2017/18 UEFA Europa League

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: Europa League 17/18

Postby Ach » Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:25 pm

CSKA 2-1 up

Lead on away goals.

The final is in Lyon so they won't want to be going out
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Zenith » Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:59 pm

Dortmund are out.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:04 pm

Zenith wrote:Dortmund are out.

Just about to post that.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:18 pm

If not for Atletico, we would actually have a real shot at the trophy this year. I would say that Marseille on current form could also beat us, but I am hoping we manage to avoid Atletico at all costs.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:54 pm

aniym wrote:If not for Atletico, we would actually have a real shot at the trophy this year.

So your hopeful then?

Look apart from Costa and Greizemann we can match them and if Lacazette, Ozil, Mjitarayan and Wils / Ramsey play a blinder we can beat them.

Your making out like we're gonna get smashed, the only way we'd be in serious trouble is if the CB's lose control of Costa but Kos has played against Costa many times and did well against him a few times I'm sure.

He is the one player I'm worried about though.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Gunpowder » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:07 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
aniym wrote:If not for Atletico, we would actually have a real shot at the trophy this year.

So your hopeful then?

Look apart from Costa and Greizemann we can match them and if Lacazette, Ozil, Mjitarayan and Wils / Ramsey play a blinder we can beat them.

Your making out like we're gonna get smashed, the only way we'd be in serious trouble is if the CB's lose control of Costa but Kos has played against Costa many times and did well against him a few times I'm sure.

Yeah no. Saul and Koke are better than Wilshere and Ramsey, Gimenez who is their 3rd CB would start for us. Oblak is at least a top 5 keeper. Only thing they don't have is depth, we could use another poor run from Barcelona.
Gunpowder
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Ach » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:12 pm

Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Ach » Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:27 am

Lyon defending, horrific
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:24 am

DiamondGooner wrote:

So your hopeful then?

I am hopeful of getting to at least the final before facing Atletico. Last season we had a great run in the FA Cup against tough oppo but we had Sanchez in WC form. In this tournament we unfortunately don't have PEA, so I don't know where the goals will come from. No way will we keep a clean sheet against Atletico, and their defense is very hard to break down.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby LMAO » Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:03 am

aniym wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

So your hopeful then?

I am hopeful of getting to at least the final before facing Atletico. Last season we had a great run in the FA Cup against tough oppo but we had Sanchez in WC form. In this tournament we unfortunately don't have PEA, so I don't know where the goals will come from. No way will we keep a clean sheet against Atletico, and their defense is very hard to break down.

This. Atletico will be at their most vulnerable in a final, where anything can happen. They're too strong for the EL over a two-legged tie and are clear favorites right now.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Losmeister » Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:34 pm

knowing nothing of the muscovites... do we envision making it through?
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Ach » Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:10 pm

Europa League draw

RB Leipzig v Marseille
Arsenal v CSKA Moscow
Atletico Madrid v Sporting Lisbon
Lazio v Red Bull Salzburg

We all Leipzig, Sporting and Salzburg fans?
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby DialSquaregooner » Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:52 am

Dat last Atletico goal was amazing, think it was the last?
DialSquaregooner
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby starmandb » Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:56 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:

So your hopeful then?

Costa 2 goals v koscielny in 360 mins
Hoping we play them in the final
Odds against him then
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby starmandb » Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:15 pm

aniym wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

So your hopeful then?

Preston. Southampton and Sutton United are no ac Milan
Sanchez didn't play at Preston where Ramsey scored
He came on at Southampton 25 mins to go with us 3-0( welbeck had scored 2 of them)
He came on at Sutton 16 mins to go with us 2-0 up
We have played Chelsea twice at Stamford bridge this season and kept a clean sheet
Athletico lost 2-1 to them at home and 1-1 at Stamford bridge
starmandb

PreviousNext

Return to World Football