2018 and 2022 World Cups

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: 2018 and 2022 World Cups

Postby Fenice » Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:32 pm

Zedie wrote:
Cripps wrote:
Gooner_LK6 wrote:People need to realize where they are actually going, because it isnt the west. Dont put yourself in a situation where you could end up breaking one of their laws. I would assume that happened with her doesn't happen often, but why take the risk?

It isn't the ideal place to have the world cup but do their laws actually prevent people from watching football or players from playing it? Dont think theres a case to take it away from them.

This.

Gays being uncomfortable is not a reason to ban it from Qatar.

A significant proportion if the world's population being under threat of imprisonment or death by simply being is enough of a reason.

Always liked you Zedie.
Fenice
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Cripps » Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:33 pm

Zedie wrote:A homosexual act is punishable for up to 7 years in Qatar.

Its a maximum death penalty for a Muslim.

Long story short, if you don't feel the need to cover your true self up or have an issue with lying about who you really are, don't go to Qatar.

Simple as that
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby Callum » Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:36 pm

Cripps wrote:I'm more astounded gays think they are important enough for a whole country to change their laws just for them.

We already know gays are vain and think highly of their self importance with all this coming out shit. No one cares if you come out. But wanting a World Cup to not be hosted in a certain country cos of it? Lol

Plenty of other reasons not to host it in Qatar. Gays are hardly one of them.

Disgusting attitude.

The point is that a major sporting tournament is being held somewhere where it is illegal to be gay. By giving the World Cup to Qatar FIFA have basically told gay people that if they want to go and watch football at this level they need to travel somewhere where they must hide the truth about their sexuality.

"We already know gays are vain" - you're such a homophobic t**t saying shit like that. Generalising an entire group of people because they might not want to go somewhere where their lifestyle could have them abused, attacked or thrown in jail. Absolutely pathetic.

An event like the World Cup should not be held in a country where women and gay people don't have the basic human rights they are afforded elsewhere.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby Cripps » Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:38 pm

Ah the insults.

Welcome back Callum. The post quality of this forum had reached a decent level but finally you are back to drag it down again.
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby Callum » Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:40 pm

Cripps wrote:Ah the insults.

Welcome back Callum. The post quality of this forum had reached a decent level but finally you are back to drag it down again.

I'm gonna call a spade a spade when I see it.

You're a homophobe, simple as that.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:40 pm

I wonder if those saying it's okay to hold it in Qatar think what happened today in the US is wrong. They're both the same thing, one is on a government level, and one is on an individual one
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby Cripps » Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:42 pm

Callum wrote:

Shame the gay people I know at work don't think that but a kid on a football forum of a club he doesn't support does.

How will I survive?
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby Cripps » Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:43 pm

GoonerAlexis wrote:I wonder if those saying it's okay to hold it in Qatar think what happened today in the US is wrong. They're both the same thing, one is on a government level, and one is on an individual one

What happened in the US?
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby Callum » Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:45 pm

Cripps wrote:
Callum wrote:

Shame the gay people I know at work don't think that but a kid on a football forum of a club he doesn't support does.

How will I survive?

Ahahaha "I know some gay people so can't be homophobic". You're actually playing that card?

I don't care how you deal with being a narrow-minded bigot. That's your life. But if you're to make homophobic comments I'm going to call you out on it.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby Callum » Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:45 pm

Cripps wrote:
GoonerAlexis wrote:I wonder if those saying it's okay to hold it in Qatar think what happened today in the US is wrong. They're both the same thing, one is on a government level, and one is on an individual one

What happened in the US?

50+ people shot dead in a gay bar in Orlando.

Guess they had it coming by flaunting their sexuality though, right?
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby Cripps » Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:47 pm

Callum wrote:
Cripps wrote:

What happened in the US?

If that's your view on it then it's a disgusting view but so be it
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby Callum » Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:49 pm

Cripps wrote:
Callum wrote:
Cripps wrote:

What happened in the US?

If that's your view on it then it's a disgusting view but so be it

Just going off your previous comments on this sort of thing. You seem to have an issue with gay people being open about their sexuality so wouldn't be at all surprised if you held similar views with this incident.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby Gooner_ESR10 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:49 pm

Nowhere is safe.
Gooner_ESR10
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Gooner G » Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:50 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-us-canada-36510172

That's was terrible.
Gooner G
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Cripps » Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:51 pm

Callum wrote:
Cripps wrote:
Callum wrote:

How will I survive?

Ahahaha "I know some gay people so can't be homophobic". You're actually playing that card?

I don't care how you deal with being a narrow-minded bigot. That's your life. But if you're to make homophobic comments I'm going to call you out on it.

It's amazing how little you know about things like these. Well not only this but seeing as this is the topic ATM, we'll stick to this one.

At no point did I mention I have a problem with gays being gays. But hey lets do a Callum and make things up. Hilarious
Cripps
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to World Football