Konstantinos Mavropanos

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: Konstantinos Mavropanos (on loan - VfB Stuttgart)

Postby swipe right » Mon May 16, 2022 2:03 pm

I don’t know if it’s the manager who is to blame or someone else. I couldn’t care. What I care about is that the players who have developed best are the ones that went on loan. They were sent on loan not ostensibly to get game time but because the manager didn’t think they were good enough. That has been proven wrong. Saliba and Guendouzi are in the French Nt which is no mean feat and Mavro is being coveted by clubs like Bayern. Because they were treated dismissively we will get very little money for them. Meanwhile we had to pay fcking small time Brighton a kings ransom for a defender nobody else was in for.
You can keep defending the club but the facts don’t lie.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby theHotHead » Mon May 16, 2022 3:09 pm

Straight from the horses mouth.

But please, continue with your argument LOOOOL
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Mon May 16, 2022 3:18 pm

swipe right wrote:I don’t know if it’s the manager who is to blame or someone else. I couldn’t care. What I care about is that the players who have developed best are the ones that went on loan. They were sent on loan not ostensibly to get game time but because the manager didn’t think they were good enough. That has been proven wrong. Saliba and Guendouzi are in the French Nt which is no mean feat and Mavro is being coveted by clubs like Bayern. Because they were treated dismissively we will get very little money for them. Meanwhile we had to pay fcking small time Brighton a kings ransom for a defender nobody else was in for.
You can keep defending the club but the facts don’t lie.

Mavro was very young when he was signed by Wenger, and was injured for most of Emery's 18/19 season. Once Raul replaced Sven as transfer chief, he didn't have anyone to put a word in the manager's ear about selecting him.

He had to go on loan for the sake of his own career, and seems to be in a good place now. I don't think we failed with him, certainly not to the level we did w/ Guendouzi and possibly Saliba.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Arsenal Tone » Mon May 16, 2022 3:52 pm

This is a bigger cock up than Saliba imo
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby StockGooner » Mon May 16, 2022 4:22 pm

Reiss wrote:He's literally just admitted it could be the manager. I win again :rofll:

Could being the imperative word, so neither of you win

People on here care so much about winning an argument

For what it's worth I think the club screwed this up royally, but I don't think Arteta would have had anything to do with setting a £2.5m price, so no blame on his part. Edu is to blame for this one, much as I think he is with Guendouzi and setting a £9m price tag.

Have no issue with eithe rplayer being loaned out by Arteta. i have an issue for the prices we have got
StockGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby jayramfootball » Mon May 16, 2022 4:43 pm

StockGooner wrote:
Reiss wrote:He's literally just admitted it could be the manager. I win again :rofll:

Could being the imperative word, so neither of you win

People on here care so much about winning an argument

For what it's worth I think the club screwed this up royally, but I don't think Arteta would have had anything to do with setting a £2.5m price, so no blame on his part. Edu is to blame for this one, much as I think he is with Guendouzi and setting a £9m price tag.

Have no issue with eithe rplayer being loaned out by Arteta. i have an issue for the prices we have got

Just think we need to be a bit more clever with the structure of loan deals.
Could easily write in a price scale based on appearances
Harder with performances as they are subjective, but even then we could have added something like additional cost for an international call up etc.

It doesn't sit well that as soon as the deal is done, the buying club are going to bank about £10m in asset value immediatel .
it's like buying a £1m house for £200k after living in it paying rent for a year.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby swipe right » Mon May 16, 2022 5:02 pm

When the club chooses to ruin the reputation of a player by openly claiming they are a bad influence, or need a transition, or are not up to PL standard, they diminish the players value. It should come as no surprise then that competitors buy them on the cheap.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby jayramfootball » Mon May 16, 2022 5:13 pm

swipe right wrote:When the club chooses to ruin the reputation of a player by openly claiming they are a bad influence, or need a transition, or are not up to PL standard, they diminish the players value. It should come as no surprise then that competitors buy them on the cheap.

Nobody said that about Mavrapanos.
Are you talking about the POS Guendouzi? I'd be happy if we were paying to get rid of him.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby theHotHead » Mon May 16, 2022 6:20 pm

"Could be" - is not blaming - blaming is ... "it is the manager"

Where the f**k did you go to school :rofll:

giphy.gif

giphy-2.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Mon May 16, 2022 6:26 pm

The reason we keep getting screwed on deals is because we sabotage them from within. We drive the player's value down instead of showing the positive value of the player. We don't keep our business to ourselves and so other clubs can see there is friction or an issue and so can lowball us.

Its like none of our people went to How To Negotiate 101, and they totally skipped How To Keep Value Of Your Assets 101.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Mon May 16, 2022 7:19 pm

theHotHead wrote:The reason we keep getting screwed on deals is because we sabotage them from within. We drive the player's value down instead of showing the positive value of the player. We don't keep our business to ourselves and so other clubs can see there is friction or an issue and so can lowball us.

Its like none of our people went to How To Negotiate 101, and they totally skipped How To Keep Value Of Your Assets 101.

Yep. Other clubs don't kill players' value the way we do. We have shit-talked several players in recent years and lost them for below market value.

Barca got £20m for Coutinho (not wanted, on high wages) while we paid £8m to lose Auba.

Has there ever been another transfer window where we lost money despite not bringing anyone in?
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Arsenal Tone » Mon May 16, 2022 9:14 pm

I think sending Saliba out on loan was the right decision, but this guy should have been given a chance over Mari and Holding.
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby alexafc12 » Mon May 16, 2022 9:18 pm

Whether you're for or against Arteta you can't deny he's very egotistical.

I really do feel that he got rid of certain players purely because they were bought by Emery. I think it was his way of making a statement.

Selling a £15m defender for £3m. I said at the start it was an outrageous deal to make.
alexafc12
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby theHotHead » Mon May 16, 2022 9:19 pm

Reiss wrote:
theHotHead wrote:

"Could be" - is not blaming - blaming is ... "it is the manager"

Where the f**k did you go to school :rofll:

giphy.gif

giphy-2.gif

Others agree with me which proves you're the lemon! :rofll:

Nobody agrees with you butthead!
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Salibatelli » Thu May 19, 2022 5:34 pm

Officially left the club, good luck to him never really got a chance.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

PreviousNext

Return to World Football