Aaron Ramsey

All UK football including, Scottish/Irish/Welsh Leagues and Cups. Also, domestic transfer gossip and news.

Re: Aaron Ramsey?

Postby DontPushMe » Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:02 pm

I don't think we'll be able to have them as the CM pairing long term, there just isn't enough defence in there. Arteta isn't a classic CDM but he does perform a lot of DM duties when he's on the pitch. I fear we'd be run over with those two as our CMs. Ideally Wilshere develops into a AM so we can play them both and a more traditional DM.
DontPushMe
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Arsenal Tone » Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:02 am

CF
Cazorla----------Walcott
Wilshere--Ramsey
DM
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby ManLikeChap » Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:22 am

My First post!!

Ramsey, I've always thought the ability was there but he's not the world class DM we need to challenge for major silverwear. Arteta has been very average for us considering his form that earnt him a move to the Emirates in the first place! Seems to just potter about collecting balls off defenders. Shame we sold Song in my eyes, he was ideal and we didn't quite replace the muscle in there!! Fellani would be a player i'd love at Arsenal! He'd fit the role perfectly... Strong, good in the air, skillfull, can play and contributes with goals!
ManLikeChap
Liam Brady

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:42 pm

I'm not understanding the circle jerk around a middling midfielder who managed to pull off a trick during a pre-season friendly against the Indonesian national team.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Bungle678 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:20 pm

aniym wrote:I'm not understanding the circle jerk around a middling midfielder who managed to pull off a trick during a pre-season friendly against the Indonesian national team.

Maybe its not the trick itself. Maybe its the fact that a player whose career trajectory a couple years ago was looking like he could turn into a player worthy of being the fulcrum of any midfield but after being nigh on crippled hasnt came back at that same level. But, now he seems to be growing in confidence, he ended the season showing he can dig deep and graft and now, its only in a non competitive game but he is showing some of that swagger and confidence in his own ability that got us all excited before that ape faced spastic put a reducer on him in order to earn a pat on the back from Pulis.
Bungle678
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby gooney » Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:01 am

Callum wrote:If Ramsey hits a good run of form and Wilshere gets back to full fitness then I can see Arteta being dropped at some point next season. I love the guy, don't get me wrong, but if Ramsey continues his improvement I wouldn't be surprised to see him drafted in as Arteta's long term replacement sooner rather than later.

Arteta is the brain of this team. Wilshere and Ramsey is in direct competition. Both are box to box midfielders
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Angelito » Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:09 am

Plymouth Gooner wrote:
CF
Cazorla----------Walcott
Wilshere--Ramsey
DM

Suarez
Cazorla - Fabregas - Walcott
Arteta - Ramsey/Wilshere

Ba!

I'd play Rosicky at CM but that would be too attacking. Even more so with Wilshere. That's why Ramsey fits in well.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Massa » Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:40 pm

Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:43 pm

gooney wrote:
Callum wrote:If Ramsey hits a good run of form and Wilshere gets back to full fitness then I can see Arteta being dropped at some point next season. I love the guy, don't get me wrong, but if Ramsey continues his improvement I wouldn't be surprised to see him drafted in as Arteta's long term replacement sooner rather than later.

Arteta is the brain of this team. Wilshere and Ramsey is in direct competition. Both are box to box midfielders

I don't really see it that way, Wilshere is more attacking and more similar to a CAM where as Ramsey is more the box to box type.

Wilshere get's battered from pillar to post when he's in the middle of the park and with his skills he's better off heading toward the final third.

That's where his footwork, passing and drives into the box will be best used imo, he will also get more protection from the ref.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Massa » Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:00 pm

Wilshere can't score/pass nearly as well as he needs to play in the #10 role
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby Arsenal Tone » Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:01 pm

Massa wrote:Wilshere can't score/pass nearly as well as he needs to play in the #10 role

You'll be eating those words by the end of September!!!
Raya/Ramsdale
???/Jorginho
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Massa » Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:01 pm

No I won't
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby Arsenal Tone » Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:02 pm

Wilshere should rotate with Arteta, we now need someone to push Ramsey for a place. I think if anyone it will be Ginter.
Raya/Ramsdale
???/Jorginho
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Gunpowder » Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:07 pm

Plymouth Gooner wrote:Wilshere should rotate with Arteta, we now need someone to push Ramsey for a place. I think if anyone it will be Ginter.

Isn't he more of a defender/DM than a box to box? I don't think it would work him with Arteta. Yeah Arteta wasn't a DM before but at his age, he's in a good role for himself.
Gunpowder
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Massa » Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:07 pm

Arteta Ramsey
Ginter Wilshere
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

PreviousNext

Return to Domestic Football