Unai Emery

All UK football including, Scottish/Irish/Welsh Leagues and Cups. Also, domestic transfer gossip and news.

Is Unai Emery the right man to take Arsenal forward?

Poll ended at Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:36 pm

Yes
27%
No
33%
Unsure
24%
Doesn't matter as long as Kroenke is in charge
15%

Total votes : 66

Re: OFFICIAL: Emery Sacked

Postby UFGN » Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:42 pm

Did we really spend five million euros loaning Denis Suarez and then play him in six matches?
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:42 pm

FINALLY!!!!

:dance: :dance: :dance:
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
White Saliba Gabriel Zinchenko
(Tomiyasu/Niles) (Timber/Holding) (Trusty/Kiwior) (Tierney/Tavares)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
(Xhaka/Lokonga) —- (Partey/Elneny)
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli
(Pepe/Nelson) (Nketiah/Balogun) (Trossard/ESR)

Last Updated: 07/02/23
CrimsonGunner11
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner

Postby ag6789 » Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:44 pm

That Unai got an average , unproven and injured player to run the midfield says a lot about him. A lower league manager overawed by top players. Be it Neymar, or Ozil.
He was out of depth at AFC from the start. Good riddance.
ag6789
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Power n Glory » Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:03 pm

That's a detailed piece from The Athletic. He really was a poor manager on all fronts.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby gooney » Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:15 pm

Power n Glory wrote:That's a detailed piece from The Athletic. He really was a poor manager on all fronts.

People having a go at players are idiots. I have worked for a very incompetent manager and it takes everything out of you. They act like managers don’t matter and players should sort everything out. When every team outplays you, then bits clear the manage is not up to it.
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Re: Unai Emery

Postby Ach » Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:38 pm

Love the classiness
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Ach » Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:49 pm

Seeing the reactions from fellow managers says it all

But but Fairweather's on here know better

A very good manager but just not the right fit
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby VCC » Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:50 pm

Rioch brought us Bergkamp let's hope one or two of the Emery signings become as important for us as Bergkamp was
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby LMAO » Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:51 pm

Nuggets wrote:
Sims wrote:
Nuggets wrote:
Ach wrote:
Jedi wrote:I will remember him as the dude that got us to a European final. His tenure has ultimately been a failure but branding him a "shit stain" is completely unnecessary and pretty disgusting actually.

I'm sure he dreamed of winning big trophies with this club. He simply wasn't good enough and he got sacked for it. Can we just accept that and move on without abusing him for no reason?

Yup

Well said, some people are just foul mouth numpties and don't know any better, he done his best it wasn't good enough and he is gone, move on.

Nuggets wrote:Sadly true, even more sad is some Wonga fanboys thinks the sun still shines out of his ass, he left us in a right mess the senile old tw@t.

He was, can't remember calling him a shit stain.

What's the difference? Both derogatory remarks.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Power n Glory » Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:51 pm

gooney wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:That's a detailed piece from The Athletic. He really was a poor manager on all fronts.

People having a go at players are idiots. I have worked for a very incompetent manager and it takes everything out of you. They act like managers don’t matter and players should sort everything out. When every team outplays you, then bits clear the manage is not up to it.

You see it all the time. New starters come in with enthusiasm but burn out quickly when they experience the chaos. The mess we saw on the pitch was nothing to what was going on behind the scenes. A complete leadership breakdown and example of what we want to avoid in the future. That is Mourinho level dysfunction.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby LMAO » Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:02 pm

Nothing against Emery the person, but good riddance to Emery the manager.

He should be able to find success at an upper mid-table Spanish club.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby gooney » Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:06 pm

Power n Glory wrote:
gooney wrote:

You see it all the time. New starters come in with enthusiasm but burn out quickly when they experience the chaos. The mess we saw on the pitch was nothing to what was going on behind the scenes. A complete leadership breakdown and example of what we want to avoid in the future. That is Mourinho level dysfunction.

Yeah Seen it at my work when my previous weird incompetent manager got sacked and everyone turned at him. It’s soul destroying to work in environment like this and we saw that on the pitch
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Sims » Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:14 pm

Wrote a nice farewell on Arsenal dot com

Wish him the best in his future endeavours, I can’t imagine him leaving Spain ever again to coach
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Ach » Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:16 pm

Successful in France. Reckon he'll be in a top job sooner rather than later.

Good luck to him
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Ach » Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:18 pm

The following is a message from Unai Emery:

It has been an honour to be the Arsenal head coach.

To all the fans, I want to thank you all from the bottom of my heart for helping me to understand and feel the greatness of Arsenal. To all of you who have supported us from every corner of the globe, all of you who have come to the Emirates, all of you who have waited in the rain and cold just to greet me after a game. I want to tell all of you that I have worked with passion, with commitment and with effort.

I would have liked nothing more than to have achieved better results for you.

I also want to send a message of gratitude to all Arsenal employees for the way they have treated me. The greatness of Arsenal is in every director, executive, employee, assistant and volunteer.

In particular, I want to highlight Ivan Gazidis, who welcomed me to the club, and Raul Sanllehi, Edu and Vinai Venkatesham for their respect, companionship and help. Until the very last minute I have been treated with honour and honesty. And of course, I send my sincere gratitude to the Kroenke family, for their trust.

It has been a year and a half full of emotions, of great moments and some other more bitter ones, but not a single day has gone by without me stopping to think about how lucky I have been to work for this club with these players and their professional and personal qualities.

They have always honoured the shirt they wear. They deserve your support.

I had already experienced a lot in football, but I have enjoyed and learned a lot in England, in the Premier League, about respect for professionals and about the purity of football.

My best wishes always.

COYG

Emotional. Thank you Unai.
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

PreviousNext

Return to Domestic Football