Prinz Poldi

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Lukas Podolski

Postby AFC10 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:14 am

gooney wrote:You guys overrate him so much its funny. I would be surprised if he becomes a star in Seria A. Guy is not a big team player and is way too one dimensional. Inter fans expect a creative players who can beat players, they will be so disappointed

It's the Germans unfortunately. All i keep seeing is that Podolski hasn't had a fair chance yet he's been here for three years!?? :doh:
AFC10
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Schlandi » Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:57 am

Roberto Mancini has admitted Inter are interested in signing Arsenal forward Lukas Podolski.
"Podolski is a good player," the coach told Sport Mediaset.
"He is part of a list of players that we are following, so we will see what will come of it."

There are also rumours that Liverpool want him but they don't expect that Arsenal will allow him to move to a PL rival.

AFC10 wrote:
gooney wrote:You guys overrate him so much its funny. I would be surprised if he becomes a star in Seria A. Guy is not a big team player and is way too one dimensional. Inter fans expect a creative players who can beat players, they will be so disappointed

It's the Germans unfortunately. All i keep seeing is that Podolski hasn't had a fair chance yet he's been here for three years!?? :doh:

In which he had less minutes upfront as Sanogo and scored more goals as him plus had a better goal per minutes ratio as any other striker we used in this three years.

#GoonersWorldExcuses
- Their goalkeerper had the game of his life
- We should have had 10+ penalties .. shit ref
- If long term injured player xyz would have been available we would have won easily
Schlandi
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Schlandi » Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:05 pm

Wenger has not ruled out a loan switch for Yaya Sanogo, but he played down reports linking Lukas Podolski with a move to Inter Milan.

"He’s a player of Arsenal Football Club and I want him to stay," said the manager.

"Apart from that, what it is to be professional is that as long as you are somewhere, you give your best to justify your wages and your love for the club.

"I hope [that Podolski will stay]. [The] Inter Milan [reports] are not serious. They talk, it is only talk.

"Offensively we have many options [when everyone is fit], too many to keep everyone involved with the right number of games, that is for sure.

"I don’t really doubt [loan deals] in some positions where players need experience. That’s not the case for Podolski but players who need practice because they’re at a very young age like Sanogo, it is not impossible."

:( arsenal.com from today
#FreePodolski

#GoonersWorldExcuses
- If long term injured player xyz would have been available we would have won easily
Schlandi
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby gooney » Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:13 pm

Every time he has played like striker, he has looked out of his depth. He has zero movement and its clear he doesnt understand the position. Being good shooter doesnt make you a striker
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Schlandi » Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:17 pm

gooney wrote:Every time he has played like striker, he has looked out of his depth. He has zero movement and its clear he doesnt understand the position. Being good shooter doesnt make you a striker

He scored a header in his short stint as CF .. and made an assist with his head for Kos against Newcastle ..

#GoonersWorldExcuses
Schlandi
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby AFC10 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:21 pm

gooney wrote:Every time he has played like striker, he has looked out of his depth. He has zero movement and its clear he doesnt understand the position. Being good shooter doesnt make you a striker

The amount of your posts iv'e read lately and nodded at in agreement is becoming quite worrying :rofll:

Spot on again.
AFC10
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Angelito » Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:24 pm

I want Pod to stay of course, but it pains me to see him rot in the bench. He'll be a part of the FA Cup for sure if he stays.

But Wenger's just speaking nonsense to get maximum value. He might be off if Inter offer anywhere near £8m.

That's BS. And if you look at it critically, you'll know.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Propa_Nutcase » Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:25 pm

Podolski was given a chance up front and he blew it. To suggest putting him there again is ridiculous.

Propa_Nutcase
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby hamad138 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:28 pm

Propa_Nutcase wrote:Podolski was given a chance up front and he blew it. To suggest putting him there again is ridiculous.

He got his chance, nettet 2 in Galatasaray.

I dont want him gone, he scores goal unlinke chicken wellbeck
hamad138
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Propa_Nutcase » Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:29 pm

hamad138 wrote:
Propa_Nutcase wrote:Podolski was given a chance up front and he blew it. To suggest putting him there again is ridiculous.

He got his chance, nettet 2 in Galatasaray.

I dont want him gone, he scores goal unlinke chicken wellbeck

Did he play up top against Gala?

Propa_Nutcase
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby sweggeh » Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:38 pm

Funny how his terrible performances every single time he has played CF are swept under the rug, just to blame Wenger for not giving him a chance. Podolski had enough chances. I love the guy but he hasn't given enough to the team. He failed at Bayern at a time when they weren't even that good, and he is failing here. Matthaus is right, eventually he has to look at himself and not blame the manager for not giving him a chance.
sweggeh
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Schlandi » Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:39 pm

sweggeh wrote:

Funny how his terrible performances every single time he has played CF are swept under the rug, just to blame Wenger for not giving him a chance. Podolski had enough chances. I love the guy but he hasn't given enough to the team. He failed at Bayern at a time when they weren't even that good, and he is failing here. Matthaus is right, eventually he has to look at himself and not blame the manager for not giving him a chance.

LOL case closed you have no idea what you are talking about ..

#GoonersWorldExcuses
Schlandi
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby sweggeh » Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:42 pm

SchlandGooner wrote:
sweggeh wrote:

They weren't though.
sweggeh
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Propa_Nutcase » Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:43 pm

SchlandGooner wrote:
sweggeh wrote:

He's not far wrong tbh. Bayern were a shadow of their current selves back then. They had players like Luca Toni and Roy Maakay in their team, who wouldn't make the subs bench in today's Bayern team.

Propa_Nutcase
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Propa_Nutcase » Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:45 pm

Just looked up, Bayern finished 4th in Bundesliga in Podolski's first season there (2006).

Propa_Nutcase
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club