Euro 2016 qualifying draw

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: Euro 2016 qualifying draw

Postby Youngie » Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:14 pm

Royal Gooner wrote:
UFGN wrote:I think we all wanted to see Spain Vs Gibraltar!

They were supposed to be drawn in the same group when they pulled Gibraltar out to be in spain's group, but politics intervened and they had to move them. :disgust:

Its a joke

I was hoping we'd draw Gibraltar which would help give the issue some airtime.

Spain's breaking apart and their still worried about a minuscule British territory they legitimately gave us in 1713.

Think they should be worrying about Catalonia instead.

;)
Youngie
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Royal Gooner » Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:41 pm

Youngie wrote:
Royal Gooner wrote:

They were supposed to be drawn in the same group when they pulled Gibraltar out to be in spain's group, but politics intervened and they had to move them. :disgust:

Its a joke

Spain's breaking apart and their still worried about a minuscule British territory they legitimately gave us in 1713.

;)

Indeed, I can never understand spain's obsession with this tiny peninsula. All that treaty said was that we would give spain first option if we wanted to get rid of it, when we clearly will never get rid of it.

I'd like to think that this might be the first time the tartan army would support being British (even if it is the other team) but since all Gibraltar's home matches will be in the Algarve, I can't see it.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Youngie » Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:48 pm

Royal Gooner wrote:
Youngie wrote:
Royal Gooner wrote:

Its a joke

;)

Indeed, I can never understand spain's obsession with this tiny peninsula. All that treaty said was that we would give spain first option if we wanted to get rid of it, when we clearly will never get rid of it.

I'd like to think that this might be the first time the tartan army would support being British (even if it is the other team) but since all Gibraltar's home matches will be in the Algarve, I can't see it.

I think the fascination is based on its strategic importance, From a Navy's perspective if you control Gibraltar you pretty much control the whole of the Mediterranean Sea, Well at least that was so yonks back when the great battleships were pivotal in warfare.

Spain stop needs to be getting butt hurt about what their forefathers seceded long long ago.

Lets just hope Gibraltar do well and put in a few good performances, especially against the home nations.
Youngie
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby UFGN » Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:51 pm

Barcelona could have taken the opportunity to rub Spain's nose in it and lent Gibraltar Camp Nou
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Youngie » Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:00 pm

UFGN wrote:Barcelona could have taken the opportunity to rub Spain's nose in it and lent Gibraltar Camp Nou

The Spanish FA probably runs things from their side, not sure how long for though.

Here's a thought, if Catalonia do succeed will the Spanish FA kick Barca out of the league.

:dontknow:
Youngie
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Royal Gooner » Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:12 pm

Youngie wrote:
UFGN wrote:Barcelona could have taken the opportunity to rub Spain's nose in it and lent Gibraltar Camp Nou

The Spanish FA probably runs things from their side, not sure how long for though.

Here's a thought, if Catalonia do succeed will the Spanish FA kick Barca out of the league.

I guess they'd have to because they'd no longer be on Spanish sovereign territory and beyond the Spanish FA's jurisdiction. Then I suppose Catalonia could lend Gibraltar the Nou Camp!
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby UFGN » Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:15 pm

I dont know but im a bit sick of Spain's shit re Gibraltar. They bully Gib constantly and get away with it.

I think its about time the UK gvmt sent one or two of our 'special' submarines to carry out some exercises off the Spanish coast.... just to concentrate Spanish minds a bit and remind them who they are f***ing with
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby Youngie » Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:18 pm

Royal Gooner wrote:
Youngie wrote:

I guess they'd have to because they'd no longer be on Spanish sovereign territory and beyond the Spanish FA's jurisdiction. Then I suppose Catalonia could lend Gibraltar the Nou Camp!

I think the Spanish league would go into meltdown if it came to that, which i doubt it will

It'll probably just stay how it is even if they gain Independence and become a separate nation. Like i said the other day Swansea and Cardiff are not English yet we let them join our leagues..

Monaco to the same effect in league 1.

Cant think of any others. :dontknow:
Youngie
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Royal Gooner » Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:25 pm

Youngie wrote:
Royal Gooner wrote:
Youngie wrote:

I think the Spanish league would go into meltdown if it came to that, which i doubt it will

It'll probably just stay how it is even if they gain Independence and become a separate nation. Like i said the other day Swansea and Cardiff are not English yet we let them join our leagues..

Monaco to the same effect in league 1.

Cant think of any others. :dontknow:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_a ... er_country
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Youngie » Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:32 pm

UFGN wrote:I dont know but im a bit sick of Spain's shit re Gibraltar. They bully Gib constantly and get away with it.

I think its about time the UK gvmt sent one or two of our 'special' submarines to carry out some exercises off the Spanish coast.... just to concentrate Spanish minds a bit and remind them who they are f***ing with

That'll just make us look like c****. Half the battle is public opinion and publicity with other nations.

Like in the Falklands for example, i know some people say we couldn't protect them etc, but that's complete baloney. We could be standing on the Argentinians necks with our finger on the button before the day was out.

I think Spain is crumbling already, much better to sit and watch it implode.

:sneaky:
Youngie
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby WelshGooner88 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:02 pm

As a welshman im so looking forward to this.
Its our best chance since euro 2004.
Ofcourse we wont make it,we never do.
Last edited by WelshGooner88 on Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WelshGooner88
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Cripps » Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:15 pm

You've been welsh?

What are you now?
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby WelshGooner88 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:19 pm

Cripps wrote:You've been welsh?

What are you now?

i think you know what i meant. lol
WelshGooner88
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby UFGN » Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:20 pm

I am sooooo done with international football

UFGN

Postby UFGN » Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:21 pm

Im 34.... so im retiring from England duty

UFGN

Previous

Return to World Football