2030 World Cup Bid?

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: 2026 World Cup bid?

Postby Ach » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:22 am

LMAO wrote:
Ach wrote:England for 2030, has to be???

100 years since the world cup started. Where better than the home of football?

Uruguay/Argentina/Paraguay 2030.

China 2034.

Dunno about after that.

Europe will definitely have one of those 2
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby LMAO » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:30 am

Callum wrote:
Va-Va-Voom wrote:Imagine your own team being so shit you resort to mocking USA.

Loooool

How can you be so shit at the sport you invented?

Literally have nothing to show for it besides a single WC won in the middle of the 20th century.

Eternal L

At least we didn't miss out on qualification to f*cking Panama.

Your words don't hurt. They'd bear more weight if you were from a top footballing nation like Brazil, Germany, Argentina, or France. Lemme know how the haughtiness goes when the home of football goes out before the semis again.

Meanwhile, I'll be over here smiling at having my country selected to host its second World Cup in 32 years, while y'all continue to moan about not having one since America sent men to the moon.

LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Ach » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:32 am

Diana Ross to right the wrong of 1994 in the opening ceremony?

Shes still alive right?

Its a stupid decision but its to be expected of FIFA

Bring Blatter home
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby LMAO » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:32 am

Ach wrote:
LMAO wrote:
Ach wrote:England for 2030, has to be???

100 years since the world cup started. Where better than the home of football?

Uruguay/Argentina/Paraguay 2030.

China 2034.

Dunno about after that.

Europe will definitely have one of those 2

For its 100th anniversary, the World Cup won't go anyone other than where it began. And you underestimate the CPC's money.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Ach » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:33 am

Not even FIFA would be stupid enough to go for over 20 years without a World Cup in the main continent

2030 should be England. We created the game, we deserve it

2034 can be whoever
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby LMAO » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:55 am

Sims wrote:ffs watching it is gonna be a nightmare re: timezones

Meh.

Since I've been alive, the only World Cups not in a f***ked up timezone from me are 1994 here in America (and I was only a few months old, so there was no watching that for me ffs) and 2014 in Brazil.

Every other World Cup has been at least 6+ hours difference.

I welcome more North American and South American World Cups so that games aren't early af in the morning, in the early afternoon, or at 2 am.

Santi wrote:hope its shit, maybe fifa will stop f***ing around with these ridiculous multi nation tournaments then.

shit like poland-ukraine is fine for euros but USA, Mexico and Canada are big enough on their own to stage a WC...

90% of the Canadian population lives within 100 miles of the US-Canada border. Other than Edmunton being in the middle of nowhere (but still only a 2 hour flight from Seattle), Canada isn't a problem. Toronto and Montreal are practically on the border.

A flight from Dallas to Mexico City is shorter than Miami to Boston and a hell of a lot shorter than NYC to LA.

Besides, it's not like FIFA will have a group playing in Seattle, Mexico City, and Miami. They'll be region specific.

Travel won't be an issue, even during the knockout stages. People are overreacting tbh

Callum wrote:By all accounts we did try and bribe officials in some sense, we were just shite at it.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40422817

Dude, in an ideal world (i.e., one where FIFA isn't full of corrupt fucks), England gets the 2018 World Cup instead of Russia, we get the 2022 World Cup instead of Qatar, and that leaves 2026 for Australia to finally host one. No multinational bids, and everyone is happy and not bitching like they are now, but c'est la vie.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Angelito » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:26 am

Be prepared for more multinational tournies, lads.

Argentina-Uruguay-Paraguay has already confirmed its bid. England will of course be the second bidder. The sheer romance of the World Cup returning to the land where it all started is too idyllic to pass.

If China bids for 2034, it will get it. Simple. If it doesn't, ASEAN countries have shown interest to host the World Cup. If 2030 doesn't work out for England, I think a joint UK bid for 2034 might.

Regardless, I'm not a big fan of these multinational tournaments unless it's a one-off. That said, joint bids are increasingly becoming a trend now.

England does deserve to host a World Cup. It's ridiculous that England hasn't hosted one since 1966. But I was surprised that England's bid fell at the first hurdle for 2018. As much as FIFA is a corrupt organization driven by money, I think England's bids/FA has not been strategic and tactical enough in these bids. I don't see why England acts like some minnow. Jesus Christ, it's England - a country that can host the World Cup tomorrow if need be...

A prospect of a World Cup semi-final at the Emirates tho... :hail:

Btw can anyone tell me why England hasn't bid for the Euros since hosting it in 1996? Apparently, England is not interested in bidding for 2024 either. :dontknow:
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Pudpop » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:28 am

Va-Va-Voom wrote:
But still, imagine inventing a sport and being irrelevant. Knocked out of the last major tournament by a country with a population of 330k.

Is this coming from a septic whose country invented their own sport and then caked their local tournament the world series just so they could pretend to be good at it?
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby LMAO » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:58 am

Angelito wrote:Be prepared for more multinational tournies, lads.

Argentina-Uruguay-Paraguay has already confirmed its bid. England will of course be the second bidder. The sheer romance of the World Cup returning to the land where it all started is too idyllic to pass.

If China bids for 2034, it will get it. Simple. If it doesn't, ASEAN countries have shown interest to host the World Cup. If 2030 doesn't work out for England, I think a joint UK bid for 2034 might.

Regardless, I'm not a big fan of these multinational tournaments unless it's a one-off. That said, joint bids are increasingly becoming a trend now.

England does deserve to host a World Cup. It's ridiculous that England hasn't hosted one since 1966. But I was surprised that England's bid fell at the first hurdle for 2018. As much as FIFA is a corrupt organization driven by money, I think England's bids/FA has not been strategic and tactical enough in these bids. I don't see why England acts like some minnow. Jesus Christ, it's England - a country that can host the World Cup tomorrow if need be...

Can you really call 2026 a true multinational tournament though? For all intents and purposes, it's a USA World Cup featuring Mexico and Canada.

And yup, anyone wishing for a European World Cup in 2030 or 2034 will be extremely disappointed. Uruguay-Argentina-Paraguay is too sentimental to pass up, and China (featuring Hong Kong and Macau) will be a virtual lock years before the actual vote just like this US bid; like America, the money will be too good to pass up, unless Europe desperately desires a World Cup in 2034 and goes balls to the wall by doing a joint bid of multiple European countries.

Also, Australia has never hosted a World Cup, it'll be 32 years between a World Cup in North America (1994 USA and 2026 USA-Mexico-Canada), South America recently went 36 f***ing years between World Cups (1978 Argentina and 2014 Brazil), Africa has only had 1 World Cup (2010 South Africa), and Asia will have gone 20 years between World Cups (2002 South Korea-Japan and 2022 Qatar). Meanwhile, the longest Europe has ever had to wait is 12 years (2006 Germany and 2018 Russia).

Many Europeans are being entitled brats tbh. Boo hoo, so they'll have to go 20 years between World Cups this time around. Cry me a f***ing river. Welcome to the rest of the world. Europe isn't the only region in the world that likes football, nor does the world revolve around Europe.

I'd love to see a revolutionary joint bid of Spain-Portugal-Morocco for 2038, though.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby LMAO » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:03 am

Pudpop wrote:
Va-Va-Voom wrote:
But still, imagine inventing a sport and being irrelevant. Knocked out of the last major tournament by a country with a population of 330k.

Is this coming from a septic whose country invented their own sport and then caked their local tournament the world series just so they could pretend to be good at it?

TIL the US is shit at baseball.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Ach » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:53 am

They should go back to how it used to be.

One in Europe then the next somewhere else then back in Europe then somewhere else and so on

Europe is the bread and butter of football. They need to appeal to the European audiences. Having a World Cup in Australia, dear god. Viewership at an all time low. No one even knows what the time difference is in China but judging by the 2002 World Cup which was piss poor, they shouldn't have it.

Has to be England in 2030. There literally isn't anyone else worth considering.
Last edited by Ach on Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Royal Gooner » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:04 am

Angelito wrote:

A prospect of a World Cup semi-final at the Emirates tho... :hail:

Btw can anyone tell me why England hasn't bid for the Euros since hosting it in 1996? Apparently, England is not interested in bidding for 2024 either. :dontknow:

Apparently we've done a dirty deal with the germans whereby we support them for 2024 and they don't oppose us for hosting the final of 2020 (which UEFA only did because they didn't want to give it to Turkey) or hosting the whole thing in 2028.

Would be great if we could get the both World Cup in 2026 and the Euros in 2028.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Santi » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:49 am

I’m sure the guy who invented the shitter made the best ever one

England are shit because our coaches drill all skill out of players from the age of 7, inventing football just means you’re welcome.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby StLGooner » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:48 pm

Royal Gooner wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
Royal Gooner wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
Sims wrote:we havent had it since 1966 ffs

For real though, that ain't cool. Wonder why?

We don't do bribes, that's why. We should have been hosting it tomorrow especially given the independent analysis said our bid was the best, yet all that oil money talks louder than the inventors of football and the English sense of fair play.

Or maybe it's cause last time you hosted you won it, and that is a bit fishy, so FIFA doesn't want you guys to cheat again! :frogwink:

No cheating involved, just the honesty and integrity of good russian officials. How times have changed!

By the way, I didn't see USA on the list of past winners......

Never said we were, what's your point. Can you not take some friendly banter? Jeez, sensitive sally!!
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby StLGooner » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:49 pm

Ach wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
Ach wrote:USA just had it as well.

Ludicrous.

Wasn't that over 20 years ago?

1994 which in world cup terms is only 6 tournaments ago

Its a ludicrious decision and FIFA chase the money once more instead of convenience. Morocco was the better bid, better for the fans but no lets have the world cup in a country which is millions of miles away from anywhere, stupid kick off times

Failing that, why isn't it in Europe? We haven't had a proper once since 2006 ffs

England haven't had one since 1966 dear god and our stadia destroys everyones

I agree with you. Maybe if you guys weren't such hooligans though!! :frogwink:
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to World Football