José Mourinho

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: José Mourinho

Postby Clarkey T » Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:20 am

He's started to show a toxic side to himself again though but last week he did something nice for a young player who came off the bench and scored 2 goals to give Roma 3 points - he brought him a new pair of trainers.

I think being at clubs where you had to win trophies or be sacked like Real Madrid and Chelsea eventually took its toll on him and he stopped allowing his teams to play with freedom because he knew if they lost the blame falls on him - I believe Arsene said something along those lines and I fully agree with him but that was before Mourinho started playing so much negative football,

Eventually so much pressure leads to depression and stops you from enjoying your occupation as much, the problem is we may think the solution would be drop down to a club with lower expectations and enjoy yourself - but after years spent constantly trying to win trophies - how does one motivate himself at a club that doesn't expect to win anything.

I'd like to see him do well somewhere and also AVB, I thought AVB did well at Spurs to be fair and would have liked to see him get another chance in England as he clearly was a talented guy.
Clarkey T
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby Phil71 » Sun Nov 28, 2021 3:36 pm

I think a house in Chelsea and £100m in the bank would help with my depression.

Might even be enough for me to say f**k this lark for a game of soldiers. I'm putting my feet up.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Goonerred » Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:56 pm

Phil71 wrote:I think a house in Chelsea and £100m in the bank would help with my depression.

Might even be enough for me to say f**k this lark for a game of soldiers. I'm putting my feet up.

Yes, I can't feel too sorry for him, well, I don't feel sorry for him.
Goonerred
Predictions League 2021-22 Winner, Member of the Year 2022
Predictions League 2021-22 Winner, Member of the Year 2022

Postby Angelito » Mon Dec 18, 2023 11:53 am

Looool. This weirdo is back at it again. Said some petty stuff about Wenger and his 1000th game too.

Why does Wenger live rent-free in his head?

What a bizarre person.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby MathyGooner » Mon Dec 18, 2023 12:20 pm

Angelito wrote:

Looool. This weirdo is back at it again. Said some petty stuff about Wenger and his 1000th game too.

Why does Wenger live rent-free in his head?

What a bizarre person.

He’s a sad, bitter little old man who despite his transient success ended up at a fairly mediocre team in a mediocre league and a mediocre European competition. A significant but not unexpected fall from grace (at least I’m not that surprised).
MathyGooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Ach » Mon Dec 18, 2023 9:37 pm

When asked if league leaders Arsenal are in the conversation, Mourinho pulled a face and simply replied: ‘Na.’

Mikel burst out laughing at his old manager’s bluntness, saying: ‘The rivalry is still there!’

Mourinho continued: ‘But it is not the rivalry… it isn’t the right moment [for them].’

When Mikel suggested the north Londoners ‘always capitulate’, Mourinho replied: ‘Honestly, rivalry apart because I can do it, I would like them to win, I would like a third [team in the title race].

https://metro.co.uk/2023/12/18/jose-mou ... NrxA_oeG_I

Legend
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Zenith » Tue Jan 16, 2024 6:43 pm

Jose Mourinho sacked by AS Roma after two-and-half years in charge with Daniele De Rossi named as replacement

AS Roma have parted ways with head coach Jose Mourinho following a poor run of form; the Giallorossi have won just one of their last six Serie A games, and sit ninth in the league; former Roma captain Daniele De Rossi has been named as Mourinho's successor

Jose Mourinho has been sacked after two-and-a-half years in charge at Roma, with Daniele De Rossi named as his replacement.

The Giallorossi have won one of their last six Serie A games and were recently knocked out of the Coppa Italia by city rivals Lazio, where Mourinho was sent off.

They are ninth in Serie A, 22 points behind league leaders Inter Milan.

Mourinho joined Roma in 2021 and spent two-and-a-half years in the role, leading them to the Europa Conference League title in 2022.

The 60-year-old also guided them to the Europa League final last season, where they were defeated by Sevilla on penalties. His contract was due to expire in June.

Former Roma captain De Rossi was announced as Mourinho's successor on Tuesday afternoon. Sky in Italy understands De Rossi will take charge until June, with the club having an option to renew his contract based on achievements and results.

Graham Potter and Antonio Conte were also considered for the role.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... eplacement
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:41 am

Rumours that he could take over at Porto. Just imagine if we end up facing him in R16 and going out.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby theHotHead » Wed Jan 17, 2024 1:04 pm

Thank goodness. Roma are my team in Italy, I carry strong feelings for them. I almost cried when that classless prick became manager.

Good riddance to the circus.

Danielle Di Rossi is Interim Manager, excellent.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Ach » Wed Jan 17, 2024 8:11 pm

Ach
SE13
SE13

Previous

Return to World Football