Aaron Ramsey

All UK football including, Scottish/Irish/Welsh Leagues and Cups. Also, domestic transfer gossip and news.

Re: Aaron Ramsey?

Postby GSK_AFC » Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:39 pm

Massa wrote:I'd rather have Ramsey's hair than Arteta's

Agreed. :grin:
GSK_AFC
George Graham
George Graham

Postby ArsenalNo1Fan » Wed May 15, 2013 12:32 pm

Ramsey has brought the kind of mental strength to our midfield that you get when you go through a horrible leg break are out for 18 months, come back play 4 games before starting a season as a CAM (a role he never played), the fans turning against him and slating booing jeering and groaning at him at every mistake, being dropped and having to sit there whilst clowns like diaby ( who has put in probably 4 good performances in the last 5 years) and coquelin get starts ahead of you, then getting played on the wing and not once being considered in your primary position until the last quarter of the season.

I can imagine the number of players that would have broken fallen off track or faded into obscurity, felt sorry for themselves (like higauin and benzema are now) or demanded a transfer out of the club.

This guy has had a rough ride the last 3 years but it's clear that this has pushed him to be a winner. Even if he hasnt won a trophy he is the only arsenal player (bar mertesacker maybe) that i feel has won his place in our staring line up and not have it automatically given to him. Ramseys attitude alone makes him a top player i dont subscribe to this notion that there is a limit to technical and mental potential (ofcourse people have their physical limits and ramsey can never run like messi) and i believe the true key to being a great player is not talent, it is more to do with the coming both from the player and the club.

This season there has been a noticeable increase in ramseys stature, his pace, his technique and his decision making. This is no coincidence or natural development he put in the hours on the training ground took on supporters criticisms insted of becoming defensive or feeling sorry for himself and is the main reason why we are here right now.

He proved this by killing off wigan in a big game (yes i count this as big as any top 6 game due to its importance).

Bravo Ramsey
ArsenalNo1Fan

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed May 15, 2013 12:43 pm

Freeloader wrote:
billie86 wrote:He has had a decent couple of performances recently but he is still not good enough, just because he has stood out slightly when we have been playing poorly means nothing to me.

Shhhh. You are not allowed to critcise Ramsey or Giroud here. :naughty: Everyone else is fair game though.

LOL.

But no honestly I have to agree with the majority round here Ramsey has definitely improved and quite a bit imo, he's also filled a role that we needed as in we were a bit light in the middle of the park, Ramsey has bought a dogged energy to our defensive game that we've missed since Song has left and Arteta although good is not able to do it alone.

I was a big critic of Ramsey last season especially being deployed as a CAM! but he's found his stride and place in the team now and tbh he's out shining Wilshere atm, he's useful to the team and does a job no one else wants to do for a full 90 mins plus he's tidying up those hail mary passes and shot's (although one or two sneak in per game).

He's become an asset, I don't cringe now when he's in the starting line up and for the last 2 months he's pushed almost on a game by game basis to contend for MOTM.

It's cases like this I have no problem at all being proved wrong.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Glasgow gooner » Wed May 15, 2013 1:08 pm

Drastically improved this season and have been happy with him in the middle with arteta sitting. Once he eradicates stupid, casual passes to the opposition and turn them into decisive touches I think he'll come good. He's got a terrific engine on him and is supporting and defending well at the minute!
Glasgow gooner
Michael Thomas

Postby ivan itchybum » Wed May 15, 2013 1:10 pm

GSK_AFC wrote:
Massa wrote:I'd rather have Ramsey's hair than Arteta's

Agreed. :grin:

Normal people aren't allowed to have hair like Mikel :sneaky2:
gooney wrote: I will have a bet with anyone who is willing to take Newcastle will finish ahead of us...how about loser leaves the forum?

13th of May 2012 Arsenal beat West Brom 3-2 to finish 3rd ahead of Newcastle. Gooney is still yet to leave the forum...

"Have faith in Ramsey, he'll come good"
ivan itchybum
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Sims » Wed May 15, 2013 3:50 pm

Much improved on the engine front. He still needs to improve his technique and composure however. It's like he's running around with concrete boots.
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Dejan » Wed May 15, 2013 3:53 pm

Ramsey has been on fire for the last month but he hasnt been playing like this all season. He was still poor in the beginning and parts of mid season he has been OK(although regarly out of position)
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Wed May 15, 2013 4:58 pm

Sims wrote:Much improved on the engine front. He still needs to improve his technique and composure however. It's like he's running around with concrete boots.

Agreed.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby Zenith » Wed May 15, 2013 5:01 pm

Ramsey's technique is more than fine, at time it's his lack of composure that makes him look poor technically.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Wed May 15, 2013 5:07 pm

Zenith wrote:Ramsey's technique is more than fine, at time it's his lack of composure that makes him look poor technically.

Technique as in ?

He is very clumsy and ungainly when it comes to winning the ball back.

He is not a very good side tackler. He ends up getting the man before the ball.

Ramsey's strengths are that he does not stop running, does not stop chasing and is never reluctant to get in to the box to provide support. He has long way to go before he is labelled a technically proficient player IMO.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby Royal Gooner » Wed May 15, 2013 5:34 pm

Maybe we're seeing signs that he is finally getting back to where he was before that thug broke his leg.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Massa » Wed May 15, 2013 6:13 pm

Zenith wrote:Ramsey's technique is more than fine, at time it's his lack of composure that makes him look poor technically.

Yes. He is capable of playing good balls but is always at full throttle and sometimes messes it up. His vision is one of his biggest assets too. You can work and work on your passing but his vision is up there with Santi.
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby Zenith » Wed May 15, 2013 6:23 pm

Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:

Technique as in ?

He is very clumsy and ungainly when it comes to winning the ball back.

He is not a very good side tackler. He ends up getting the man before the ball.

Ramsey's strengths are that he does not stop running, does not stop chasing and is never reluctant to get in to the box to provide support. He has long way to go before he is labelled a technically proficient player IMO.

With technique I mainly mean ball control and first touches.

Didn't say anything about his tackling abilities.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby starmandb » Wed May 15, 2013 11:34 pm

ArsenalNo1Fan wrote:Ramsey has brought the kind of mental strength to our midfield that you get when you go through a horrible leg break are out for 18 months, come back play 4 games before starting a season as a CAM (a role he never played), the fans turning against him and slating booing jeering and groaning at him at every mistake, being dropped and having to sit there whilst clowns like diaby ( who has put in probably 4 good performances in the last 5 years) and coquelin get starts ahead of you, then getting played on the wing and not once being considered in your primary position until the last quarter of the season.

I can imagine the number of players that would have broken fallen off track or faded into obscurity, felt sorry for themselves (like higauin and benzema are now) or demanded a transfer out of the club.

This guy has had a rough ride the last 3 years but it's clear that this has pushed him to be a winner. Even if he hasnt won a trophy he is the only arsenal player (bar mertesacker maybe) that i feel has won his place in our staring line up and not have it automatically given to him. Ramseys attitude alone makes him a top player i dont subscribe to this notion that there is a limit to technical and mental potential (ofcourse people have their physical limits and ramsey can never run like messi) and i believe the true key to being a great player is not talent, it is more to do with the coming both from the player and the club.

This season there has been a noticeable increase in ramseys stature, his pace, his technique and his decision making. This is no coincidence or natural development he put in the hours on the training ground took on supporters criticisms insted of becoming defensive or feeling sorry for himself and is the main reason why we are here right now.

He proved this by killing off wigan in a big game (yes i count this as big as any top 6 game due to its importance).

Bravo Ramsey

loving the ramsey testimony but here are 4 good games from diaby in the last couple of years
this season stoke [h]
swansea [h] fa cup
liverpool [a] v good
end of the 10/11 season the 3-3 at spurs
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Thu May 16, 2013 12:11 am

I want this Ramsey back.

2:42 :cloud9:
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
White Saliba Gabriel Zinchenko
(Tomiyasu/Niles) (Timber/Holding) (Trusty/Kiwior) (Tierney/Tavares)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
(Xhaka/Lokonga) —- (Partey/Elneny)
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli
(Pepe/Nelson) (Nketiah/Balogun) (Trossard/ESR)

Last Updated: 07/02/23
CrimsonGunner11
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Domestic Football