Raúl Sanllehí

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: Raúl Sanllehí and Arsenal part ways

Postby Zenith » Sat Aug 15, 2020 11:47 am

Tony Adams wrote:What does this mean for transfer negotiations?

The statement on Arsenal.com reads that Vinai will take over Raúl's tasks.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby Phil71 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 11:50 am

Classic management move to get him to do the redundancies before he f***ked off.

That nasty man has gone now.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby ESR10 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 11:51 am

Zenith wrote:
Tony Adams wrote:What does this mean for transfer negotiations?

The statement on Arsenal.com reads that Vinai will take over Raúl's tasks.

I don't see a shrewd negotiatior in Vinai tbh
ESR10
Predictions League 2018-19 Winner
Predictions League 2018-19 Winner

Postby Zenith » Sat Aug 15, 2020 11:51 am

This was less than one year ago -

Aged like unpasteurised milk on a sunny beach.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:00 pm

Raul going back to barca?
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Dejan » Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:03 pm

Wait what. What happend

What was wrong with the pepe deal

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Phil71 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:04 pm

Rayyo wrote:this is the man running arsenal football club now. im worried.

Why?
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:06 pm

Dejan wrote:Wait what. What happend

What was wrong with the pepe deal

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk
Coincidece?
Raya/Ramsdale
???/Jorginho
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Re: Raúl Sanllehí, Head of Football

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:19 pm

thevisualiser wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
thevisualiser wrote:This is really big news. Scouting department cut drastically and then an abrupt removal of the guy we thought would be heading our transfer negotiations this summer.

I figure now that there were some serious irregularities with the Pepe deal and he’s falling on the sword for it (as he should).

Seems like Kroenke wants a bit more insight into what’s going on at the club and rightly so. Last summer the purse strings were loosened to allow a significant amount of money to go so it only seems right they want to account for that in light of a dreadful season.

Sanllehi deserves to lose his job. Hiring Emery was criminal, but wanting to extend his contract after the debacle in Baku says everything about him.

I do rate last summers window very highly but this seems like the right decision.

Last season the club buckled to fan pressure and wasted a LOT of money on transfers.

Kroenke is probably furious that we've consistently spent more than Liverpool NET (which is the actual cost to him) and then looks at the comparative state of the two playing squads.

It makes sense to me that the scouting network and those repsonsible for spending so much money with little to no return are getting targeted for change.

I don’t see that we wasted a lot last summer. The fee for Pepe was way above what we should have paid but in a market where Palace wanted £80m for Zaha, the £72m we paid for Pepe seemed to be just us partaking in the upward trend in transfer fees and accepting if we wanted an exciting player like Pepe we had to pay the asking price.

Obviously in hindsight it hasn’t quite worked out as we would have hoped but there’s a very talented player their and I figure that next season we’ll see more of the talent that we expected.

But the Tierney and Saliba fees were very fair. Luiz was a direct result of Kos forcing our hand (and even then, we didn’t pay over the odds for him).

I think the only real question mark for last summer is Pepe at £72m and Southampton being paid a handsome loan fee for a player who had 6 months left on his deal anyway.

It's the 72m.
We needed a big healdine signing to appease the fans.
It got so bad, we even had josh Kroenke making a statement to promise the fans.

When we signed him, Pepe was worth 20m tops. He'd shown potential but never achieved anything at a high level in his entire career to that point.

As it turns out - whilst i really didn;t like his performances for most of the season, he has shown some flashes recently that he might be good for us, so no problem with the player as it stands, but 20m would have been about right.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Jedi » Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:48 pm

The fact that Raul has been sacked for his transfer dealings and that the guy that conducted the investigation was just given a full-time role at the club gives me hope that the Kia situation isn't as bad as we thought.

And on the off chance that it is, i expect Edu will be next on the chopping block and very quickly.
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Salibatelli » Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:52 pm

Although we signed him for 72 million, we only paid a fraction of that, the fee has been spread over a number of years, some of it is part of this years transfer money, some next year and so on, The 30 million for Saliba is part of this years transfers too so this claim that we spent big last summer is wrong, 50 million of that or so is from this summer (probably explains why we have no money to spend as well).

As for Pepe. 72 million was too much, Lille we’re happy to sell him for that as they didn’t think we was worth that, the amount we offered also put other clubs off making an offer as they thought it was too much too.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:53 pm

Jedi wrote:The fact that Raul has been sacked for his transfer dealings and that the guy that conducted the investigation was just given a full-time role at the club gives me hope that the Kia situation isn't as bad as we thought.

And on the off chance that it is, i expect Edu will be next on the chopping block and very quickly.

Or it could be that a season of 'Game of Thrones' is happening at Arsenal in the middle of a transfer window and we're in the process of ****ing things up royally. I don't want any of these clowns at the club. Bring back David Dein.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Santi » Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:07 pm

Really not sure how I feel abut this, part of me thinks the guy was a dick driving us down a bad path with Kia but I'd also started to make peace with the deals for Luiz, Willian etc. as adding experience to the other signings they wanted to make. Very surprised by the news though and wondering if something dodgy has gone on to spark such a quick change.

We could've at least waited til we got Coutinho ffs.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Jedi » Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:09 pm

Santi wrote:Really not sure how I feel abut this, part of me thinks the guy was a dick driving us down a bad path with Kia but I'd also started to make peace with the deals for Luiz, Willian etc. as adding experience to the other signings they wanted to make. Very surprised by the news though and wondering if something dodgy has gone on to spark such a quick change.

We could've at least waited til we got Coutinho ffs.

Edu is still here and he is BFF with Kia. Don't worry, Kia is going nowhere.
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:18 pm

I wonder if after barca's defeat they called up raul and he's heading back there.
Raya/Ramsdale
???/Jorginho
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to World Football