wrote:Bruce Rioch; hired in 95 & fired in 96 despite taking AFC from 12th to 5th so we couId get Wenger

#Emeryout is not reactive & wrong but but pro active & right

Emery wiII never win a titIe 4 us, sticking with Emery & Ietting CheIsea/Man u nick Allegri isn't 'IoyaI' it's dumb

hit that upgrade button whiIe we stiII can b4 we're Ieft hoIding ur dicks when emery inevitabIy gets sacked in a year or 2 and no top manages are avaiIabIe

Agreed. We can't sit around and give the same length of time we did for Wenger.

He's been here a year and 4 games now :rofll:

which part of the rioch comparison did u miss? a year is more than enough to see he aint IeveIs, & i've toId u why we need to act soon
give him another year and our rivaIs wouId've upgraded on us whiIe we're Ieft to settIe for mediocrity again, just Iike we ended up with emery instead of KIopp ecause pussy fans didnt want to puII the trigger on wenger
Jonathan Pearce - "Regarding any new transfers you are not going to give me a clue are you?"
Arsene Wenger - "I cannot give you what i don't have"
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Fenice » Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:35 pm

1991 wrote:
Zedie wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
1991 wrote:Bruce Rioch; hired in 95 & fired in 96 despite taking AFC from 12th to 5th so we couId get Wenger

Emery wiII never win a titIe 4 us, sticking with Emery & Ietting CheIsea/Man u nick Allegri isn't 'IoyaI' it's dumb

hit that upgrade button whiIe we stiII can b4 we're Ieft hoIding ur dicks when emery inevitabIy gets sacked in a year or 2 and no top manages are avaiIabIe

which part of the rioch comparison did u miss? a year is more than enough to see he aint IeveIs, & i've toId u why we need to act soon
give him another year and our rivaIs wouId've upgraded on us whiIe we're Ieft to settIe for mediocrity again, just Iike we ended up with emery instead of KIopp ecause pussy fans didnt want to puII the trigger on wenger

This.
Fenice
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby ag6789 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:45 pm

The Liverpool game shows his level. Clueless against top managers.
ag6789
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:23 pm

Well, here you go.. Emery on Xhaka.

In 90 minutes, I'm very proud of his work. Some mistakes we can have, I want to use them to progress, to learn and improve. There are a lot more positive things individually and collectively, and also with Xhaka for me

I get that a manager does not want to berate a player, but to say he is very proud of Xhaka's work? Must be a joke.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Zedie » Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:38 pm

1991 wrote:
Zedie wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

Christ all mighty the panic merchants are out in full force.

Yeah you're right. We should do what man u or Chelsea etc are doing. Because we've got infinite budget to cover mistakes and apparently switching managers every season will work.

Emery is in his last year of his contract. Who are we getting right now that you actually want and didn't turn us down last year?

Allegri - Mr bus park? Mr turned us down last year?

Arteta - mr no games managed in his life but is apparently the next fergie?

You're bringing up a manager from 25 years ago because you're rattled Emery hasn't turned around 22 years of Wenger's reign in one season ffs and are now complaining because we got beat by the world champions and drew against spurs like that's never happened before.

The panic is actually ridiculous . You Emery out guys are in a perfect position:

He fucks up hes gone.
He doesn't were in the CL and possible trophies

All this panic because we haven't shown championship winning results against the 2 CL finalists 4 games into a season after loads of upheaval.

We were all over them but shipped 2 terrible goals today but fought back and had them on toast for the whole game mostly. Of course I've seen a handful of people actually recognising this but the majority has been astounding tbh

Pepe is a huge waste of money after 2 starts

Emery will never win anything

We should be attacking liverpool at Anfield and go toe to toe

Everything is a shambles

I've never seen anything like it.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Ach » Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:54 pm

Zedie wrote:
1991 wrote:
Zedie wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

Yeah you're right. We should do what man u or Chelsea etc are doing. Because we've got infinite budget to cover mistakes and apparently switching managers every season will work.

Emery is in his last year of his contract. Who are we getting right now that you actually want and didn't turn us down last year?

You're bringing up a manager from 25 years ago because you're rattled Emery hasn't turned around 22 years of Wenger's reign in one season ffs and are now complaining because we got beat by the world champions and drew against spurs like that's never happened before.

The panic is actually ridiculous . You Emery out guys are in a perfect position:

He fucks up hes gone.

All this panic because we haven't shown championship winning results against the 2 CL finalists 4 games into a season after loads of upheaval.

We were all over them but shipped 2 terrible goals today but fought back and had them on toast for the whole game mostly. Of course I've seen a handful of people actually recognising this but the majority has been astounding tbh

Everything is a shambles

GW at its best
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby ag6789 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:08 pm

You're Unai's greatest follower. He will feel vindicated when he reads your post. Need to be translated though!!
ag6789
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:52 pm

Zedie wrote:
1991 wrote:
Zedie wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

He fucks up hes gone.

Everything is a shambles

I agree the agendas are out of hand, its like "Revenge of the Wengerites" with some posters ............ however.

I have to say Emery isn't making it easy to defend him when he keeps inserting these weak links and guaranteed fk up players spoiling our games.

If he's going to keep playing players like Xhaka and Mustafi etc who are costing us games then I can't stick up for him if he's doing this to himself.

The whole team was spot on bar Xhaka ............ who just happened to gift the 2nd goal and make us draw at home.

Its career suicide and this season MUST be about results, we've wasted too much time with sentiment, we have the nucleus of a good team, don't let clowns keep us down.

He needs to realise this now.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Zedie » Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:14 pm

I don't rate xhaka as much as the next guy, but ultimately, we are light in midfield physically without him which pisses me off so much.

Guendouzi is great, but for him to be the midfield muscle for us is a risk to take.

Hes still inexperienced and still hasn't got man strength yet but it'll come.

Torriera is a f***ing nuisance but can get shaken or rolled over easily.

Cabellos is similar to torriera but not as good at tackling and probably weaker.

That midfield would be good v ball playing teams but v a Burnley I'm not so sure itd work all the time if the refs let things go.

Spurs and man u actually have pretty big and strong teams and that's why they can switch it up so well against a midfield like that. I guess we will find out in time.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Jedi » Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:35 pm

Torreira is a bit shit too tbh... Too weak and gets thrown around easily. I was hoping he'd be more like Kante but he isn't. It's a tossup between him and Xhaka atm... I'm fine with either one starting
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

PreviousNext

Return to Domestic Football