Gedion Zelalem

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: Gedion Zelalem

Postby Dejan » Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:20 pm

Every midfield in the dutch league is shit :grin:
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Gideons Zelalem

Postby Good Soccer Inc » Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:57 pm

Young tri-national Gideons Zelalem is a 16 year old mid fielder who bears the colossal weight of the USA nationals soccer team on his young shoulders. He is from Germany but has family from Ethiopia (the largest producer of coffee in the world and citizen life expectancy of 42) but most important, Zelalem is also from America and could in fact play for the USA nationals soccer team in the future.

He has already played for the Germany national soccer trials team but this doesn't rule him out from playing for the real USA soccer team yet!! America should be putting all their soccer resources into convincing this future star to play for them. We should fly players like Clint Dempsey and Tim Howard out to his house right now and make them have a chat with him. With the USA he'll never look back and he will be loved and be the best America player the world has ever seen!! We will win even more World Cups and Zelalem will become a legend and remain immortal in the history books!!

This guy has already made appearances for the Cannons first team as well as featuring many times for our junior team!! He looks like a very good player with great tempo if you will and great passing. He is very calm on the ball.

With the USA soccer nationals team on his agenda, Zelalem's career would only go one way: RIGHT TO THE TOP. At Arsenal he could already be a legend for the Cannons and I hope he will choose wisely for his nationals team.

Thank you for your interest.

Go Cannons!!
Good Soccer Inc
Michael Thomas

Postby Massa » Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:15 pm

Merged.
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:04 am

Zelalem insists he won't let hype unsettle him

Gedion Zelalem insists he won't let the hype around him affect his progress at Arsenal.

The 16-year-old, born in Germany on 26 January 1997 of Ethiopian descent, is in line for his debut against FA Cup opponents Tottenham today.

Zelalem was spotted by Arsenal scout and former Gunner Danny Karbassiyoon playing in the Dallas Cup, and impressed during the club's pre-season tour.

“I don’t listen to any hype or anything like that,” Zelalem had said. “I just listen to my parents and the people around me who love me. They keep me grounded, so it’s fine.

“I have really high expectations for myself, so, hopefully, I might be able to make a few appearances this season.

"But I’m still very young, so I have a lot of work to do. I will keep working hard and stay positive all the time.

http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/ ... sfM3fvlMmM
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby Özilfan » Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:00 pm

Özilfan
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Gooner_ESR10 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:04 pm

Meh, dont like the idea of calling these kids the next (insert player name), it could add pressure plus every player is unique.
Gooner_ESR10
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Pudpop » Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:00 pm

He's trending in my home city and he's my age. I feel like such a failure.
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Zedie » Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:02 pm

Pudpop wrote:He's trending in my home city and he's my age. I feel like such a failure.

Bro, i felt a failure when Anelka was making it with us. I could legitimately be Zelalem's father (a very young father but still). You dont know my pain.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Zenith » Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:06 pm

Zedie wrote:
Pudpop wrote:He's trending in my home city and he's my age. I feel like such a failure.

Bro, i felt a failure when Anelka was making it with us. I could legitimately be Zelalem's father (a very young father but still). You dont know my pain.

That's a confession in disguise. :sneaky2:
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby Gunpowder » Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:07 pm

First player younger than Wenger's Arsenal career.
Gunpowder
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Zedie » Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:21 pm

Zenith wrote:
Zedie wrote:

That's a confession in disguise. :sneaky2:

My life's work
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Zenith » Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:23 pm

What a hero
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby Est83 » Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:17 am

Zedie wrote:

Don't give up man, we can still make it!

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby UFGN » Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:28 am

Est83 wrote:
Zedie wrote:

Don't give up man, we can still make it!

Im genuinely better than Cygan was.

Better at kicking oppo anyway.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby AFC10 » Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:40 am

Showed more glimpses last night that the world is at his feet. Not sure whether we'll see him again this season but next season it'll be time to turn it up again and maybe a loan would be beneficial.
AFC10
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

PreviousNext

Return to World Football