International Transfer Rumours and Deals

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: International Transfer Rumours and Deals

Postby EliteKiller » Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:20 am

StLGooner wrote:Anybody want a wage and transfer cap yet? I've only been saying this since I joined this forum 10 years ago.

I know it wouldn't be so easy to implement and it magically fixes all the issues with football, but something has to give FFS!!!

You'd have to apply a uniform tax across all Leagues (and Countries), you'd have to change the employment laws in a dozen countries, you'd have to 'fix' currency rates for footballers, you'd have to 'fund' the smaller clubs to reach a salary cap, you'd have to get top earning players to accept massive pay cuts, etc. etc. etc .......

and most impossibly -

you'd have to get the rich clubs to give up their power to the poor ones .... that's turkeys voting for x-mas

IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN

This is not a new phenomenon, there have always been successful wealthy clubs, superstar players, large contracts ...

Unlike sports that are played in just one Country, and so can be governed by just one set of laws, football is played in dozens of Countries all with very different laws ... they haven't managed to align VAT in Europe despite twenty years of trying, there's not a hope off aligning football clubs wages and taxes, even if it were legally allowable, which in most Countries it currently isn't ....
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby knowledge93 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:56 am

Apparently Coutinho has handed in a transfer request
knowledge93
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby StLGooner » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:02 pm

EliteKiller wrote:
StLGooner wrote:Anybody want a wage and transfer cap yet? I've only been saying this since I joined this forum 10 years ago.

I know it wouldn't be so easy to implement and it magically fixes all the issues with football, but something has to give FFS!!!

You'd have to apply a uniform tax across all Leagues (and Countries), you'd have to change the employment laws in a dozen countries, you'd have to 'fix' currency rates for footballers, you'd have to 'fund' the smaller clubs to reach a salary cap, you'd have to get top earning players to accept massive pay cuts, etc. etc. etc .......

and most impossibly -

you'd have to get the rich clubs to give up their power to the poor ones .... that's turkeys voting for x-mas

IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN

This is not a new phenomenon, there have always been successful wealthy clubs, superstar players, large contracts ...

Unlike sports that are played in just one Country, and so can be governed by just one set of laws, football is played in dozens of Countries all with very different laws ... they haven't managed to align VAT in Europe despite twenty years of trying, there's not a hope off aligning football clubs wages and taxes, even if it were legally allowable, which in most Countries it currently isn't ....

I don't agree, I think it can happen, I don't think some of those things are true. It wouldn't be easy yes, but it could happen. You can't sit there and say it will never happen, that's silly.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby elkanofan » Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:21 am

StLGooner wrote:
EliteKiller wrote:

and most impossibly -

IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN

I don't agree, I think it can happen, I don't think some of those things are true. It wouldn't be easy yes, but it could happen. You can't sit there and say it will never happen, that's silly.

I agree too. Football is broken and these issues need to be brought up to show ways of football improving!
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby BS221B » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:37 pm

Barcelona sign Paulinho from Guangzhou Evergrande for £36.5m

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/articl ... rande.html

dead team.
BS221B
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Angelito » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:43 pm

What the hell?

Bartomeu has to be one of the most selfish and incompetent Presidents in recent Barca history. The man is hell bent upon destroying Barca.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby BS221B » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:59 pm

Angelito wrote:What the hell?

Bartomeu has to be one of the most selfish and incompetent Presidents in recent Barca history. The man is hell bent upon destroying Barca.

Piqué: "When I tweeted 'Se Queda' I knew that Neymar was leaving. It was the last bullet. I tried. He got mad at me."

"At Leo's wedding, Dani convinced Neymar to leave to PSG."

This club :dontknow: cancer from players to management.
BS221B
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby knowledge93 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:54 am

It's not enough having Andre Gomes now they have to add Paulinho for 36 million. Someone must be sabotaging Barca from the inside.
knowledge93
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby LMAO » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:27 am

And long may it continue. I love this new Barca :1970_two_smileys_drinking_beer_together.gif:
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby BS221B » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:27 pm

Paulinho's transfer to Barcelona confirmed by Guangzhou coach Scolari: "The high price paid by Barcelona in order to sign him is a strong recognition of Guangzhou Evergrande Football Club. We wish him all the best and that he can embrace a bright future."

http://www.espnfc.com/story/3178987/pau ... ch-scolari
BS221B
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Zenith » Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:13 pm

Bacca joins Villarreal on loan from Milan.

Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby BS221B » Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:17 pm

Barcelona agree to 150M deal for Dembele (120M+ 30M in addons)

http://www.beinsports.com/us/bundesliga ... emb/629156

Barca is taken to the cleaners by BVB.
BS221B
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Zedie » Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:43 pm

BS221B wrote:
Barcelona agree to 150M deal for Dembele (120M+ 30M in addons)

http://www.beinsports.com/us/bundesliga ... emb/629156

Barca is taken to the cleaners by BVB.

Wow
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby BS221B » Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:19 pm

Simeone got his number one thug back.
BS221B
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Schlandi » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:25 pm

Benedikt Höwedes from Schalke to Juventus on loan (3.5m€ plus buy option and addons a total of 19m€ is possible according to Kicker)
U21-EC winner Jeremy Toljan from Hoffenheim to Dortmund (7m€ fee + maybe addons according to Kicker)
Andrey Yarmolenko from Kiev to Dortmund for 25m€ (bargain imo)
Oliver Burke from Leipzig to WBA for 15.2m€.
Kevin Prince Boateng as free agent to Frankfurt.
Renato Sanches from Bayern to Swansea on loan for 8.5m€ without a buy option for Swansea.

Rumours:
Panagiotis Retsos from Olympiacos Piraeus to Leverkusen for 22m€
Kevin Kampl from Leverkusen to Leipzig for around 18m€

#GoonersWorldExcuses
- Their goalkeerper had the game of his life
- We should have had 10+ penalties .. shit ref
- If long term injured player xyz would have been available we would have won easily
Schlandi
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

PreviousNext

Return to World Football