Konstantinos Mavropanos

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: Konstantinos Mavropanos (on loan - VfB Stuttgart)

Postby KG3 » Mon May 16, 2022 9:54 am

Better centre back than Holding/Mari and we are letting him go for peanuts.

Give it one more season and Bayern will buy him for peanuts also, leaving us to look stupid like the entire Gnabry situation
KG3
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Santi » Mon May 16, 2022 10:05 am

People crying about this again? The 3m euros fee was reported when we loaned him out, it's done and unless the player wants to come back here instead then let it go.

Bayern probably already have an agreement with Stuttgart like they did with Bremen for Gnabry.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Salibatelli » Mon May 16, 2022 10:07 am

Santi wrote:People crying about this again? The 3m euros fee was reported when we loaned him out, it's done and unless the player wants to come back here instead then let it go.

Bayern probably already have an agreement with Stuttgart like they did with Bremen for Gnabry.

I’d question why we’re agreeing such low fees, we could have set something higher and then negotiated down if it did work so well.

What’s the point for 3 million though, this is a bit but of course worse than Guendouzi.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Ach » Mon May 16, 2022 10:10 am

Chelsea, Liverpool getting big money for their loan/shit players

We never learn
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Santi » Mon May 16, 2022 10:13 am

Salibatelli wrote:
Santi wrote:People crying about this again? The 3m euros fee was reported when we loaned him out, it's done and unless the player wants to come back here instead then let it go.

I’d question why we’re agreeing such low fees, we could have set something higher and then negotiated down if it did work so well.

What’s the point for 3 million though, this is a bit but of course worse than Guendouzi.

No idea, our negotiation tactics have been wank for over 15 years. Henry, Cesc, Vieira all went way cheaper than they should have...we're just not good at getting top dollar. We got lucky a couple of times when City were throwing money around but aside from that, always dogshit.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Goonerred » Mon May 16, 2022 10:17 am

Stands to reason, if you sell players for too low a price, you don't have the money for the top signings, that's why it's important and up for discussion.
Goonerred
Predictions League 2021-22 Winner, Member of the Year 2022

Postby swipe right » Mon May 16, 2022 10:34 am

Badly managed as usual. You don’t loan out talented young players so close to their deals expiring. Guendozi and Saliba will also go for less value than they are worth. And guys like Eddie will walk for free. These clowns are pissing away money with their inexperience.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Santi » Mon May 16, 2022 10:34 am

Goonerred wrote:Stands to reason, if you sell players for too low a price, you don't have the money for the top signings, that's why it's important and up for discussion.

But the discussion was already had 8 months ago was the point, this isn't new information and isn't going to make a difference all of a sudden.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Goonerred » Mon May 16, 2022 10:41 am

Santi wrote:
Goonerred wrote:Stands to reason, if you sell players for too low a price, you don't have the money for the top signings, that's why it's important and up for discussion.

But the discussion was already had 8 months ago was the point, this isn't new information and isn't going to make a difference all of a sudden.

None of what we say will make any difference, but it's just a general thing that we buy high and sell low.
Goonerred

Postby jayramfootball » Mon May 16, 2022 11:31 am

He’s under contract to us until at least 2024 I think. Signed a new deal in the summer of 2020 prior to going on loan.
The fee is too low IMO but sounds like it was agreed prior to the loan.
We should have performance and appearance clauses in place for these obligation to buy loan deals. Otherwise we just hand asset value to another club if the player does well on loan.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby theHotHead » Mon May 16, 2022 11:36 am

Reiss wrote:I see Arteta's getting the blame even though Edu is the one negotiating :doh:

And there you have it ladies and gentlemen, proof if ever you needed it !!!

Not a single person has blamed Arteta but here Reiss is defending Arteta :rofll:

The defence rests its case m'lud,
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Mon May 16, 2022 11:45 am

Reiss wrote:Someone's not had their pills again....

swipe right wrote:Badly managed as usual. You don’t loan out talented young players so close to their deals expiring. Guendozi and Saliba will also go for less value than they are worth. And guys like Eddie will walk for free. These clowns are pissing away money with their inexperience.

Making HH look like an arse is easy work.

Really, tell me where Arteta's name or position (so inference) is called .......

I won't hold my breath .....

Everyone above Arteta is inexperienced .... so dig your way out of this :lol:
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Mon May 16, 2022 12:06 pm

No, he didn't say "he's been badly managed", he said "badly managed". He could easily have been talking about the situation itself as opposed to the player and in that case it could relate to anyone up the tree, you don't know. But because you have a hard on for Arteta you get triggered for anything - as I have just proved for anyone that may have been in any doubt.

And you think you are winning LOOOOL, making you look silly is easy, I don't even have to try.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Mon May 16, 2022 12:13 pm

You and Jay really do need to learn to admit when you are wrong. You can run off your mouth all you want, the people can see I made you look like the chump you are.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Mon May 16, 2022 1:57 pm

theHotHead wrote:You and Jay really do need to learn to admit when you are wrong. You can run off your mouth all you want, the people can see I made you look like the chump you are.

TBH looks like Swipe was blaming Arteta.
:dontknow:
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

PreviousNext

Return to World Football