Helena Costa - first female manager - whats your take?

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Is this good for football?

Yes
81%
No
19%

Total votes : 26

Re: Helena Costa - first female manager - whats your take?

Postby StLGooner » Thu May 08, 2014 1:24 pm

Cripps wrote:It's not a choice?

That's bs.

Plenty of guys go out and f**k a load of women. Get married,have kids etc then decide they are bored and change lifestyle to being gay for whatever reason.

They chose it.

Why have over 1500 different animal species been observed in the wild having homosexual intercourse, did they choose that on their own cause hetero sex was getting old? It's not a choice, that type of thinking is why gays have such a hard time getting equal rights, that and the stupid f***ing bible and other idiotic religions. It's 2014 people stop with the nonsense!
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby UFGN » Thu May 08, 2014 1:34 pm

ChVïnt22 wrote:

That's bs.

Plenty of guys go out and f**k a load of women. Get married,have kids etc then decide they are bored and change lifestyle to being gay for whatever reason.

They chose it.

Why have over 1500 different animal species been observed in the wild having homosexual intercourse, did they choose that on their own cause hetero sex was getting old? It's not a choice at, that type of thinking is why gays have such a hard time getting equal rights, that and the stupid f***ing bible and other idiotic religions. It's 2014 people stop with the nonsense!

TBH when someone breaks out a f***ing stone age comment like that, my reaction nowadays is just to leave them to it. If they have managed to get this far in life and still think that way, then they will die stupid.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Santi » Thu May 08, 2014 1:36 pm

Man the stone-age would've been awesome.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby StLGooner » Thu May 08, 2014 1:37 pm

UFGN wrote:
ChVïnt22 wrote:

That's bs.

They chose it.

Why have over 1500 different animal species been observed in the wild having homosexual intercourse, did they choose that on their own cause hetero sex was getting old? It's not a choice at, that type of thinking is why gays have such a hard time getting equal rights, that and the stupid f***ing bible and other idiotic religions. It's 2014 people stop with the nonsense!

TBH when someone breaks out a f***ing stone age comment like that, my reaction nowadays is just to leave them to it. If they have managed to get this far in life and still think that way, then they will die stupid.

You're right and that is probably the bigger stance to take, but I guess I hope to try and educate people, but I realize sometimes they are so stuck in their bronze aged, bigoted ways that they wouldn't even want the truth if it smacked them in the face. Shame really!
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Trina » Thu May 08, 2014 1:40 pm

Can we get back on topic please :D

If you want to start the long and pointless thread on it, feel free to.
Le Boss
Trina
The Boss
The Boss

Postby UFGN » Thu May 08, 2014 1:46 pm

ChVïnt22 wrote:
UFGN wrote:
ChVïnt22 wrote:

That's bs.

They chose it.

You're right and that is probably the bigger stance to take, but I guess I hope to try and educate people, but I realize sometimes they are so stuck in their bronze aged, bigoted ways that they wouldn't even want the truth if it smacked them in the face. Shame really!

It is a shame because unfortunately other people have to live alongside them, and live with the consequences of their bigotry, including still not having the ability to be completely open in all areas of life without having to worry about whether or not their new boss/neighbour etc might be a biggoted fucktard.

Unfortunately these people also have voting rights and the ability to influence government policy. Something which is less of a problem in the UK now but still a huge issue elsewhere.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby UFGN » Thu May 08, 2014 1:49 pm

Trina wrote:Can we get back on topic please :D

This is exactly why women bosses are a bad idea. This Costa bird should know her place. Biggest involvement in football should be driving the kids to PE lessons

UFGN

Postby StLGooner » Thu May 08, 2014 1:51 pm

:lol:
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Trina » Thu May 08, 2014 1:53 pm

UFGN wrote:
Trina wrote:Can we get back on topic please :D

This is exactly why women bosses are a bad idea. This Costa bird should know her place. Biggest involvement in football should be driving the kids to PE lessons

:lol:
Le Boss
Trina
The Boss
The Boss

Postby UFGN » Thu May 08, 2014 2:04 pm

I hate to 'go there' with the obvious angle on this, but hows it going to work in the changing room? Its january and the pitch is a mud bath, its half time and she needs to speak to the players but most of them also need to change their kit. I mean, seriously, are they all going to just strip off in front of her?

UFGN

Postby Trina » Thu May 08, 2014 2:07 pm

You get women physios in the blokes changing rooms at half time in other sports, so I guess so :dontknow:
Le Boss
Trina
The Boss
The Boss

Postby Massa » Thu May 08, 2014 5:16 pm

Yeah it'd probably only be weird the other way around
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby Santi » Thu May 08, 2014 5:18 pm

It'd be awesome the other way round !
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby StLGooner » Thu May 08, 2014 5:24 pm

Are women reporters/journos allowed in mens locker rooms before or after games over there? I believe they are here in the states.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby elkanofan » Thu May 08, 2014 6:07 pm

Callum wrote:
Mesüt wrote:Well then you get into the argument that one is a choice and one isn't. Racism much worse imo, nobody even cares about a player being gay and I doubt there are any in the PL anyway.

That's nonsense though, because you don't choose your sexuality. If you're gay it's because you find members of the same sex attractive - that's not something you choose, it's something that's part of you that you don't have any control over. It's just the way we're wired.

Anyway, even if it was a choice - and it isn't - to say that it's not as bad because you choose to do something insinuates that being gay is a bad thing and if you get abuse as a result of it, you made that choice and should live with the consequences. If you really could choose your sexuality then it shouldn't matter whatever you pick because no potential option is wrong.

Discrimination is discrimination, and should not be tolerated in football or in any walk of life.

Trina wrote:You get women physios in the blokes changing rooms at half time in other sports, so I guess so :dontknow:

UFGN wrote:I hate to 'go there' with the obvious angle on this, but hows it going to work in the changing room? Its january and the pitch is a mud bath, its half time and she needs to speak to the players but most of them also need to change their kit. I mean, seriously, are they all going to just strip off in front of her?

It would be awkward if she feel in love with one of them because of his body.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

PreviousNext

Return to World Football