Ivan Gazidis

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: 10.6.2013 live Q&A with gazidis and co.

Postby gzagee » Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:32 pm

UFGN wrote:
gzagee wrote:Here's another thing whenever Grabs starts up telling folks they're clowns for supporting this regime I always ask him: why if you're so disgusted with the way things are run don't you protest? If you protest you might find you're not the only one who thinks this cabal needs to be overthrown. Whenever I go to the game I seldom hear any Wenger Out chants :dontknow:
Why not unfurl a banner showing your disgust at the incumbent regime?
Fan power contributed to the sacking of Terry Neil, so why not take a leaf and see where it gets you?
Even if nothing's done at least the board will know the masses are not happy with how things stand because dialogue between the board and AST are too cordial.

You are very manipulative.

I have told you several times why and yet again you pretend to have forgotten.

Youve targeted me personally with the same critisism now for four years. And yet even though ive explained to you more than once about the hostile atmosphere at matches to people who share my opinion, and the high chance of losing my membership and being banned if I protest, you persist.

When I go to Arsenal I only go to watch the match and to support the team, not to have a row with someone

Why, despite this being explained, do you carry on with the same crap? Is it because you just want to undermine opposition to Wenger, or are you suggesting I should keep my mouth shut unless Im willing to be beaten up or banned?

I'm not being manipulative, I'm advising you what might be a better course of action than simply getting on your virtual soapbox and calling anyone who doesn't agree with you sheep or plastic.
Why not grow some Cahunas and publicly protest? Is it all because despite the drivel our team pedal every year you're too scared to voice your opinion?
You know, it's the bold and the brave that start a revolution, not those who sit comfortably in front on their machines.
And so long as you target those who choose to have a different opinion to you I think it's only right they have something to respond to you with.
So yeah, I'll keep bringing this up until I see you leading a demo outside the ground, London Colney or hear you're writing letters to the board.
If I felt as betrayed as much as you and your merry band on here I'd consider doing the same. I could give a toss about bring heckled by some t**t in the ground. Heck, you might even get some sympathisers...
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby UFGN » Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:44 pm

Wow so youre straight out with it, you really do think I should keep my mouth shut unless im willing to potentially get beaten up or banned.

Well sorry, thats not going to happen.

By pretending to others that I havent addressed this issue, or implying that to be the case, you are being manipulative. I dont see you directing the same personal attacks against GunnGunn or Bearcum, and both are every bit as vocal as me.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby gzagee » Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:10 pm

Woah woah woah Grabs, I'm not attacking you. I was advising but seeing as you won't take my advice I'll say it was my opinion.
To be honest I don't come on so much these days so I don't see what Gunns and TIBC write.
What I do see is you saying stuff like "don't make me reopen my thread...." Or some such thing along those lines. It seems you take it personally when someone expresses a view that's not in agreement with Wenger Out.
You seem to be the most vocal. Maybe I'm wrong but that's how it seems.
And I'm not asking you to shit up, my opinion is see if there is anyone out there on match day who feels the same. So you say something negative about the team/tactics/Wenger, what- you telling me there'll be a lynching?
So okay if you can't do it in the ground do it outside. And I say it not only to Grabs but anyone who feels they have a legitimate complaint about the club/players/management.
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby Royal Gooner » Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:26 pm

Zinc wrote:
Royal Gooner wrote:
Zinc wrote:
gzagee wrote:Here's another thing whenever Grabs starts up telling folks they're clowns for supporting this regime I always ask him: why if you're so disgusted with the way things are run don't you protest? If you protest you might find you're not the only one who thinks this cabal needs to be overthrown. Whenever I go to the game I seldom hear any Wenger Out chants :dontknow:
Why not unfurl a banner showing your disgust at the incumbent regime?
Fan power contributed to the sacking of Terry Neil, so why not take a leaf and see where it gets you?
Even if nothing's done at least the board will know the masses are not happy with how things stand because dialogue between the board and AST are too cordial.

Completely agree with this. Instead of wasting energy telling other fans what they can and cannot enjoy and what they must do to meet your standards why not actually use those emotions and that drive to let the club know, try to organise a protest, write letters to the club, boycott or as said above, take a banner to the game. Put your money where your mouth is and stop attacking other fans.

The problem is that Arsenal is not the same as it was in Neil's day. Sadly, the real fans have been priced out and replaced by plastics who couldn't care less what happens in the boardroom. Any organised protest should strike a balance between letting the board know our displeasure without transmitting negativity towards the team. I think the BSM had it with that march last season. Boycotts won't work as the plastics will just take the real fans seats. Letters could work if the club get bombarded with them saying the same thing. If you bring a negative banner as some did last season, you will get attacked verbally by your fellow fans as we don't want anything negative in our area that could affect the team.

I don't want to get involved any further - I see you using the word 'plastics' and I feel sorry for you. This thread is an embarrassment and with that, I'm out.

Why? Because I hate seeing the working class fans priced out? Because I want the atmosphere at Ashburton to improve? Because I care about my fellow Gooners? Because I want the team to play well and not be influenced by outside negativity?
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Youngie » Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:40 pm

Glad to see you've deleted your abusive post UFGN.

Somebody doesn't agree with you and you feel the need to get personal and start calling people "mongers". Grow up.
Last edited by Youngie on Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Youngie
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby UFGN » Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:44 pm

gzagee wrote:Woah woah woah Grabs, I'm not attacking you. I was advising but seeing as you won't take my advice I'll say it was my opinion.
To be honest I don't come on so much these days so I don't see what Gunns and TIBC write.
What I do see is you saying stuff like "don't make me reopen my thread...." Or some such thing along those lines. It seems you take it personally when someone expresses a view that's not in agreement with Wenger Out.
You seem to be the most vocal. Maybe I'm wrong but that's how it seems.
And I'm not asking you to shit up, my opinion is see if there is anyone out there on match day who feels the same. So you say something negative about the team/tactics/Wenger, what- you telling me there'll be a lynching?
So okay if you can't do it in the ground do it outside. And I say it not only to Grabs but anyone who feels they have a legitimate complaint about the club/players/management.

I started that thread but im not the only one in that corner, not nowadays lol.

It doesnt matter how I express it, we still get the same brick wall responses from some WKB. I dont understand how it can be controvertial to ask people to "focus on YOUR job as a fan. Demand trophies.... Dont be an armchair acountant". I see that as a positive message.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby UFGN » Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:52 pm

Le Chat wrote:Glad to see you've deleted your abusive post UFGN.

Again somebody doest agree with you and you feel the need to get personal and start calling people "mongers". Grow up.

er, I didnt delete it for any other reason than I wanted to say something else instead.

If I want use the term "one more season monger", I will do without your permission. Its a non offensive term. i know you are new to this forum but youve got plenty to learn about what is and isnt offensive.

UFGN

Postby Youngie » Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:56 pm

UFGN wrote:

Again somebody doest agree with you and you feel the need to get personal and start calling people "mongers". Grow up.

er, I didnt delete it for any other reason than I wanted to say something else instead.

If I want use the term "one more season monger", I will do without your permission. Its a non offensive term. i know you are new to this forum but youve got plenty to learn about what is and isnt offensive.

1. I'm not new, i was hear before you.

2. Mongers (aka Mong) is offensive.

3. Did you just ignore what Trina said about the new warning system.

Any mods on, could you decide.
Youngie
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Royal Gooner » Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:03 pm

Le Chat wrote:
UFGN wrote:

By my count, he should have had 2 already.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby UFGN » Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:07 pm

Le Chat wrote:
UFGN wrote:

Why do you always feel the need to involve mods and/or try to get threads locked?

Theres something really important you need to consider here. Something I actually cant believe im having to ask.

What is a fishmonger? What is an ironmonger?

UFGN

Postby Youngie » Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:13 pm

Oh behave....

fishmonger are you serious. Why don't you just admit it instead of trying to twist it. How on earth did anything you said relate to fishmonger or ironmonger.

You were calling members Mongs, end of.

:rolleyes:
Youngie
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby UFGN » Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:20 pm

Le Chat wrote:Oh behave....

fishmonger are you serious. Why don't you just admit it instead of trying to twist it. How on earth did anything you said relate to fishmonger or ironmonger.

You were calling members Mongs, end of.

:rolleyes:

You are waaaay off the mark here and I would like an apology. I use the term "Wengermonger" or "one more year monger" in the context of fishmonger or ironmonger. Ive been doing it for ages. It is non offensive. If youve twisted it round thats your problem.

I actually cant believe this :doh:

UFGN

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:22 pm

If the BBC can use the term 'monger' in one of their headlines then UFGN can use it on here!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-n ... d-15662552

(obscure link, I just googled 'doom and gloom monger' and site:bbc.co.uk)
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby ivan itchybum » Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:25 pm

Talk about being overly sensitive... are you really trying to pick a fight with him because he said the word "mong"... Lord what has this place come to
gooney wrote: I will have a bet with anyone who is willing to take Newcastle will finish ahead of us...how about loser leaves the forum?

13th of May 2012 Arsenal beat West Brom 3-2 to finish 3rd ahead of Newcastle. Gooney is still yet to leave the forum...

"Have faith in Ramsey, he'll come good"
ivan itchybum
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Royal Gooner » Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:27 pm

Plymouth Gooner wrote:If the BBC can use the term 'monger' in one of their headlines then UFGN can use it on here!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-n ... d-15662552

(obscure link, I just googled 'doom and gloom monger' and site:bbc.co.uk)

I think that "monger" and "mong" have completely different definitions.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

PreviousNext

Return to World Football