Cesc Fàbregas

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Cesc Fabregas

Postby swipe right » Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:29 pm

Power n Glory wrote:
swipe right wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
swipe right wrote:Cesc looks out for Cesc. He’s trying to reconnect with Arsenal fans cause he knows retirement is coming soon and the only fans that will give him any attention are Arsenal fans. He really doesn’t have any connection with Barca, Chelsea or Monaco fans.

Cesc has been pretty consistent with his support for Arsenal since leaving. He's never been disrespectful but obviously there are still a lot of fans that can't get over it.

Dude, there was a lot of bad blood towards the end. The incident with Reina, mingling with the Barca bench when they were playing against us, encouraging Xavi and Pique to take shots at us. And I think at one point he even threatened to strike to force the move.

Case and point. You're part of a group that's still holding some hurt over it and still sound bitter. After he left he's never been disrespectful and has always shower support for the club when he hasn't needed to.

No no not at all. I have nothing against Cesc. What he did was totally understandable. My point is his affection for Arsenal is to the extent he can get something out of us. Reality of life.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Angelito » Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:42 am

swipe right wrote:Cesc looks out for Cesc. He’s trying to reconnect with Arsenal fans cause he knows retirement is coming soon and the only fans that will give him any attention are Arsenal fans. He really doesn’t have any connection with Barca, Chelsea or Monaco fans.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Rockape » Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:58 am

Angelito wrote:

Maybe, but possibly because he now knows that he spent his happiest years at Arsenal and it’s only now he’s close to the end that he realises this.

Either way, I only have good memories of his time with us and still recall my total admiration of his performances at the time.
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Dejan » Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:44 am

He doesnt need to reconnect

He will always be in our hearts

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Power n Glory » Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:58 am

No need to reconnect at all. What he's said recently is the same as what he's said when playing for Chelsea.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... ity-shield

“Whatever it is, it is. The love I have for that club will never change whatever happens and what is the most important is what I have with me are the memories,”

It's like Petr Cech. He's always going to love Chelsea regardless despite being held in high regard here at Arsenal.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby swipe right » Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:35 am

I loved fabregas the player and sympathized with what he went through in his last few seasons. But never really respected him as a man. I thought the way he used his Barca connections to force a move was shallow. His departure was the end of the youth project and something we never recovered from.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:51 pm

When he went to chelsea Wenger said Cesc "landed where he wanted to go". I never understood that quote or bothered to look for it in context.
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Power n Glory » Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:15 pm

swipe right wrote:I loved fabregas the player and sympathized with what he went through in his last few seasons. But never really respected him as a man. I thought the way he used his Barca connections to force a move was shallow. His departure was the end of the youth project and something we never recovered from.

'Respected him as a man?' That's a pretty immature perspective. He was 24 when he left Arsenal. He made a difficult decision that was best for his career, he could have gone about it better but he was 24. I think this is one of problems with football fans. Slightly delusional. We had eldery men like Wenger and Board members that would happily use up a players talent just to crunch the numbers knowing they'll never achieve all that they should.

It would really hurt to look back on Cesc's career and see he never won a major trophy in his career. When I look back at Henry, I always feel that disappointment that he never won the CL with us or the Balon D'Or. Same goes for Bergkamp because I feel these two should be spoken of in that light. That's how I feel as a fan watching them play so I can only imagine what it's like as player feeling that way.

Cesc touched on it in the interview when speaking about Totti staying at Roma his whole career and not achieving all a player of his ability could achieve. When players take a club as far they can, it's on the club to pay that back and invest more in the club to help push us on. We didn't do that and the blame is on the club and Wenger. Makes no sense how you can't hold grown men in charge accountable but you're laying the blame on one 24 year old player that left almost 10 years ago. We still haven't achieved what we should have to this day.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Zenith » Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:25 pm

Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby Angelito » Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:02 pm

Zenith wrote:https://www.goal.com/en/news/sagna-hits-back-at-fabregas-over-harsh-arsenal-comments/1st8xve5is9um122r9talyrf85

Cesc was surrounded by top, top players. Even if we think of the Emirates era, he had Rosicky, Nasri, Arshavin, van Persie, Sagna, Flamini, Hleb, Eduardo, Adebayor, etc. around him.

But, as always, he simply wants to deflect. When Barca sold him, they wrote explicitly in their website that his performances always dropped after January. That's what happened during his time here too.

I can understand, and I respect Gooners' reverence towards him. I can't do, and I don't feel the same. I have much love for Rosicky, van Persie, Alexis, Ozil, Sagna, and Arshavin than I ever had for Cesc.

In his interview, he threw a lot of players under the bus. When he was with us, we had to go through the will he, won't he for nearly two seasons.

I'd rather trust the word of a man who devoted two decades of his life to Arsenal than a sneaky figure like Cesc. Cesc went where he wanted to.

van Persie and Alexis left for ManU. But van Persie signed off by having arguably the greatest season by a Gunner before doing so. And, Alexis? He's simply the most influential player we've had since our move to the Emirates. Love to both. Cesc, no.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Marsbar100 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:35 pm

Most them players left early, had injury issues or just bad attitudes, if the players you mentioned had of been fit at certain times or stayed a bit longer l am certain we would have won a big title

You won't rate cesc because he didn't win enough, I think he proved in 14/15 that he was good enough to win the pl, he was a important player playing cm way past his arsenal prime.
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner

Postby swipe right » Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:59 pm

The 07/08 squad was dope.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Marsbar100 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:23 am

Rvp, rosicky and eduardo between them missed 64 league games in 07/08
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:19 am

Marsbar100 wrote:Rvp, rosicky and eduardo between them missed 64 league games in 07/08

The real tragedy is RVP missing so many games during the 09/10 season when Cesc was at his best.

We win the league if those two were able to play together consistently that season.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Angelito » Sun Mar 29, 2020 2:08 am

Va-Va-Voom wrote:
Marsbar100 wrote:Rvp, rosicky and eduardo between them missed 64 league games in 07/08

The real tragedy is RVP missing so many games during the 09/10 season when Cesc was at his best.

We win the league if those two were able to play together consistently that season.

The Emirates Tragedy.

We win the League in 07/08 if we had a dime to spend.

We win the League in 09/10 if van Persie had played 38 games, or if we had a good back-up striker.

We win the League in 10/11 if we didn't collapse mentally after Birmingham.

We win the League in 13/14 if Ramsey didn't pick up that injury.

We win the League in 15/16 if we had a world class striker.

Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club