Unai Emery

All UK football including, Scottish/Irish/Welsh Leagues and Cups. Also, domestic transfer gossip and news.

Is Unai Emery the right man to take Arsenal forward?

Poll ended at Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:36 pm

Yes
27%
No
33%
Unsure
24%
Doesn't matter as long as Kroenke is in charge
15%

Total votes : 66

Re: Unai Emery, Arsenal Head Coach

Postby Sims » Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:12 pm

Even as an Emery sceptic I’m still okay with the season thus far

I’m not negative about the Liverpool performance, I think David Luiz will turn out okay, I also realise that in some line-ups he had no choice

But Spurs on the weekend is the true test. There’s no reason for Pepe, Laca, Auba & torreira not to start - and in a couple of months time we’ll be having Tierney & Hector on the flanks

I’m calm, Spurs are shit, United are shit and Chelsea are shit - 3rd should be achievable, anything less than 4th is failure
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Zanatos3 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:32 pm

Goonerz wrote:
Callum wrote:
Goonerz wrote:Emery is starting to p!ss me off.
Too pragmatic.
I expected us to go for it. Play Laca, Auba, Pepe, Ceballos in the middle and Play Torreira too.
I am expected us to go all out and test ourselves against a very good Liverpool team.

And we would have lost 6-0.

So what is the point of football anyway?
How are we going to be able to test ourselves if all we do is have this loser mentality of (better lose 3-1 than 6-0). I just hate the after-feeling of “What would’ve been?”.

So you are trying to tell me that we basically went into this Liverpool game with that mentality of “Let’s not lose 6-0. Let’s just keep the score down and then pat ourselves on the back for losing 3-1 and not 5-0??”

Man, that is depressing. What is the point of buying and having £50 million, £60 million and £70 million rated attacking players when we are just happy with Watford kind of mentality?

When should we expect to play to our strengths?, against the likes of Burnley or against the likes of Liverpool?

We are so bad at defending, even if we go 6 at the back we still struggle or lose. I say lets play to our strengths like the likes of City, Liverpool, Spuds do. The problem I see with this “over respecting our opponents” is that our mentality will suffer in the long run as the players will feel like we are not good enough. The opposition will keep feeling emboldened looking at the way we play like scared cowards.

I have so many question. I just don’t like going into each and every big game frustrated by our boring tactics that hardly ever work anyway then come out thinking “May be we should have gone for it”..

@ the Goonerz 1st comment

3rd Game of the Season...

3RD GAME OF THE 38 EPL game Season

& you wanted to See ALL OUR GUNS BLAZING.... Honestly I did too!!!

Auba, Laca, Pepe
Torreira + [NOT CACA]
Sokratis Luiz etc....

I would have Loved to see this...with Bellerin & Kerian FIT..

But on the 3rd Game in a 38 game EPL Season, where OUR ONLY TARGET...is to Seriously try to make that TOP4

It Makes NO SENSE PLAYING ALL OUR ACES...fit & not 100% Fit, against the BEST IN THE WORLD, UCL Winners Liverpool!

If we Started Torreira...could have lost him for a Good Chunk of the season.
[XHAKA is 100% Expendable...when Torre is Fit Xhaka will guard Ozil on the Bench!]

If we Started Laca...could have lost him for a Good Chunk of the season.
[Laca is Not Expendable, & neither He nor Auba has DEFEATED Van Dyke so giving the now fit lad Pepe a chance was Proven worth it & JUSTIFIED!]

If we Started the 3 up top & Torreira ..... I wanted to see that...Honestly...I wanted to see that. :pray:

Emery though we would be TOO EXPOSED...& I don't know IF Torreira & Laca are 100...he does

Reguardless....Emery is Learning from his Mistakes of last season!
PROB: Playing Cap Kos while not 100% Recovered from his injury because even UNFIT CAP KOS ....is MILES BETTER...THAN SKODRAN...MUSTAFI
SOLVED: MUSTAFI Show the Door with EXTREME PREDUDICE!!! Not even given 1 GAME in the Prem!! Publicly SHAMED ! SHAME ! SHAME!

PROB: Player Not 100% FIT...[CAP KOS]...but Player played & Injury Exacerbated, Not given Proper Time to Heal, Plays through Pain whole season..Player Goes on Strike!
SOLVED: ANY PLAYER NOT 100% FIT -Emery-...GYM-SUB10min.....SUB30mins....maybe Halftime sub45mins....THEN.... START..& go from there!

He's Used this tactic with LACA, PEPE & TORREIRA to 1) To protect them from a re-occurrence of Injury!
2) Protect the TEAM & Squad from Missing these guys for more than HALF of this season!
3) Were already got 3 young INJURED AF Defenders 'Coming Back' in OCTOBER...already missing
1/3 or the 38 games....we can't afford to LOSE anybody else.
4) Players 100% FIT...THEY WILL PLAY...AVOID INJURY...& ZERO STRIKES!

I'll continue to try to defend the manager while he's our coach!
I'll continue to look for the positives, becuase they are There & we are moving Foward..a bit, I like most what he's doing...
I have NO DEFENSE for his use of Xhaka..I only HOPE it's until Torreira is 100%FIT.

If Torreira is 100% FIT & he still plays Xhaka in the next 10 games..I dont see us going anywhere & Emery will have to LEAVE after missing TOP4 AGAIN
Zanatos3
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby swipe right » Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:32 pm

He’s been found out already. Wishful thinking isn’t going to change anything.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Ach » Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:56 pm

swipe right wrote:He’s been found out already. Wishful thinking isn’t going to change anything.

Best start in a decade. It must really hurt you
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby gooney » Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:58 pm

Ach wrote:
swipe right wrote:He’s been found out already. Wishful thinking isn’t going to change anything.

Lool its 3 games and 2 wins against two poor teams and one outclassing vs top team. Yeah he has proven everyone wrong. This weekend will say a lot. He shoukd have been sacked for his disgraceful performance vs leicester end of last season imo. That was singke handed the worst performance of an arsenal manager i can remember
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Losmeister » Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:17 pm

ahh, the mentality wonks are at it...

magical thinking at its worst.. ffs
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Zedie » Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:31 pm

gooney wrote:
Ach wrote:

Lool its 3 games and 2 wins against two poor teams and one outclassing vs top team. Yeah he has proven everyone wrong. This weekend will say a lot. He shoukd have been sacked for his disgraceful performance vs leicester end of last season imo. That was singke handed the worst performance of an arsenal manager i can remember

Wenger couldn't win our first two games for 9 years prior.

6-0 v Chelsea
8-2 v man u

Do I need to go on?

We are third in game week 3 having gotten liverpool away off the calendar.

We are in absolute turmoil :rofll:
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby StLGooner » Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:40 pm

gooney wrote:
Ach wrote:

Naw, you at least have to give him a couple seasons gooney. It would be counter productive a bit to change your manager every time you didn't agree with their tactics.

I'm not a fan of him yet, but we gotta give him his time. He has the players for the most part now, I'm sure there will still be excuses from some if he doesn't deliver this season, but we at least have to give him the chance. But it isn't looking good, he looks to be more stubborn than Wenger at the moment.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby gooney » Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:42 pm

Zedie wrote:
gooney wrote:
Ach wrote:

6-0 v Chelsea
8-2 v man u

Do I need to go on?

Wenger never went to a midtable team like leicester and tell his players defend for your life and concede 73% possession first half and have minor team complete 3 times more passes. That was beyond embarrassing. Thats small time i never seen at arsenal
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Ach » Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:44 pm

Zedie wrote:
gooney wrote:
Ach wrote:

6-0 v Chelsea
8-2 v man u

Do I need to go on?

It's embarrassing
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby BS221B » Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:48 pm

I love it when gooney defending Big Weng.
BS221B
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby gooney » Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:03 pm

BS221B wrote:I love it when gooney defending Big Weng.

I wanted weng out before most. But im not gonna use wengers worst time as measurement for new manager. Atleast im consistent. I asked 8 games to go if he fails getting top 4 some ould he be sacked. Most said yes....when he did the excuses came. In fact im gonna make a thread should he be sacked if he fails to get top 4. I bet people will make excuses when he fails. He is hindering this team from using its attacking power with his negative tactics
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby starmandb » Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:46 pm

gooney wrote:
Zedie wrote:
gooney wrote:
Ach wrote:

6-0 v Chelsea
8-2 v man u

Do I need to go on?

Wenger never went to a midtable team like leicester and tell his players defend for your life and concede 73% possession first half and have minor team complete 3 times more passes. That was beyond embarrassing. Thats small time i never seen at arsenal

97/98
Derby 9th(a) l 3-0
00/01
Middlesbrough 14th (h) l 3-0
08/09
Man city 10th (a) l 3-0
16/17
Crystal palace14th (a) l 3-0
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby Dejan » Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:01 pm

Rekt

See u next week gooney

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby starmandb » Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:04 pm

gooney wrote:
BS221B wrote:I love it when gooney defending Big Weng.

I wanted weng out before most. But im not gonna use wengers worst time as measurement for new manager. Atleast im consistent. I asked 8 games to go if he fails getting top 4 some ould he be sacked. Most said yes....when he did the excuses came. In fact im gonna make a thread should he be sacked if he fails to get top 4. I bet people will make excuses when he fails. He is hindering this team from using its attacking power with his negative tactics

Couldn't find you asking should Emery be sacked with 8 games to go
Only about how we should avoid Napoli in a Europa league quarter final and how we would lose at Watford in your usual likeness to a ray of sunshine fashion
Life as a troll
Such ambition
starmandb

PreviousNext

Return to Domestic Football