FIFA 2013 XI & Ballon d'or

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: FIFA 2013 XI & Ballon d'or

Postby GSK_AFC » Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:58 pm

elkanofan wrote:This is why Messi is streets ahead of anyone, no matter the team he just destroys them, not just scoring, his all round play, nobody can handle him on his day.

Suarez i think needs to move from Liverpool, will be interesting to see if he can reproduce his form at a better team if the team allows him to be the star (madrid, Barca, Bayern etc..)

Agree about Cristiano's physicality, its the consistency of goals which is his main asset. he is always in shape.

GSK_AFC wrote:He's only arrogant on the pitch. Off the pitch he's a good guy, well nicer than Messi anyway. Off the top of my head..

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/ear ... 27522.html

Seemed to be the glue of the Madrid dressing room when they won the league too.

Like i said, what do the people within his entourage get paid for?

Where do you think that came from, i mean also with the cancer stricken boy, it's the usual marketing ploy, his agent would had found that out and made him do it to make his image look better.

Oldest trick in the book. Its expected of all world class athletes!

Omphi93 wrote:Messi didn't vote for Roonaldo in any of his three and Ronaldo didn't vote for Messi in any of his three, high school drama type sh*t. The cliqueiest subject in all of football.

I know,t he award is a joke, the voting is a joke, Cristiano only wants it for his media image. Douchebag!

Ballon dor does nothing for media image, Adidas have rights over the ballon dor so if anything it only has an affect on Messi.
I don't think Cristiano or any other footballer care about their media image really (except for Beckham :doh: ).
GSK_AFC
George Graham
George Graham

Postby elkanofan » Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:58 pm

Pudpop wrote:Elk, you have to go out of your way to dislike someone for doing good things, even if it is for publicity.

Lets go back to the bible and what Jesus said in the temple. To all those hugely wealthy men who where donating millions and millions of coins who laughed at the poor man who donated just one coin.

Look at the metaphor man, helping the poor to boost your media image has been happening for millenia. Means nothing if your heart isn't in it.

Morals!
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Pudpop » Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:02 pm

elkanofan wrote:
Pudpop wrote:Elk, you have to go out of your way to dislike someone for doing good things, even if it is for publicity.

Lets go back to the bible and what Jesus said in the temple. To all those hugely wealthy men who where donating millions and millions of coins who laughed at the poor man who donated just one coin.

Look at the metaphor man, helping the poor to boost your media image has been happening for millenia. Means nothing if your heart isn't in it.

Morals!

You lost me bro. I forgot the part where Ronaldo laughed at the poor?
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby elkanofan » Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:03 pm

GSK_AFC wrote:Ballon dor does nothing for media image, Adidas have rights over the ballon dor so if anything it only has an affect on Messi.
I don't think Cristiano or any other footballer care about their media image really (except for Beckham :doh: ).

Yes it does. :lol: it's not just adidas who sponsor and endorse Cristiano, that guy must e contracted with 100's of different companies, all managed by his entourage It means you can say you are wearing things bestowed by the worlds very best player in 2013! Companies push for him to be number one so they can help market their product.

This is what football is all about these days.

Pudpop wrote:
elkanofan wrote:

Morals!

You lost me bro. I forgot the part where Ronaldo laughed at the poor?

Before that part. You know, rich people giving money to charity for their media image? You do know the story of Jesus in the temple though ;)
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Pudpop » Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:07 pm

elkanofan wrote:Before that part. You know, rich people giving money to charity for their media image?

What about it?
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby GSK_AFC » Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:09 pm

elkanofan wrote:
GSK_AFC wrote:Ballon dor does nothing for media image, Adidas have rights over the ballon dor so if anything it only has an affect on Messi.

Yes it does. :lol: it's not just adidas who sponsor and endorse Cristiano, that guy must e contracted with 100's of different companies, all managed by his entourage It means you can say you are wearing things bestowed by the worlds very best player in 2013! Companies push for him to be number one so they can help market their product.

This is what football is all about these days.

Yeah my point was Messi is with adidas so if anything he would've been pushed to win the Ballon dor again because Ronaldo is with nike.
GSK_AFC
George Graham
George Graham

Postby elkanofan » Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:14 pm

Of course. Thing is it never seems as if Messi was bothered about winning it. Infact if you watch the program on him, he's always been very shy and hates to show off, Messi attracted these sponsors because he was just that dam good more than anything. Crisitano is the same as Beckham but a much better talented player for me. Media created superstar.

I think Messi is possibly a candidate to be a psychopath, a nice one, not obviously an evil serial killer but someone with little understanding of emotion.

Pudpop wrote:
elkanofan wrote:Before that part. You know, rich people giving money to charity for their media image?

What about it?

Don't be naive and just accept what has been presented by a third party presents to you. Thats my point, douchebags do good things, dosen't ean they aren't douchebags!
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:05 am

That doesn't mean that douchebags doing things for charity is a bad thing
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby dian11 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:51 am

For men Riberry is the best :)
dian11
Liam Brady

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:09 pm

But what about for the women? Certainly not the best with that face.
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Previous

Return to World Football