Chequebook Manager Mourinho

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Chequebook Manager Mourinho

Postby AAIRE99 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:41 pm

http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/ ... O9n-PmsVUU

Atletico Madrid striker Fernando Torres has branded Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho a chequebook manager.
Torres was asked to compare Atletico coach Diego Simeone with his former Blues manager.

He is quoted by the Daily Express: "They're very different. It's difficult to compare, because it's not the same being on a team where you have players you want, spend the money you want and after that they win, that's what makes Mourinho.

"That's not easy. And with Simeone the experience you have with Atleti is winning with other resources.
"I don't know what Mourinho would do at Atletico or Simeone at Chelsea. What I like is that they are very intelligent to adapt to what they have.

Disagree, won the champions league with Porto, Do your research Fernando. Sounds like sour grapes to me.
AAIRE99
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Re: Chequebook Manager

Postby Cripps » Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:44 pm

Yup. Mourinho gets the big jobs at clubs with money cos he's proven he can do it he's that good to do so.
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Re: Chequebook Manager Mourinho

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:34 am

Torres says Mourinho has the players he wants and is able to spend all the money he wants and then says "that's not easy"... Is he alright? What is easy then?

Having an unlimited budget is sure as shit easier than constructing a title challenging team on limited resources like Simeone has.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Re: Chequebook Manager Mourinho

Postby UFGN » Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:24 am

Says Torres.

Says..... Fernando........ Torres.

My ironomiter just blew up. And there goes my hypocromiter as well
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Return to World Football