Trabzonspor - My Club in Turkey

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Trabzonspor - My Club in Turkey

Postby Highbury_Gooner » Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:03 pm

Trabzonspor is a professional Turkish football club located in the city of Trabzon, Turkey. Formed in 1967 through a merger of several local clubs, Trabzonspor won six championships in Turkish Super League. The Club won their first Championship title in 1975 which is also the Club's initiation year in Turkish Super League. Trabzonspor won the championship title again during their second year in the Turkish Super League in 1976, was runner-up in 1977 and won 3 Championship titles in a row during the following years 1978, 1979, 1980. The club colours are claret and blue, and they play their home matches at Hüseyin Avni Aker Stadium.[1] The club has donned maroon and blue kits since the merger, and have played at their present ground since 1967.

Domestically, Trabzonspor is known as one of the top Turkish teams based on the number of cups won. They have won the Süper Lig (top-flight) six times, and were the first non Istanbul-based club to win the league. They have also won the Federation Cup (Turkish Cup) eight times. From 1976 to 1984, Trabzonspor won a total of 31 trophies: Super League (7), Federation (Turkish) Cup (8), Süper Kupa (Super Cup) (8), the Başbakanlık Kupası (Chancellor Cup) (5), Red Group Championship Second Division (İkinci Lig Kırmızı Grup Şampiyonası) (1) and Cyprus Peace Cup (Kıbrıs Barış Kupası) (1).

At the end of the 2010–11 season Trabzonspor points were tied with Fenerbahce SK. However Fenerbahce became the champions by goal difference.Two months has passed after the end of the season and 2011 Turkish sports corruption scandal broke out. Turkish Football Federation has banned Fenerbahce from joining any UEFA competition for a year. Trabzonspor's board of directors has applied to Turkish Football Federation about this season's champions being them but their application was denied on the grounds that this season's decision already being made.

(ITS SEVENTH LEAGUE TITTLE US 2010-2011 SEASON ALSO)

Fenerbahce is always living hell in Trabzon. Because they're match fixer. Trabzonspor is our heart and mine home-location. I live in Istanbul but i wear my Trabzonspor shirt everytime in Kadikoy (Bagdat Caddesi) it's Fenerbahce's castle. It's not important for me because Fenerbahce's fans are really suckers. :)

Some photos about us.

Watch and learn this war :)))

While FB Bus in Trabzon Huseyin Avni Aker stadium

And while FB-TS match playing we throwing white shirts ( it's about justice) on the ground.

CRAZY MATCH.. RESULT WAS 1-1....

Another match

And it's our record in Ataturk Olympiat Stadium ( Istanbul) 61,000 People in 2010-2011 season...

Their home ground is the Hüseyin Avni Aker Stadium, which has a capacity of 24,169.

ARSENAL WENGER
Highbury_Gooner
Liam Brady

Return to World Football