Radja Nainggolan

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Radja Nainggolan

Postby Cripps » Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:33 am

Arsenal have joined the race to sign Roma midfielder Radja Nainggolan but, along with rivals Manchester United and Chelsea, have been quoted £26 million to sign the Belgian enforcer. Arsene Wenger is a big admirer of the 26-year-old.

Source: Daily Express
Thursday, 22 January 2015 23:53
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Re: Radja Nainggolan

Postby Zenith » Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:44 am

Nainggolan has a very strange clause:

He's owned by both Roma and Cagliari and for either club to fully gain his ownership, both clubs must submit a bid for him (without knowing the bid submitted by the other team) The team that bids the highest 'wins' and gains full ownership. It's a bit tricky because he, himself has no say in this and I doubt he wants to return to a mid-table side. Though I'm pretty sure Roma will bid the highest since they are significantly stronger financially.

Assuming Roma would win, they would laugh at a £26m bid. They are in a much better financial situation than they were a couple of years ago and they will be extremely reluctant to sell him. He's already a fan-favorite and it looks like he won't be leaving them any time soon. Also worth mentioning he's been living in Italy for over a decade and seems very happy there, he often calls it his second home.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby jules_w » Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:55 am

Bully in midfield , a Gattuso-type of player. But can't see him leave Roma...
jules_w
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Fran Solo » Fri Jan 23, 2015 4:04 am

He will be the first Arsenal player with Indonesia blood if he really join.
Fran Solo
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby John Ozil » Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:07 am

has Sanchez-esque workrate!
#Messi4GOAT
John Ozil
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby sweggeh » Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:11 am

He is a really good player but isn't a DM, so this is a no go.
sweggeh
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby rony_henry » Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:49 pm

Yes please. Off-load Diaby and Flamini, bring him and Ilarramendi.

WIN-WIN.
rony_henry
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:01 am

One of my favorites but I cannot see this happening
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
White Saliba Gabriel Zinchenko
(Tomiyasu/Niles) (Timber/Holding) (Trusty/Kiwior) (Tierney/Tavares)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
(Xhaka/Lokonga) —- (Partey/Elneny)
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli
(Pepe/Nelson) (Nketiah/Balogun) (Trossard/ESR)

Last Updated: 07/02/23
CrimsonGunner11
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner

Postby elkanofan » Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:05 pm

Zenith wrote:Nainggolan has a very strange clause:

He's owned by both Roma and Cagliari and for either club to fully gain his ownership, both clubs must submit a bid for him (without knowing the bid submitted by the other team) The team that bids the highest 'wins' and gains full ownership. It's a bit tricky because he, himself has no say in this and I doubt he wants to return to a mid-table side. Though I'm pretty sure Roma will bid the highest since they are significantly stronger financially.

Assuming Roma would win, they would laugh at a £26m bid. They are in a much better financial situation than they were a couple of years ago and they will be extremely reluctant to sell him. He's already a fan-favorite and it looks like he won't be leaving them any time soon. Also worth mentioning he's been living in Italy for over a decade and seems very happy there, he often calls it his second home.

The co-ownership thing in in taly is very much like treating players as if they are stock market shares.

It's a way of small clubs claiming more money for their players when the big clubs swoop in.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Zenith » Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:21 pm

elkanofan wrote:
Zenith wrote:Nainggolan has a very strange clause:

The co-ownership thing in in taly is very much like treating players as if they are stock market shares.

It's a way of small clubs claiming more money for their players when the big clubs swoop in.

Well the players have to agree to it, if they don't agree to be sold to another club under these terms they are not obliged to sign anything. Usually they're also old enough to make consider their decision properly and what to expect from it. I know what you're getting at but it's not anywhere near as dirty as players who - at a very young age - are lured into becoming 'property' of an investment group. It helps financially weak clubs - mainly in South America - to keep hold of their players and not go bankrupt, but for the players in question it's only a short-term solution. Falcao is a classic example; the lad never had a say in which club he was going to join, (well apart from United, maybe) but that's after it became obvious that he didn't want to leave Atletico for Monaco, who only just got promoted from Ligue 2. Although he, and many other South-American players are earning sh17loads of money, to some extent their freedom is taken away from them, which I think is wrong and shouldn't be allowed. But to put things in perspective it's peanuts compared to other things that are going on this planet.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby yadunoe » Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:43 pm

hes a monster but would cost close to 40 m so for sure a no go
yadunoe
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Zedie » Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:56 pm

Who would you compare him to? Dont know much about this guy.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby sweggeh » Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:58 pm

Hes a pretty good box to box player. Good tackler, good technique and passing. He is like Ramsey but with better ball control and positioning, but less offensive threat.
sweggeh
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby jules_w » Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:10 pm

+ More defensive contribution and a lot more agressivity
jules_w
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby sweggeh » Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:11 pm

jules_w wrote:+ More defensive contribution and a lot more agressivity