Unai Emery

All UK football including, Scottish/Irish/Welsh Leagues and Cups. Also, domestic transfer gossip and news.

Is Unai Emery the right man to take Arsenal forward?

Poll ended at Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:36 pm

Yes
27%
No
33%
Unsure
24%
Doesn't matter as long as Kroenke is in charge
15%

Total votes : 66

Re: Unai Emery, Arsenal Head Coach

Postby BS221B » Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:37 pm

Emery, who is infamous for falling out with his players cant attract good footballers to the club, who could have thought? Definitely not Gazidis.
BS221B
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby starmandb » Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:26 pm

gooney wrote:Not a good coach at all. I love the way spartak owner sacked him in the dtessing room infront of everyone and told him fbck off lol

You don't really love anything do you ?
You are an Internet cliche
What a strange ambition
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby starmandb » Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:28 pm

swipe right wrote:
EliteKiller wrote:
swipe right wrote:So why doesn’t he quit and join a better club?

I can think of 6 million good reasons ... can't you?

I can think of just one. He can’t get a better club.

That's coz there ain't one
starmandb

Postby Mess » Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:47 pm

I read the "experts" who dumps on Emery, completely baffled. He Inherited an unbalanced squad with no depth and then, the same experts wants him to somehow overhaul the squad with 40m and deliver "best of Europe" type of performance? Yea ok...

Another gold comment: "Players are not joining Arsenal because of Emery". Give me a break...would you join a team like Arsenal in it's current state? No? I thought so.
Mess
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby theHotHead » Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:42 am

Rubbish, Arsenal are one of the biggest clubs in world football, we should not have trouble attracting the best players. We keep buying the wrong players and have done so since the break up of the Invincibles.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby EliteKiller » Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:25 am

theHotHead wrote:Rubbish, Arsenal are one of the biggest clubs in world football, we should not have trouble attracting the best players. We keep buying the wrong players and have done so since the break up of the Invincibles.

Whilst I agree that a London based, regular Champions League, high paying arsenal Football Club are a massive draw, the fact is right now we are falling short in two of those three categories ... we're low on cash, and we're not in the CL ... so yes we will have trouble attracting the very top players and indeed we might have trouble hanging on to the ones we already have.
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Nuggets » Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:09 am

theHotHead wrote:Rubbish, Arsenal are one of the biggest clubs in world football, we should not have trouble attracting the best players. We keep buying the wrong players and have done so since the break up of the Invincibles.

At last I can agree with you on something, you have it spot on. :clap:
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby Interest: waning » Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:07 am

Nuggets wrote:

At last I can agree with you on something, you have it spot on. :clap:
Yep.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Interest: waning
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby jayramfootball » Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:23 am

EliteKiller wrote:

Whilst I agree that a London based, regular Champions League, high paying arsenal Football Club are a massive draw, the fact is right now we are falling short in two of those three categories ... we're low on cash, and we're not in the CL ... so yes we will have trouble attracting the very top players and indeed we might have trouble hanging on to the ones we already have.

We're not low on cash, we have plenty of money (in fact we have more cash than any other club in the country - and I believe any other club in world football - including Real Madrid, Barca, Bayern) ... and top players can be had for less than £10m anyway, they just need to be found with good scouting.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby EliteKiller » Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:55 am

jayramfootball wrote:We're not low on cash, we have plenty of money (in fact we have more cash than any other club in the country - and I believe any other club in world football - including Real Madrid, Barca, Bayern) ... and top players can be had for less than £10m anyway, they just need to be found with good scouting.

OK worded that badly ... we don't have space in the wages budget ... not until we shift the dead-weight
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:15 am

................. who can't even make top 4 and are not participating in the CL's.

That big club?

We're not a big club, we are a big brand, there is a difference.

Even if we are a big club we're certainly not run like one.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby EliteKiller » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:51 am

Our injury list is not starting next season to well - Bellerin was due back in light training for pre-season, just heard from a very good source that he's "several months away" and that his recovery has not gone well at all ... pity the lad long term injuries are a nightmare ...
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Angelito » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:55 am

We've had stellar sides up until 2011. It's just that we never had the money to do what Liverpool did last summer—in getting Alisson and van Dijk to complete the puzzle.

In fact, I'd say Wenger's second greatest achievement would be 05-11. If we had someone like, say, Puyol, we could have won the UCL or the Prem during that time.

It's also interesting to note that our UCL performances improved after Vieira.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby alexafc12 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:59 am

His rep hinders us for sure. The only manager to lose a one horse race in Ligue 1 and the bloke who’s nicknamed “La Botella” in Spain.

What hope do we have
alexafc12
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Arsenal Tone » Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:50 pm

alexafc12 wrote:His rep hinders us for sure. The only manager to lose a one horse race in Ligue 1 and the bloke who’s nicknamed “La Botella” in Spain.

What hope do we have
Look up Wenger. In France he was known as 'le job de botteille' (bottle job) after the dismal end to his time there. Even in Japan he was known as a knickname that roughly translates as 'rubbish at tactics'. Yet he came here and did ok for a few years. You need to give Emery a chance.
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Domestic Football