Raúl Sanllehí

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World football chat.

Re: Raúl Sanllehí and Arsenal part ways

Postby Tony Adams » Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:02 pm

More like the graham days tbf
Aubameyang-Lacazette-Martinelli
Tierney-Saka-Partey-Bellerin
Mari-Gabriel-Saliba
Leno
Tony Adams
SE13
SE13

Postby Angelito » Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:16 pm

Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Ach » Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:29 pm

Bring him back ffs
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Power n Glory » Wed Aug 19, 2020 7:30 am

Still unsure what Raul would have done. Francis Cagigao was our international scout and found players like Saliba and Martinelli. In terms of negotioans, Huss Fahmy is supposed to be the man. Also, in terms of the latest sightings we've been linked to this summer, where does Edu come into the picture?
Power n Glory
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby thevisualiser » Wed Aug 19, 2020 7:56 am

Power n Glory wrote:Still unsure what Raul would have done. Francis Cagigao was our international scout and found players like Saliba and Martinelli. In terms of negotioans, Huss Fahmy is supposed to be the man. Also, in terms of the latest sightings we've been linked to this summer, where does Edu come into the picture?

I don't really put much emphasis on the importance of scouts these days. The game is essentially an analytics based sport now and an extremely international one now.

A player like Saliba is one of the hottest young CB prospects in a league famed for being a breeding ground for talent right now. I can't get behind the idea that Cagigao should be credited for unearthing Saliba when it's clear as day virtually every big club in Europe would have been aware of him. I mean even Martinelli - the kid had trials at United before he joined Arsenal.

That's not to say that Cagigao is useless, I just don't think he's responsible for 'finding' players who are clearly on the radar of pretty much every big analytic based company and major club in Europe anyway.

The Martinelli story is one that is very romantic because he was playing in lower division Brazilian football. But he actually came up through the ranks of one of the biggest clubs in Brazil and had actually trained with the Brazilian national team a few months before he joined Arsenal. So he was clearly a player with a bright future and I'd be willing to bet Edu's position as former technical director of the Selecao was way more important a role than Cagigao.

I also realise that I'm not really addressing what you've written and just gone off on a tangent myself, but I couldn't help myself
thevisualiser
Patrick Vieira

Postby alexafc12 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:59 pm

Good video.

Big Tim, Stan's right hand man, is undertaking a full review of the club and heads are rolling.

alexafc12
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby alexafc12 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:09 pm

alexafc12 wrote:Good video.

Big Tim, Stan's right hand man, is undertaking a full review of the club and heads are rolling.

Ornstein chips in. Big Tim rocking the boat

alexafc12
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Angelito » Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:34 pm

Controversial opinion:

Ornstein is no longer tier 1 when it comes to Arernal. His main intel at Arsenal was Gazidis. Since he's left, Ornstein has become to Arsenal what Jeremy Wilson was when Wenger was here.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby alexafc12 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 7:06 pm

You could be right - although I put his reduced lack of Arsenal transfer insight / activity down to him joining the Athletic. Not sure
alexafc12
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Sims » Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:06 pm

Ornstein is confirmation only level but obvs now he’s at the Athletic his remit is every big team in the prem, not solely a source for Arsenal anymore
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Re: Raúl Sanllehí

Postby alexafc12 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:10 pm

Bring back the Don ASAP.
alexafc12
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Previous

Return to World Football