Robin van Persie ~ The Flying Dutchman

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Robin van Persie

Postby Callum » Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:54 am

I think the majority of Arsenal fans can understand why he forced a move and in hindsight few could argue that it was the wrong move, but at the same time the manner in which he orchestrated his departure from the club permanently soured his relationship with the fanbase. I don't blame him for going to Manchester United, but I don't have to be happy for him either. He traded in what would have been a great legacy at Arsenal for one Premier League title, and if he believes that it was worth it then that's fair enough. I wouldn't be surprised if that was indeed the case. However, once he retires and looks back on his career, he won't be welcomed back to Arsenal nor do the United fans hold a huge amount of love for him.

He chose to be just another great player Manchester United had for a brief spell rather than securing his status as a legend for Arsenal. I don't begrudge him that choice as it earned him a solitary league title, but only he will know if it was really worth it.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby Yago » Tue Sep 13, 2016 4:08 am

f**k him
Yago
2018 World Cup Predictions League Winner
2018 World Cup Predictions League Winner

Postby KG3 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:18 am

Va-Va-Voom wrote:Would've been my favoirite ever player had he stayed - I still love him tbh.

Only Bergkamp was more technically gifted.

Poor mans Giroud
KG3
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Fenice » Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:16 pm

Callum wrote:I think the majority of Arsenal fans can understand why he forced a move and in hindsight few could argue that it was the wrong move, but at the same time the manner in which he orchestrated his departure from the club permanently soured his relationship with the fanbase. I don't blame him for going to Manchester United, but I don't have to be happy for him either. He traded in what would have been a great legacy at Arsenal for one Premier League title, and if he believes that it was worth it then that's fair enough. I wouldn't be surprised if that was indeed the case. However, once he retires and looks back on his career, he won't be welcomed back to Arsenal nor do the United fans hold a huge amount of love for him.

He chose to be just another great player Manchester United had for a brief spell rather than securing his status as a legend for Arsenal. I don't begrudge him that choice as it earned him a solitary league title, but only he will know if it was really worth it.

Well said. Completely agree with you entirely. Understood why he did it, especially with how things have gone since, but wish he stayed.
Fenice
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby 22-0 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:08 pm

only one man to blame for him leaving... wenger.
22-0
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Dubs4Sam » Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:55 am

He 'Over' celebrated scoring against us for Utd. I like to see players celebrate or acknowledge that they scored against a former club but he over did it.

He can piss off IMO.
Dubs4Sam
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:21 pm

Dubs4Sam wrote:He 'Over' celebrated scoring against us for Utd. I like to see players celebrate or acknowledge that they scored against a former club but he over did it.

He can piss off IMO.

Tbf he didn't celebrate at all the first time he scored against us.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Arsene Nose » Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:50 pm

22-0 wrote:only one man to blame for him leaving... wenger.

Rescued him from van Marwick and Feyenoord
Stood behind him when he was accused of rape
Turned him into the best CF in the league
Didnt buy a striker when he was injured so his spot would be secure

Yeah, Wenger really was to blame.
Believe in something, even if it means sacrificing everything.
Arsene Nose
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Cripps » Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:52 pm

For leaving? Yes.
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsene Nose » Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:01 pm

His wife: "Arsenal showed faith in Robin when he was going through a lean time, so we should not repay them by thinking about other clubs."
His mother: "Arsenal love him and that’s a great incentive to stay. Arsenal are a fantastic club"

There is only one person to blame for his leaving. And that's him. Dont make excuses for people just because you dislike Wenger.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... z4Ki61PGCV
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Arsene Nose
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby ESR10 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:05 pm

Cripps wrote:For leaving? Yes.
ESR10
Predictions League 2018-19 Winner
Predictions League 2018-19 Winner

Postby Cripps » Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:11 pm

Arsene Nose wrote:His wife: "Arsenal showed faith in Robin when he was going through a lean time, so we should not repay them by thinking about other clubs."
His mother: "Arsenal love him and that’s a great incentive to stay. Arsenal are a fantastic club"

There is only one person to blame for his leaving. And that's him. Dont make excuses for people just because you dislike Wenger.

Don't give a f**k what 2 bints think and say. Wenger cos of penny pinching didn't do enough to keep rvp.

I don't blame rvp for leaving. Never have. That's all on Wenger. What I blame him for is the club he chose when he could've gone anywhere else which shows he didn't give a f**k about the fans.
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsene Nose » Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:55 pm

Cripps wrote:
Arsene Nose wrote:His wife: "Arsenal showed faith in Robin when he was going through a lean time, so we should not repay them by thinking about other clubs."

Don't give a f**k what 2 bints think and say. Wenger cos of penny pinching didn't do enough to keep rvp.

I don't blame rvp for leaving. Never have. That's all on Wenger. What I blame him for is the club he chose when he could've gone anywhere else which shows he didn't give a f**k about the fans.

:rofll: Naive little lad arent you?
Arsene Nose
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby gooney » Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:43 pm

I never liked him even when he was playing well for us. I also never liked Fabregas. I just felt they were the kind of people I would never get along with/ Fake humble people are the worst
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Marsbar100 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:48 pm

He comes across as self centred and petulant but he owed us nothing, it would have been a criminal waste of talent if he never won a top domestic title.

I don't like the prick but why is his rape story being mentioned, he was given the all clear what were we supposee to do disown him over a women possibly making up a story.
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club