Serge Gnabry

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Serge Gnabry

Postby gooney » Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:40 pm

I know there's 2 year gap between these 2. But these 2 players will compete for a place in the future and Im starting to think Gnabry is the more talented of the two. One thing Gnabry has so far shown is consistency for the U18, U21 and german youth team. He seems to always pop up with big goals and they always seem to be belter like the 2 goals he scored this week. I know it will take alot for Gnabry to get past Chamberlain because we have spent 15 million on him. But its going to be interesting to follow these 2 young men in the future
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Re: Is Gnabry a bigger talent than Chamberlain?

Postby Massa » Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:40 pm

No
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby Kyle? » Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:46 pm

I'd like to say yes (more talent coming through is good for us), but probably not. And even if he is, i doubt he'll get matches for us.
Fatal Descent
Spinning around
I've gone too far
To turn back round

Desperate attempt
Stop the progression
At any length
Lift this obsession

Arsenal In, Arsene Out
Kyle?
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby UFGN » Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:00 pm

Massa wrote:No

Thats the one
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby ivan itchybum » Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:06 pm

No....
gooney wrote: I will have a bet with anyone who is willing to take Newcastle will finish ahead of us...how about loser leaves the forum?

13th of May 2012 Arsenal beat West Brom 3-2 to finish 3rd ahead of Newcastle. Gooney is still yet to leave the forum...

"Have faith in Ramsey, he'll come good"
ivan itchybum
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby AFC10 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:26 pm

Did anyone see his volley tonight?
AFC10
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby gooney » Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:27 pm

AFC10 wrote:Did anyone see his volley tonight?

he scored a good goal for Germany U19....left foot top corner
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby AFC10 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:29 pm

gooney wrote:
AFC10 wrote:Did anyone see his volley tonight?

he scored a good goal for Germany U19....left foot top corner

Yeah I saw that but apparently he topped that tonight with a stunning volley. No video anywhere yet I don't think
AFC10
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Inchpräctice » Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:34 pm

gooney wrote:I know there's 2 year gap between these 2. But these 2 players will compete for a place in the future and Im starting to think Gnabry is the more talented of the two. One thing Gnabry has so far shown is consistency for the U18, U21 and german youth team. He seems to always pop up with big goals and they always seem to be belter like the 2 goals he scored this week. I know it will take alot for Gnabry to get past Chamberlain because we have spent 15 million on him. But its going to be interesting to follow these 2 young men in the future

What you've forgotten is that The Ox was absolutely murdering teams at under-21 level when he played with them because he's far too good for that level just as Gnabry is.
The real question is, what will Gnabry look like when he has to play against senior Prem sides or in the CL?
The Ox can't murder teams at senior level because the standard of defending is so much higher.
Everyone who's gifted looks amazing in the reserves or U21. It's what happens next that separates the men from the boys.
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby gzagee » Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:38 pm

No way of telling. He's not been given much of a look in as yet. And when he has played he's looked a bit raw.
Doesn't possess the composure AOC showed when he initially came into the 1st team. That's not to say Gnabry won't get better though.
Thought Eisfeld looked composed whenever he got a chance last season.
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby gooney » Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:16 pm

Inchpräctice wrote:
gooney wrote:I know there's 2 year gap between these 2. But these 2 players will compete for a place in the future and Im starting to think Gnabry is the more talented of the two. One thing Gnabry has so far shown is consistency for the U18, U21 and german youth team. He seems to always pop up with big goals and they always seem to be belter like the 2 goals he scored this week. I know it will take alot for Gnabry to get past Chamberlain because we have spent 15 million on him. But its going to be interesting to follow these 2 young men in the future

What you've forgotten is that The Ox was absolutely murdering teams at under-21 level when he played with them because he's far too good for that level just as Gnabry is.
The real question is, what will Gnabry look like when he has to play against senior Prem sides or in the CL?
The Ox can't murder teams at senior level because the standard of defending is so much higher.
Everyone who's gifted looks amazing in the reserves or U21. It's what happens next that separates the men from the boys.

I think even the small amount of time Gnabry has played for the first team he has shown he can get in dangerous positions. One thing Im certain of is that Gnabry has more goals in him. He looks to be a player that can get goals and he never hesitate to pull the trigger when there's a chance for a shot
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby CynicalGooner » Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:25 pm

No. But he is very good. AOC is more forceful, he really is a big solid lad for his age and is probably a bit faster too.

Gnabry isn't scared to shoot, true and AOC was exactly the same, still is to some extent but obviously Wenger does coach that out of players, he will with Gnabry no doubt. He almost looks like the next model off the AOC production line they are so similar
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Youngie » Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:49 pm

Not a chance
Youngie
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Callum » Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:17 am

This discussion can't really be had considering Gnabry's never played a senior game for us.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:56 am

ÜFGN wrote:
Massa wrote:No

Thats the one
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Next

Return to World Football