The Cristiano Ronaldo Appreciation Thread

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: The Cristiano Ronaldo Appreciation Thread

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:31 pm

Two of the most famous athletes in the world worth hundreds of millions.

They are above the law.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby StLGooner » Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:41 pm

Football is a business and a big corrupt business at that, just like most huge business'. You take away the two best employees of that business and it suffers.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Phil71 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:25 pm

aniym wrote:At least, at the very least, the fine included an amount that would cover interest and damages, to deter such future behaviour.

The 23 month sentence is hilarious. Messi got the same treatment. They are basically admitting that they're above the law.

Badly advised I would say.

I very much doubt either of them are tax experts. They'll pay others for that. Of course they are ultimately responsible for ensuring their own taxes are paid, but my guess is they followed advice. As it turns out it was very bad advice.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby StLGooner » Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:30 pm

Phil71 wrote:
aniym wrote:At least, at the very least, the fine included an amount that would cover interest and damages, to deter such future behaviour.

The 23 month sentence is hilarious. Messi got the same treatment. They are basically admitting that they're above the law.

I very much doubt either of them are tax experts. They'll pay others for that. Of course they are ultimately responsible for ensuring their own taxes are paid, but my guess is they followed advice. As it turns out it was very bad advice.

A voice of reason!

But that wont' go well on this page, it's always Messi's fault. Everything he has ever done that is bad was his fault completely and he meant to do it cause he's a horrible human being. Every time CR7 misses a pen or fluffs a kick it's Messi fault. Messi even hired that girl to accuse him of rape. It's a fact, just ask any CR7 fan boy. :biggrin:
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Zedie » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:16 pm

Phil71 wrote:

Likely scenario:

A select group of tax consultancy firms work with most of the club's within any given league. One or two promise the highest return on investment .

All these top players at asked "do you want to keep more money or not as much as I can get you?".

They say yes, but is this all above board?

Tax consultants say "yes, just sign here, here and initial here".

Couple years later loads of footballers are in the dock because some consultant f***ked up or knowingly saved more money using illegal methods for a bigger fee percentage, while top baller is in the dock because the c*** signed on the dotted line making himself legally responsible ultimately.

It's all about Spain because we are probably talking about 2 or 3 firms that were competing against eachother and they all crossed the same lines to offer the same rates to these clients..
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby StLGooner » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:30 pm

No, they all had Wesley Snipes as their consultant.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Zedie » Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:25 pm

StLGooner wrote:No, they all had Wesley Snipes as their consultant.

:rofll:
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:26 pm

Imagine if I started up a small business selling Wenger hate and second hand Oasis CDs, and make loads of money (got plenty of both)

I f**k up my taxes

Can't blame anyone else can I? Why should they?

If you hire an accountant, it's still you who signs the forms
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Santi » Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:11 pm

StLGooner wrote:
Phil71 wrote:

A voice of reason!

But that wont' go well on this page, it's always Messi's fault. Everything he has ever done that is bad was his fault completely and he meant to do it cause he's a horrible human being. Every time CR7 misses a pen or fluffs a kick it's Messi fault. Messi even hired that girl to accuse him of rape. It's a fact, just ask any CR7 fan boy. :biggrin:

You'd almost think it was Ronaldo that moved your NFL team!
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Phil71 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:30 pm

UFGN wrote:Imagine if I started up a small business selling Wenger hate and second hand Oasis CDs, and make loads of money (got plenty of both)

I f**k up my taxes

Can't blame anyone else can I? Why should they?

If you hire an accountant, it's still you who signs the forms

Well, yeah. That’s why I said,
Of course they are ultimately responsible for ensuring their own taxes are paid

But everyone in that position will take professional advice as to how much they have to pay. Unless you have tax accountancy as a hobby or something.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby StLGooner » Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:39 pm

Santi wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
Phil71 wrote:

A voice of reason!

You'd almost think it was Ronaldo that moved your NFL team!

Obviously it was Messi's fault! ;)

I like good ole Ronny actually, and Messi. See that's what adults do, they can actually like both players. Just like Xbox, PS4, Coke, Pepsi, you don't have to take sides just because some people do.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Santi » Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:43 pm

Does give me a chuckle how 1 line gets such good reactions though ;)
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby StLGooner » Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:48 pm

Doesn't take much on GW! :)
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:27 am

Phil71 wrote:

It's called personal responsibility. If you sign off on it, you own it. Everyday people make these kinds of mistakes because they cant afford help, not because the taxman unraveled their Panama Papers type tax evasion scheme. Ronaldo tries to get out weasel out of going to court for 15 measly minutes while you or me would face crippling fines or prison terms.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:18 am

No one has ever killed it in three different countries in the three best leagues.

He is a true anomaly.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

PreviousNext

Return to World Football