2017/18 UEFA Champions League

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Who will win the UCL?

Poll ended at Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:03 pm

Atletico Madrid
No votes
Barcelona
4%
Bayern Munich
8%
Borussia Dortmund
4%
Chelsea
No votes
Juventus
8%
Manchester City
8%
Manchester United
No votes
Paris Saint-Germain
20%
Real Madrid
48%
Other
No votes

Total votes : 25

Re: Champions League 2017-18

Postby Ach » Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:14 pm

No one wants to see 2 of the most c***ish teams ever in the final probably.

AFC10 isn't the brightest of chaps but even he knows a Real win is a win for football.

Ideally neither Barca or city get to the final but uefa want both. One will definitely get through. We must pray and hope for football sake they don't win
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby generalanal » Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:26 pm

We are all Barcelona fans. No one wants to see tap in Ronaldo with madrid
generalanal
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby StLGooner » Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:33 pm

Ach wrote:No one wants to see 2 of the most c*** teams ever in the final probably.

AFC10 isn't the brightest of chaps but even he knows a Real win is a win for football.

Ideally neither Barca or city get to the final but uefa want both. One will definitely get through. We must pray and hope for football sake they don't win

So you think it's good for football if the team that won it last year and most out of anyone ever wins it again? What kind of thinking is that? You're just going to slow Ronaldo down by hanging from his nut sack so much.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Marsbar100 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:37 pm

Would be nice to see roma or liverpool win as they're underdogs, juve would be the other alternative as you can't not admire buffon and cheillini, make the best team win though couldn't care that much
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner

Postby Ach » Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:50 pm

StLGooner wrote:
Ach wrote:No one wants to see 2 of the most c*** teams ever in the final probably.

So you think it's good for football if the team that won it last year and most out of anyone ever wins it again? What kind of thinking is that? You're just going to slow Ronaldo down by hanging from his nut sack so much.

Either them or Juve. Don't mind either. Just like I didn't mind who won the final last year. Can't be hanging from Ronaldo nut sack so much if I didn't care who won last years final. Funny how I'm accused of that but nothing said about Messi butt boys here yet when I respond, I'm the one trolling lol. Got to love gw.

Anyway Real have done it the right way. No easy draws, no corruption. No money from outside sources. Can the same be said of City and Barca? That's why all true football fans want a real win or anyone else bar city or Barca.
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby StLGooner » Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:12 pm

Ach wrote:
StLGooner wrote:

Either them or Juve. Don't mind either. Just like I didn't mind who won the final last year. Can't be hanging from Ronaldo nut sack so much if I didn't care who won last years final. Funny how I'm accused of that but nothing said about Messi butt boys here yet when I respond, I'm the one trolling lol. Got to love gw.

Anyway Real have done it the right way. No easy draws, no corruption. No money from outside sources. Can the same be said of City and Barca? That's why all true football fans want a real win or anyone else bar city or Barca.

Ah the old I hate Messi and love Ronaldo discussion or vice versa. It's like petulant children fighting over what is better Xbox or PS4. Can't we just enjoy the greatness that both have and not have to argue like kids over it? :rofll:
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Ach » Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:50 pm

Didn't mention either in my original post you replied to with the childish nut sack comment.

You did.

Ive said it many a time that the debate is over and has been for a while. I don't need to get involved anymore. I leave that to the people with limited knowledge and think Messis better and try to coinvince themselves more than others. Good luck to them.

Anyway to cut a long story short, I hate City and Barca, I imagine most people do cos of what they represent. Hence I don't want them winning the biggest trophy in club football
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby generalanal » Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:15 pm

Lmao do still people exist who think Ronaldo is better???? :rofll:. The debate is over since many many years
generalanal
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Dejan » Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:52 pm

Wouldnt rule out liverpool beating city imo

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Angelito » Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:59 pm

Dejan wrote:Wouldnt rule out liverpool beating city imo

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk

I wouldn't either.

Liverpool have done it before. They have a knack of over-performing in the CL.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Jedi » Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:20 pm

I just want an PL team in the final, honestly. I want UK supremacy in CL again. Whichever side goes to the Semis, please don't f**k it up.
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Ach » Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:15 pm

Jedieurokrem wrote:I just want an PL team in the final, honestly. I want UK supremacy in CL again. Whichever side goes to the Semis, please don't f**k it up.

Not sure if serious
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Jedi » Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:11 pm

Ach wrote:
Jedieurokrem wrote:I just want an PL team in the final, honestly. I want UK supremacy in CL again. Whichever side goes to the Semis, please don't f**k it up.

Not sure if serious

I am. I like the PL. I don't mind Man City or Liverpool. I'd rather the a PL team take it than Barcelona which i hate.
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Schlandi » Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:05 am

Hoped that Heynckes would get the chance to school Guardiola a lesson but well if Klopp knocks City out I'm fine with it too.

#GoonersWorldExcuses
- Their goalkeerper had the game of his life
- We should have had 10+ penalties .. shit ref
- If long term injured player xyz would have been available we would have won easily
Schlandi
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Losmeister » Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:48 am

i just want fine football, with goals and quality, not diving , shite refs , howler Gkers f***ing it up and such...
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

PreviousNext

Return to World Football