International Transfer Rumours and Deals

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: International Transfer Rumours and Deals

Postby BS221B » Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:47 pm

PSG's president is in Madrid to pay Oblak's €100M release clause

my god...
BS221B
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Angelito » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:22 pm

PSG pushing the boundaries of transfers like it's never been pushed before. :P
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby StLGooner » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:24 pm

I suddenly don't like them anymore. Good thing I have room on my "most hated teams" list.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Zenith » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:27 pm

Now watch PSG ''fans'' across the globe pop up like weeds on a cracked driveway.

Would be hilarious to see a fourth team humiliate PSG domestically by wining the league title. First Lille (to a lesser extent), then Montpellier and last year Monaco.

Absolute joke of a football club regardless of what they ''achieve'' in the near future.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby Zedie » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:08 pm

BS221B wrote:
PSG's president is in Madrid to pay Oblak's €100M release clause

my god...

Yup. They technically haven't spent any of the club's money yet so this will be their first signing of the summer. Still plenty to go before ffp kicks in. What a farce.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Zenith » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:07 pm

Ultimately it's the highly incompetent and corrupt FIFA council with Gianni Infantino as president who are responsible for the many loopholes in their FFP regulations. Still, that doesn't change the fact PSG are a vile football club that is contributing to the death of the football we grew up watching and everything it once stood for and represented.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby StLGooner » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:36 pm

Anybody want a wage and transfer cap yet? I've only been saying this since I joined this forum 10 years ago.

I know it wouldn't be so easy to implement and it magically fixes all the issues with football, but something has to give FFS!!!
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Zedie » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:53 pm

StLGooner wrote:Anybody want a wage and transfer cap yet? I've only been saying this since I joined this forum 10 years ago.

I know it wouldn't be so easy to implement and it magically fixes all the issues with football, but something has to give FFS!!!

I'd be fine with it. I started getting tired after tax payers from various countries began indirectly funding some of these clubs in various ways.

To think that there are people dying of poverty in some of these countries or that some inhabitants are suffering while funds that could be used to correct that is being used on signings really sickens me.

That I'm partly contributing to it by following and spending money doing that is starting to turn me off of top flight football.

If arsenal were indirectly or even directly funded by British tax payers money, id quit in a heart beat.

Another thing that's putting me off is the ever increasing trend to not even bother letting youngsters that have been brought up in a ridiculously expensive youth system actually play a senior game for the club. Ok they aren't all going to make it but at least let one have a chance.

Chelsea have a multiple winning youth team that will never see Stamford bridge in a top flight game unless they get tickets.

This PSG situation is the icing on a disgusting pile of shit that has become elite football.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby StLGooner » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:58 pm

Zedie wrote:
StLGooner wrote:Anybody want a wage and transfer cap yet? I've only been saying this since I joined this forum 10 years ago.

I'd be fine with it. I started getting tired after tax payers from various countries began indirectly funding some of these clubs in various ways.

To think that there are people dying of poverty in some of these countries or that some inhabitants are suffering while funds that could be used to correct that is being used on signings really sickens me.

That I'm partly contributing to it by following and spending money doing that is starting to turn me off of top flight football.

If arsenal were indirectly or even directly funded by British tax payers money, id quit in a heart beat.

Another thing that's putting me off is the ever increasing trend to not even bother letting youngsters that have been brought up in a ridiculously expensive youth system actually play a senior game for the club. Ok they aren't all going to make it but at least let one have a chance.

Chelsea have a multiple winning youth team that will never see Stamford bridge in a top flight game unless they get tickets.

This PSG situation is the icing on a disgusting pile of shit that has become elite football.

Right!

I know a lot of non Americans are afraid of it because they think it's just another thing getting Americanized, and I don't blame them, we f**k up a lot of shit and ruin a lot of other peoples traditions, but this may be something we got right.

It would have to be a world wide cap though, otherwise one league that didn't have it might start to take over.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Schlandi » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:03 pm

Qatar Airways is the favorite to replace Fly Emirates as PSG shirt sponsor.. :rolleyes:
http://www.footyheadlines.com/2017/08/paris-saint-germain-to-terminate-fly-emirates-deal.html

#GoonersWorldExcuses
- Their goalkeerper had the game of his life
- We should have had 10+ penalties .. shit ref
- If long term injured player xyz would have been available we would have won easily
Schlandi
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Zedie » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:24 am

SchlandGooner wrote:Qatar Airways is the favorite to replace Fly Emirates as PSG shirt sponsor.. :rolleyes:
http://www.footyheadlines.com/2017/08/paris-saint-germain-to-terminate-fly-emirates-deal.html

They don't even care that everyone knows. 500m per year 'commercial deal' incoming.

I legitimately hope they win f**k all for eternity now.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Angelito » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:30 am

Guys, I'd like to ask: Is PSG any worse than Madrid—the one club that started this damn mess—and Chelsea, who destroyed the transfer market in general? Or City, the club that started the whole trend of overpaying for half decent players?

Isn't what PSG doing a mere continuation of what Madrid did with their Galas, and what Chelsea and City have done for years? Even if Chelsea have sobered up, they're equally guilty of destroying the transfer market's equilibrium.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Fenice » Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:26 am

Agree with Angelito. A lot of players in this mess. Enough blame to pass around a bit.
Fenice
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby LMAO » Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:20 am

lmao Qatar Saint-Germain is playing real-life FIFA 10 with that billion dollar glitch. Nasser is actually going in with f**k you money after that 6-1 and losing the title to Monaco. This is unreal.

Live scenes from PSG's corporate offices:
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby LMAO » Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:46 am

Angelito wrote:Guys, I'd like to ask: Is PSG any worse than Madrid—the one club that started this damn mess—and Chelsea, who destroyed the transfer market in general? Or City, the club that started the whole trend of overpaying for half decent players?

Isn't what PSG doing a mere continuation of what Madrid did with their Galas, and what Chelsea and City have done for years? Even if Chelsea have sobered up, they're equally guilty of destroying the transfer market's equilibrium.

Nope, which is why I find it so hilarious that a lot of people are in an uproar over this. It's been going on since the beginning of club football and transfers. You could say Aston Villa started it in 1893, continuing with Arsenal breaking the transfer record fee by 67.5% in 1928, Barca buying Cruyff for almost double the previous record, Liverpool in the 80s, Italian clubs in the 80s and 90s, Newcastle and Shearer, the original Galacticos, Chelsea completely inflating the market to levels never seen before, City's takeover, and the new PL money and now PSG.

Sure, PSG is backed by a state, but tbh, it's not so dissimilar from billionaires, monarchs, Gazprom, Red Bull, etc. owning clubs to be their playthings/diversification/advertisements—rich owner/company buys players for what is perceived as outrageous fees, thereby destroying the soul of football, yadda yadda yadda.

There will be a new insane takeover of a European club in the future, and many people will hate that club too. It's inevitable with the current state of European football.

It sucks for fans of bottom feeder clubs, but that's the way the cookie crumbles.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

PreviousNext

Return to World Football