International Transfer Rumours and Deals

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: International Transfer Rumours and Deals

Postby BexleyGooner » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:42 pm

Lamar to Ath Madrid looks on the verge of done.
BexleyGooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby elber » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:23 pm

Koke - Saul - Rodri - Lemar

Nice midfield Atleti assembling there tbf.
elber
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Angelito » Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:41 pm

Huh?
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Angelito » Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:15 am

Ozil in 2010, James in 2014 and now Hazard in 2018

It's well established that Florentino Perez likes to fish at a World Cup. Mesut Ozil and James Rodriguez can attest to that.

In this tournament, in the midst of Cristiano Ronaldo agitating to leave the club, Real Madrid are watching matches with an eye on filling a hole so significant that it seems impossible to do so with just one player.

One such player, however, is Eden Hazard, a player who Zinedine Zidane showed a weakness for, and who's often been in the sight lines of Los Blancos.

The club are also interesting a player who has been leaving messages every few minutes professing his admiration for the Spanish giants.

If he doesn't end up playing in Madrid, it won't be for a lack of trying, both on the pitch and off it.

Real had a particular focus on the first knockout round clash in last season's Champions League between Chelsea and Barcelona.

Hazard, despite Chelsea impressing in both matches, didn't stand out and the performance of Willian overshadowed the Belgian.

Chelsea's No.10 has endured a difficult season in a team that has had a poisonous dressing room, with many players having a rocky relationship with Antonio Conte.

Hazard's detractors cling to his inconsistency as a way to keep him from a brighter future.

His second chance is the World Cup and he hasn't wasted it, playing at a high level for Belgium throughout the competition.

Against Brazil he went up a gear.

He was the best player in a historic victory, one which cemented Belgium coming of age and shaking the tag of underachievers.

He stood out on a pitch full of stars, Neymar included, and Brazil felt like they were living through a nightmare trying to defend against him.

In the first half he showed skill, but in the second he demanded the ball and was the only player who could give breathing space to a team that were clearly suffering.

He showed footballing ability and leadership.

Hazard has a handicap in that his position on the pitch makes him incompatible with Neymar in Madrid.

That obstacle looks insurmountable today, but the Chelsea forward's World Cup isn't over whilst Neymar's is.'

What if Belgium win the World Cup with Hazard as their star performer?
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Zedie » Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:02 am

Hazard WF
Bale ST

Damn
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby LMAO » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:05 pm

Since Ang closed the Ronaldo thread: I can't believe Zidane and Ronaldo left in the same offseason :( I'll miss Ronaldo and all he's done over the past 9 seasons, but I'll cherish the moments of joy he brought Madridistas worldwide. It's the beginning of the end for this current Madrid side. Modric, Ramos, and Marcelo will probably be phased out and sold over the next 2-3 seasons. One thing that sucks about Real is not letting legends end their careers at the club, but I understand because sentimentality can hold a club back (see: Wenger, Arsene).

I've previously said on here that Real may not score as many goals without Cristiano, but the play should be more fluid.

El Clasico won't be the same without Ron, but the same weird transition happened after the first Galactico era. Good luck to him at Juve.

The biggest positive will be all the Ronaldo fanboys finally fvcking off.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

To get back on topic:
•Napoli may offer €40m for Benzema.
•Odriozola joined Real. Carvajal finally won't have to play nearly every game, and Real has more depth at RB (love Nacho, but he should stay at CB as much as possible).
•€45m Vinicius will join Real for preseason, but I don't see him staying for the season—probably a loan to a lower La Liga side.
https://www.si.com/soccer/2018/07/09/real-madrid-saving-number-7-shirt-eden-hazard-after-expected-cristiano-ronaldo-exit

Didn't want Hazard, but after this World Cup and Ronaldo leaving, YES PLEASE. Icardi will forever be a c*** to me, but I wouldn't say no to:
Bale - Icardi - Hazard

Orgasmic.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Zenith » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:08 pm

As long as Real Madrid fans and Flo are wise enough to never entertain the idea of Hazard being a Ronaldo replacement, he is bound to become a success there.

All providing there is truth to the latest rumors, that is.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby LMAO » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:45 pm

Zenith wrote:As long as Real Madrid fans and Flo are wise enough to never entertain the idea of Hazard being a Ronaldo replacement, he is bound to become a success there.

All providing there is truth to the latest rumors, that is.

From what I've been reading online, most people are being levelheaded about the possibility of Hazard turning into an elite goalscorer. As long as he continues to be an elite dribbler who constantly gets into dangerous areas, he'll be well-received by the notorious Bernabeu crowd.

If anything, Bale's goal tally should increase since he'll be given free rein without Ronaldo; should Bale remain healthy, I wouldn't bet against a 40 goal season. Because of his injuries, it seems like a lot of people forget he's a top 5 attacking player.

Hazard would be the second Belgian player at Real, right?
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Zedie » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:42 am

Open letter to Cripps:

The forum is here for you at this difficult time.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Ach » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:49 am

Zedie wrote:Open letter to Cripps:

The forum is here for you at this difficult time.

Why?

Loving it tbh

Always been a Juve fan
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Manoban » Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:07 am

He'll do it in 3 leagues and for his country

Meanwhile at Bar...
Manoban
Charlie George
Charlie George

European club transfer rumours

Postby Phil71 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:10 pm

Roma have a bid accepted for Malcom from Bordeaux. He’s expected in Rome this evening for a medical tomorrow. Lots of Roma fans waiting at the airport.

He doesn’t show.

Rumours that Barcelona have come in with a bid.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Re: European club transfer rumours

Postby Santi » Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:41 pm

Already a thread mate

viewtopic.php?f=66&t=24922&start=2985

But yeah sounds odd, would be a big step up if Barca came in for him but seems like they've given up on Willian. Makes me wish we'd gotten him last year after all.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Zenith » Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:49 pm

Gutted if we miss out on Malcom.

Very gifted player with an amazing left foot.

Great from direct set pieces as well - something our squad lacks.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Re: European club transfer rumours

Postby Phil71 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:35 am

Santi wrote:Already a thread mate

viewtopic.php?f=66&t=24922&start=2985

But yeah sounds odd, would be a big step up if Barca came in for him but seems like they've given up on Willian. Makes me wish we'd gotten him last year after all.

Cheers. I thought there must be. :-)
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

PreviousNext

Return to World Football