Saints submit to football's hierarchy

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: Saints submit to football's hierarchy

Postby StLGooner » Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:10 pm

Omphi93 wrote:
Swan wrote:
ChVïnt22 wrote:Anyone but me think that a salary or transfer cap would help out the smaller clubs? I know most don't want to see this as they associate it with American sports and to them that's the axis of evil, but if it worked and actually brought parity to football, I think with Wenger in charge it would benefit Arsenal greatly.

It would really come down to best run clubs win not the most spent clubs.

It would probably still come down to the most spent, but they would at least have to try and spend smarter.

You wouldnt be bringing in 100k players to sit on the bench.

Definitely in the beginning it would, cause its not as if the smaller clubs will all of the sudden have money right away, it would take some time, but hopefully help a bit by bit season after season.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Saints submit to football's hierarchy

Postby Vinny » Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:41 pm

Really good article, thanks for posting.

The gap is getting bigger every year. Champions League, TV revenues even FPP are all geared towards the big clubs and gives them an advantage over everyone else.
While it is wrong on so many levels, I'm glad we are a part of it and the work done over the last 10/15 years in keeping us there, and building on it is a credit to Arsenal.
Vinny
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Previous

Return to World Football