Aaron Ramsey

All UK football including, Scottish/Irish/Welsh Leagues and Cups. Also, domestic transfer gossip and news.

Re: Aaron Ramsey?

Postby Est83 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:52 pm

Massa, no way is Ramsey`s vision better than Wilshere. He improved massively toward the end of last season, but that was more in maturity, positioning, game reading etc. His vision and direct passing has always lacked.

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby Diaby24AFC » Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:58 pm

Est83 wrote:Massa, no way is Ramsey`s vision better than Wilshere. He improved massively toward the end of last season, but that was more in maturity, positioning, game reading etc. His vision and direct passing has always lacked.

Do you know whose vision is better than both of theirs? Hint: it's not Rosicky or Cazorla.
Diaby24AFC
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:59 pm

Reading back over the last few pages I have to admit, I hated Ramsey for a looong time, didn't think he had good enough control, he used to pass the ball into the stands (Milan game e.g), run into nowhere and was never a CAM hence why Rosicky came and rescued us when he took back that position season before last ......... however.

Ramsey is being sold short here, at the moment he is AHEAD of Wilshere in the team, don't let the bias for little Jack fool you, Ramsey would of been man of the match 4-5 times toward the end of the season, it was only some master classes from Cazorla that made him 2nd best.

Ramsey at present is doing the job we needed Song or Frimpong to do, chasing down, mopping up and giving us some needed steel in the team, he's got an engine that lasts all game and is one of the most important parts of our midfield atm, so much so I think he's outshining Arteta on occasions.

Wilshere has got a long way to go before he gets enough form back to be so important right now, hoping he does but its not there yet.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:24 pm

There is a reason why Wilshere would command over 40m quid if decide to sell him tomorrow and Ramsey would struggle to fetch a third of that.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby Kyle? » Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:28 pm

Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:There is a reason why Wilshere would command over 40m quid if decide to sell him tomorrow and Ramsey would struggle to fetch a third of that.

Because Wilshere in English and seen as the saviour of the English team, and Ramsey is just a "dumb sheep-sh*gger"

(It's not racist or xenophobic, i'm Welsh)
Fatal Descent
Spinning around
I've gone too far
To turn back round

Desperate attempt
Stop the progression
At any length
Lift this obsession

Arsenal In, Arsene Out
Kyle?
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Leody » Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:29 pm

Because Jack is more marketable and would sell shirts? And Aaron is Welsh and not as popular?
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby JohnDuval » Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:31 pm

are we actually comparing wilshere and Ramsey? Really? Some of you lot have to watch some of our games mid last season again
JohnDuval
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:32 pm

Leody wrote:Because Jack is more marketable and would sell shirts? And Aaron is Welsh and not as popular?

Wilshere is easily twice the play Ramsey is. Its funny how a decent run of form has clouded people's judgement. For me Wilshere is a complete midfielder one who has the ability to grab a game by its b*lls and dictate it.
Last edited by Arsenal~Fanatic on Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby JohnDuval » Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:35 pm

Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:
Leody wrote:Because Jack is more marketable and would sell shirts? And Aaron is Welsh and not as popular?

Wilshere is easily twice the play Ramsey is.

Easily, but Ramsey and arteta compliment each other well at the moment, there will come a time when wilshere will be too good for the bench either that or he develops well as a cam
JohnDuval
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Kyle? » Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:36 pm

Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:

Wilshere is easily twice the play Ramsey is. Its funny how a decent run of form has clouded people's judgement. For me Wilsher is a complete midfielder one who has the ability to grab a game by its b*lls and dictate it.

Or fall over and win a free kick instead of carrying on a good counter...
Fatal Descent
Spinning around
I've gone too far
To turn back round

Desperate attempt
Stop the progression
At any length
Lift this obsession

Arsenal In, Arsene Out
Kyle?
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:37 pm

Wilshere when fit is probably the first name i would put on the team sheet.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby Kyle? » Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:40 pm

Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:Wilshere when fit is probably the first name i would put on the team sheet.

Rosicky for me.
Fatal Descent
Spinning around
I've gone too far
To turn back round

Desperate attempt
Stop the progression
At any length
Lift this obsession

Arsenal In, Arsene Out
Kyle?
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Massa » Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:42 pm

Wilshere and Ramsey are on the same level for me.
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby Est83 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:43 pm

Diaby24AFC wrote:
Est83 wrote:Massa, no way is Ramsey`s vision better than Wilshere. He improved massively toward the end of last season, but that was more in maturity, positioning, game reading etc. His vision and direct passing has always lacked.

Do you know whose vision is better than both of theirs? Hint: it's not Rosicky or Cazorla.

Rosicky has the more superior vision in our squad, both in the intricate, direct through balls, and the long range counter plays. Others have better long range passing, but he sees the pass better than any midfielder we have.

You were probably talking about Arteta though.

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby Massa » Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:44 pm

His vision has always been one of his best assets. He doesn't always execute the pass perfectly but he spots runs well and always tries the improbable pass. In terms of pure vision, Ramsey is better.
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

PreviousNext

Return to Domestic Football