Serge Gnabry

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: Serge Gnabry

Postby themessiah » Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:51 pm

All good points, and in hindsight it was the wrong decision, but these things aren’t always as open and shut as that was my point. Credit to Gnabry for having the desire to get back to the “top table” in terms of a big European club and a better situation than he ever would

The reason i can see some beiing frustrated at Gnabry because he was injury prone at that time. He couldn't get a run. In hindsight you can say all you want but the player clearly played us and made them believe he would sign a contract while in fact he was going to Bayern through a third club lol.
Image Image
themessiah
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Re: Is Gnabry a bigger talent than Chamberlain?

Postby Angelito » Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:00 am

Angelito wrote:Wait, we're keeping Theo/Chamberlain, yet selling Gnabry and loaning out Campbs? Jesus..

:(
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Ach » Tue Mar 08, 2022 11:40 pm

Arsenal could attempt to re-sign Germany winger Serge Gnabry from Bayern Munich, with the 26-year-old - who spent four years with the Gunners - valued at £63m. (Football.London)
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Clarkey T » Wed Mar 09, 2022 3:36 am

He's been very good at Bayern but he is surrounded by quality players all over the field, he wouldn't have that luxury back here at the Emirates.
Clarkey T
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby Arsenal Tone » Wed Mar 09, 2022 5:04 am

I'd rather stick with martinelli, esr and saka tbh
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Wed Mar 09, 2022 7:47 am

Let’s not forget that Gnabry wasn’t exactly a hit in the PL.
We don’t even know if he’d be any good at this level. Sancho looked good in Germany too but is struggling at PL level so far.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Fran Solo » Wed Mar 09, 2022 8:50 am

jayramfootball wrote:Let’s not forget that Gnabry wasn’t exactly a hit in the PL.
We don’t even know if he’d be any good at this level. Sancho looked good in Germany too but is struggling at PL level so far.

It will be hard for any player to shine in this United team. Lol.
Fran Solo
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Santi » Wed Mar 09, 2022 1:42 pm

No thanks
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Clarkey T » Wed May 11, 2022 12:51 am

I think it's a bit harsh to assume he would not be a good signing.

Kevin De Bruyne - not good enough for Chelsea when he was younger.

Romelu Lukaku - not good enough for Chelsea when he was younger. (still not good enough now :arse fan: )

Marcos Alonso - I don't think many Bolton Wanderers fans can genuinely say they expected to see him winning the Premier League in the future.

There are other examples out there but sometimes when you are a young player at a club who already have good quality players who play in your position you struggle to get the opportunities, the 3 above left and were given opportunities elsewhere and grew, Serge Gnabry could well return to the Premier League and shine.

He's the type of player that it wouldn't surprise me to see Newcastle United spend big on to kick off their revolution.
Clarkey T
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby KG3 » Wed May 11, 2022 7:39 am

Don’t like this idea of resigning players for big money, considering you let them go for peanuts.

He’s an amazing player, we made a mistake but it’s better to move on Martinelli and Saka are progressing well, Nelson is doing well on loan, Hutchinson will be coming through soon.
KG3
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Previous

Return to World Football