Ivan Gazidis

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: 10.6.2013 live Q&A with gazidis and co.

Postby UFGN » Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:28 pm

ivan itchybum wrote:Talk about being overly sensitive... are you really trying to pick a fight with him because he said the word "mong"... Lord what has this place come to

....... And I didnt even say it!
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:31 pm

Royal Gooner wrote:
Plymouth Gooner wrote:If the BBC can use the term 'monger' in one of their headlines then UFGN can use it on here!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-n ... d-15662552

(obscure link, I just googled 'doom and gloom monger' and site:bbc.co.uk)

I think that "monger" and "mong" have completely different definitions.

Well done you for owning a dictionary, but Le Chat was complaining about the word 'monger'.

Le Chat wrote:Glad to see you've deleted your abusive post UFGN.

Somebody doesn't agree with you and you feel the need to get personal and start calling people "mongers". Grow up.
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:32 pm

Royal Gooner wrote:
Plymouth Gooner wrote:If the BBC can use the term 'monger' in one of their headlines then UFGN can use it on here!

You are absolutely right. And I said "monger"

ffs
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby Youngie » Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:33 pm

Go and read the last 3/4 pages of this thread. You cant deny those statements are not personal.

UFGN wrote:I wont go into what you remind me of because we have a brand new warnings system I dont wish to test.

UFGN wrote:You are very manipulative.

UFGN wrote:This isnt about you or your fragile sensibilities

He's on the wind up, simple.

:rolleyes:
Youngie
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Zenith » Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:35 pm

Royal Gooner wrote:

Monger: someone who mongers(sells) something; fish-monger, ironmonger, whoremonger, etc

Mong: slang for spastic, but used against a person who says or does something completely idiotic by accident or without realisation. This makes every witness simultaneously raise their hands to their shoulders and shake 'em while sticking their tongue in their lower lip and making 'urrgh' noises.

urbandictionary.com ftw
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby UFGN » Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:38 pm

Le Chat wrote:Go and read the last 3/4 pages of this thread. You cant deny those statements are not personal.

UFGN wrote:I wont go into what you remind me of because we have a brand new warnings system I dont wish to test.

UFGN wrote:You are very manipulative.

UFGN wrote:This isnt about you or your fragile sensibilities

He's on the wind up, simple.

:rolleyes:

Youve made yourself look very silly and you havent got the decency to apologise.

You are on a permanent wind up.

UFGN

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:38 pm

Re Zenith

Le Chat wrote:
UFGN wrote:

Again somebody doest agree with you and you feel the need to get personal and start calling people "mongers". Grow up.

er, I didnt delete it for any other reason than I wanted to say something else instead.

If I want use the term "one more season monger", I will do without your permission. Its a non offensive term. i know you are new to this forum but youve got plenty to learn about what is and isnt offensive.

1. I'm not new, i was hear before you.

2. Mongers (aka Mong) is offensive.

3. Did you just ignore what Trina said about the new warning system.

Any mods on, could you decide.

Someone buy this guy a dictionary :hiding:
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Youngie » Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:58 pm

Post Edited.

Le Chat - If you have a problem with any posts, just report it, or send a PM to the mods..no need to keep on dragging it.

Please stay on topic now, guys.

- Jay22
Youngie
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby starmandb » Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:04 am

Le Chat wrote:
UFGN wrote:

Again somebody doest agree with you and you feel the need to get personal and start calling people "mongers". Grow up.

er, I didnt delete it for any other reason than I wanted to say something else instead.

If I want use the term "one more season monger", I will do without your permission. Its a non offensive term. i know you are new to this forum but youve got plenty to learn about what is and isnt offensive.

1. I'm not new, i was hear before you.

2. Mongers (aka Mong) is offensive.

3. Did you just ignore what Trina said about the new warning system.

Any mods on, could you decide.

a monger is a peddlar of something or a belief ie warmonger,costermonger doom and gloom monger
it has nothing to do with mongral
you have crossed many roads streets and villages to find this offensive in your backyard
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby friedslice » Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:18 am

to be fair UFGN, you are proper full on and aggressive with your hate vitoral towards wenger and those who defend it, have been for a long time, beyond just disagreeing, I've seen you insult many on here with a 'holier than thou' kind of attitude. doesn't bother me, I'm as guilty as anyone for just saying what I think, and i don't understand how anyone can actually feel insulted by an annonymous persons opinion or comment. but i kind of see gzagees point, you're so happy to be aggressive and in your face from behind a keyboard, maybe you should do the same on match day....
I dont see how you can happily insult others and be so brash about it on here then say you're scared to voice the same extremities inside the ground?!?!
friedslice
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby UFGN » Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:15 am

friedslice wrote:to be fair UFGN, you are proper full on and aggressive with your hate vitoral towards wenger and those who defend it, have been for a long time, beyond just disagreeing, I've seen you insult many on here with a 'holier than thou' kind of attitude. doesn't bother me, I'm as guilty as anyone for just saying what I think, and i don't understand how anyone can actually feel insulted by an annonymous persons opinion or comment. but i kind of see gzagees point, you're so happy to be aggressive and in your face from behind a keyboard, maybe you should do the same on match day....
I dont see how you can happily insult others and be so brash about it on here then say you're scared to voice the same extremities inside the ground?!?!

Sorry I reject that totally. i dont go out of my way to insult people. You are someone who's disagreed with me a lot and I'd suggest youre using the opporunity to have a bit of a dig. After years of addressing the same arguments over and over with different people, you will find a few occasions where Ive overstepped the mark, but I could come back twice as much aimed at me. Difference is I dont usually complain, id rather just carry on.

Its always a challenging subject, the direction the club should be going in. Its always going to get people going and so it bloody should!

I really dont want to carry this crap on but I wasnt willing to ignore that.

UFGN

Postby lexalove » Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:19 am

gzagee wrote:
lexalove wrote:^^ I am being 100% serious when I say I would like one of the "In Arsene We Trust" brigade to explain something to me...

When you're a fan of a club you want that club to do the very best, win whatever league the club is in, win the FA and league cup and the Champions League if applicable. Am I wrong in that assumption?

When you see that the management /owners of the club are not doing everything they can to achieve the same goals how can you be a fan of the club and continue to support the management and owners?

And I accept that it is great that we have a financially well run club, but isn't the purpose of a football club accumulating wealth so that they have the funds to invest in the team on the pitch?

Someone please explain the fault in my logic because looking at some of the posts on this forum and many others I'm obviously missing something?

Not trying to be disrespectful but your comments also give rise to that old classic riposte: why don't you go and support Chelsea/Citeh/ManU?...

Some fans don't base the totality of their support on the number of trophies we win, some support the club for various reasons.

First part is a totally stupid "riposte" as any REAL fan knows once you chose the club you support it's your club for life.

And I would be very interested in you other reasons for supporting Arsenal if it is not to see them be as successful as they can possibly be?
Let's Make Arsenal Great Again!

#CrookedKroenkeOut - #LyingGazidisOut - #CrazyWengerOut
lexalove
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby friedslice » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:40 am

^trophies don't come into the equation whatsoever for me, yes of course it'd be nice and we all love to see our team doing well and being the best, but it's never been a driving force of my support. but then I never had the option to choose a club based on it's success, playing style or players. There's many passionate football fans who support clubs all over the world who may wait decades to see even a minor trophy, that in no way affects their pride and devotion towards their club, I believe I'm the same. When I was a kid the thought of Arsenal going to the likes of Madrid/Milan and turning them over was a distant fantasy, as was challenging for the title, and to be honest it was more enjoyable supporting the Arsenal where a cup run was about the best we could expect than it is now....

I feel blessed for the Arsenal sides I've gotten to watch, but for me football and The Arsenal and the whole culture which exists around runs a whole lot deeper in my life and support than a little bit of glory. My Arsenal support isn't defined by what trophies we win and I feel sorry for anyone who's is.
friedslice
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby UFGN » Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:51 pm

friedslice wrote:^trophies don't come into the equation whatsoever for me, yes of course it'd be nice and we all love to see our team doing well and being the best, but it's never been a driving force of my support. but then I never had the option to choose a club based on it's success, playing style or players. There's many passionate football fans who support clubs all over the world who may wait decades to see even a minor trophy, that in no way affects their pride and devotion towards their club, I believe I'm the same. When I was a kid the thought of Arsenal going to the likes of Madrid/Milan and turning them over was a distant fantasy, as was challenging for the title, and to be honest it was more enjoyable supporting the Arsenal where a cup run was about the best we could expect than it is now....

I feel blessed for the Arsenal sides I've gotten to watch, but for me football and The Arsenal and the whole culture which exists around runs a whole lot deeper in my life and support than a little bit of glory. My Arsenal support isn't defined by what trophies we win and I feel sorry for anyone who's is.

I think you misunderstand my reasons for demanding trophies. To me its the only answer to the corporate infestation which now seems to have a hold of the club.

For me, the reason I support Arsenal goes beyond football. Its almost irrelivent in a strange way that they are a football club. They represent my home, where I grew up. I used to go with a mate of mine when I was 11, when we werent actually going to a match, and just hang around outside the stadium on a match day, just to be there. I lived very close to the ground. Then go play football in Finsbury Park while the match was on.

Im proud that my local club is one of the biggest in the world. But its only a coincidence that it happens to be. As fans we see the downsides of supporting a very big club..... The difficulty getting tickets, the bloody disgraceful prices. So I want to be able to say its all worth it. If I was a Barnet fan id be screaming for promotion every year, and everyone would call it a passionate fan wanting the best for his plucky local club. And for this local club? One thats never been relegated from the top flight of football? Only the World Club Championship is good enough for Arsenal.

UFGN

Postby Leody » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:59 pm

What bugs me about the current situation, is I do not believe that the club is doing everything it can to put the best squad together.

That's what I demand as a fan. Winning obviously would be nice, but if we are doing everything in our power, yet still come up short, I would be fine with that. I don't see that as being the case though. The club's first priority right now appears to be profits. That's not what football is to me.
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

PreviousNext

Return to World Football