Ivan Gazidis

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: 10.6.2013 live Q&A with gazidis and co.

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:38 pm

Leody wrote:What bugs me about the current situation, is I do not believe that the club is doing everything it can to put the best squad together.

That's what I demand as a fan. Winning obviously would be nice, but if we are doing everything in our power, yet still come up short, I would be fine with that. I don't see that as being the case though. The club's first priority right now appears to be profits. That's not what football is to me.

Spot on!
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
White Saliba Gabriel Zinchenko
(Tomiyasu/Niles) (Timber/Holding) (Trusty/Kiwior) (Tierney/Tavares)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
(Xhaka/Lokonga) —- (Partey/Elneny)
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli
(Pepe/Nelson) (Nketiah/Balogun) (Trossard/ESR)

Last Updated: 07/02/23
CrimsonGunner11
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner

Postby friedslice » Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:50 am

Leody wrote:What bugs me about the current situation, is I do not believe that the club is doing everything it can to put the best squad together.

That's what I demand as a fan. Winning obviously would be nice, but if we are doing everything in our power, yet still come up short, I would be fine with that. I don't see that as being the case though. The club's first priority right now appears to be profits. That's not what football is to me.

pretty much my take on it. don't care if we're the greatest, so long as our players bleed the club and put their hardest effort in every game, as long as the board and owners do what was best for the fans/club/traditions/history/honour/dignity of The Arsenal. that's all i ask for and we used to do that. And it was a better time imo.
friedslice
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby lexalove » Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:10 am

Agree 110% Leody.

However people like gzagee seem to have some other agenda which i can't get my head around??? Must be an accountant or something??? :hiding:

Sent using Tapatalk 2
Let's Make Arsenal Great Again!

#CrookedKroenkeOut - #LyingGazidisOut - #CrazyWengerOut
lexalove
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby starmandb » Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:31 am

friedslice wrote:

pretty much my take on it. don't care if we're the greatest, so long as our players bleed the club and put their hardest effort in every game, as long as the board and owners do what was best for the fans/club/traditions/history/honour/dignity of The Arsenal. that's all i ask for and we used to do that. And it was a better time imo.

pretty much agree except the bit about the greatest
i want us to be the greatest
finishing 17th and sitting over there with 14,000 watching terry mancini struggle to beat burnley was as shit then as it would be today
and the wombles and the goodies were in the charts
strange country the past
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby friedslice » Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:46 am

^quality post!

what made them days bearable was cheap tickets and the fact you could still have fun at football outside of the actual result.
friedslice
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Royal Gooner » Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:08 pm

friedslice wrote:^quality post!

what made them days bearable was cheap tickets and the fact you could still have fun at football outside of the actual result.

True, even though it was before my time. Blasted anti-discrimination campaigns stopped anyone having any fun and greedy directors put the prices up.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Re: Ivan Gazidis

Postby Zenith » Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:47 pm

Milan fans are livid with Gazidis' decision to sack Giampaolo prematurely without giving him a real chance and without having a replacement lined up.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ACMilan/commen ... ever_seen/
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Previous

Return to World Football