Unai Emery

All UK football including, Scottish/Irish/Welsh Leagues and Cups. Also, domestic transfer gossip and news.

Is Unai Emery the right man to take Arsenal forward?

Poll ended at Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:36 pm

Yes
27%
No
33%
Unsure
24%
Doesn't matter as long as Kroenke is in charge
15%

Total votes : 66

Re: Unai Emery

Postby VCC » Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:30 pm

Ach wrote:
The following is a message from Unai Emery:

It has been an honour to be the Arsenal head coach.

To all the fans, I want to thank you all from the bottom of my heart for helping me to understand and feel the greatness of Arsenal. To all of you who have supported us from every corner of the globe, all of you who have come to the Emirates, all of you who have waited in the rain and cold just to greet me after a game. I want to tell all of you that I have worked with passion, with commitment and with effort.

I would have liked nothing more than to have achieved better results for you.

I also want to send a message of gratitude to all Arsenal employees for the way they have treated me. The greatness of Arsenal is in every director, executive, employee, assistant and volunteer.

In particular, I want to highlight Ivan Gazidis, who welcomed me to the club, and Raul Sanllehi, Edu and Vinai Venkatesham for their respect, companionship and help. Until the very last minute I have been treated with honour and honesty. And of course, I send my sincere gratitude to the Kroenke family, for their trust.

It has been a year and a half full of emotions, of great moments and some other more bitter ones, but not a single day has gone by without me stopping to think about how lucky I have been to work for this club with these players and their professional and personal qualities.

They have always honoured the shirt they wear. They deserve your support.

I had already experienced a lot in football, but I have enjoyed and learned a lot in England, in the Premier League, about respect for professionals and about the purity of football.

My best wishes always.

COYG

Emotional. Thank you Unai.

Very professional he will many more years in football
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:58 pm

Can't believed he repped Gazidis. Maybe he was a fraud after all.

JK, nice parting message from him. I think he'll go back to Sevilla in the summer.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Re: OFFICIAL: Emery Sacked

Postby theHotHead » Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:16 pm

Ozil got the last laugh lol
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:21 pm

theHotHead wrote:Ozil got the last laugh lol

That happened in Jan 2018.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Dejan » Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:50 pm

He didnt thank the players

Kind of odd if you ask me

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:04 pm

Ach wrote:

To all the fans, I want to thank you all from the bottom of my heart for helping me to understand and feel the greatness of Arsenal. To all of you who have supported us from every corner of the globe, all of you who have come to the Emirates, all of you who have waited in the rain and cold just to greet me after a game. I want to tell all of you that I have worked with passion, with commitment and with effort.

I also want to send a message of gratitude to all Arsenal employees for the way they have treated me. The greatness of Arsenal is in every director, executive, employee, assistant and volunteer.

In particular, I want to highlight Ivan Gazidis, who welcomed me to the club, and Raul Sanllehi, Edu and Vinai Venkatesham for their respect, companionship and help. Until the very last minute I have been treated with honour and honesty. And of course, I send my sincere gratitude to the Kroenke family, for their trust.

It has been a year and a half full of emotions, of great moments and some other more bitter ones, but not a single day has gone by without me stopping to think about how lucky I have been to work for this club with these players and their professional and personal qualities.

I had already experienced a lot in football, but I have enjoyed and learned a lot in England, in the Premier League, about respect for professionals and about the purity of football.

My best wishes always.

COYG

Nice message from a nice guy, hope he lands another decent job and recovers his reputation but he just couldn't make it work here. No need to hold any bad feelings towards him, genuinely feel like he did try to make it work and gave his best, it just wasn't enough.

Thanks for the EL run Unai, actually had some of my best live supporting moments under his stewardship. If only we'd have won that game in Baku i'd have always loved him.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Zenith » Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:07 am

Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby Angelito » Sat Nov 30, 2019 1:53 am

gooney wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:That's a detailed piece from The Athletic. He really was a poor manager on all fronts.

People having a go at players are idiots. I have worked for a very incompetent manager and it takes everything out of you. They act like managers don’t matter and players should sort everything out. When every team outplays you, then bits clear the manage is not up to it.

Yeah.

If the upper head or your supervisor/manager is a dufus, no matter how talented you are, how hard-working, you will still be in a mess because it's not in your hands. It's essential for the manager/captain of the ship to be smart and open to new ideas.

I've been in situations myself where I knew a train-wreck was approaching but my line manager was busy acting like he knows everything. And, boom, when it actually happens—what surprises me—is that they act surprised, when everyone could see it from a mile away.

Goodness gracious.

It's the same situation with Emery at Arsenal. His robotic, rigid, and stubborn ways sucked the soul out of players. He believed in micromanaging every player and didn't allow them freedom to express themselves. I've never been as bored of watching us play and as apathetic of the whole thing as I've been this season. It was draining as a supporter to see this bunch of talented players mismanaged because of the whims and fancies of a manager who was out of his depth.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby swipe right » Sat Nov 30, 2019 2:04 am

Nobody goes to a football game to see the manager. It’s the players who make the game. They should rightly have the control. If emery can’t bring the best out of them they are right to mock him and get him fired. Why should Torriera’s career have to suffer because the manager is a muppet?
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Angelito » Sat Nov 30, 2019 2:15 am

Power n Glory wrote:
Sims wrote:
Nuggets wrote:
Ach wrote:
Jedi wrote:I will remember him as the dude that got us to a European final. His tenure has ultimately been a failure but branding him a "shit stain" is completely unnecessary and pretty disgusting actually.

I'm sure he dreamed of winning big trophies with this club. He simply wasn't good enough and he got sacked for it. Can we just accept that and move on without abusing him for no reason?

Yup

Well said, some people are just foul mouth numpties and don't know any better, he done his best it wasn't good enough and he is gone, move on.

Nuggets wrote:Sadly true, even more sad is some Wonga fanboys thinks the sun still shines out of his ass, he left us in a right mess the senile old tw@t.

Those that want this to be moved on quickly were probably the loudest when calling out fans that have been saying he's not good enough and needs the boot.

Also, true.

Some of the members made the whole discussion over Unai personal and wouldn't understand what a civil argument was even if it were shining as bright as the mid-day sun.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Ach » Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:07 am

Santi wrote:
Ach wrote:

My best wishes always.

COYG

Nice message from a nice guy, hope he lands another decent job and recovers his reputation but he just couldn't make it work here. No need to hold any bad feelings towards him, genuinely feel like he did try to make it work and gave his best, it just wasn't enough.

Thanks for the EL run Unai, actually had some of my best live supporting moments under his stewardship. If only we'd have won that game in Baku i'd have always loved him.

Don't disagree with any of that.
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Nuggets » Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:31 am

Dejan wrote:He didnt thank the players

Kind of odd if you ask me

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk

Why should he they didn't exactly give their all for him did they, I wish him well on his next quest and hope he succeeds.
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:15 am

Prediction - next west ham manager
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Ach » Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:14 pm

Is it too late to bring him back?
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Santi » Sat Dec 21, 2019 8:42 pm

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50865120

Short interview with Guillem Ballbag and Emery. Reckons it all went wrong in the space of a month lmao
Santi
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Domestic Football