Aaron Ramsey

All UK football including, Scottish/Irish/Welsh Leagues and Cups. Also, domestic transfer gossip and news.

Re: Aaron Ramsey (8)

Postby Angelito » Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:09 am

Dejan wrote:Opinions can change in 5 years time you know

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk

Aye.

How dare someone change his/her opinion! Blasphemy.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby LegendaryKeown » Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:35 am

DiamondGooner wrote:Oh dear.

Please someone find something on Marsbar100 slating Ramsey as well, that would just be the icing on the cake.

You asked
Marsbar100 wrote:Agree ramsey needs to be dropped but he needs a new manager like theo, ox and Wilshere desperately need , I won't judge any of them now until that happens

Tbf, Marsbar100 has never ever slated Ramsey. This is actually the closest thing I found #Consistent
Last edited by LegendaryKeown on Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
When you give a voice to stupid people, it makes them more stupid and not more intelligent
LegendaryKeown
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby LegendaryKeown » Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:37 am

Angelito wrote:

Aye.

I have no issues with people changing opinion but gooney consistently slates people for rating players that he doesn't rate and talks about how he never rated them and we have such a non-technical bunch of midfielders.

Would it surprise if I showed you posts of 5 years ago when he called Wilshere/Santi/Ramsey/Flamteta as one the most technical midfields in the world? Sure, opinions can change, but he says Ramsey isn't even a midfielder now, and a joke to compare him to Santi, but 5 years ago, he was the complete midfielder?

Also, I was being general about Ramsey, but look at point 1 and look at his posts about Ozil now. Has Ozil changed that much in 5 years?
When you give a voice to stupid people, it makes them more stupid and not more intelligent
LegendaryKeown
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:26 am

Do you mind, your spoiling the bantz! :naughty:
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:52 am

How do you go from Ramsey being a complete midfielder and above Cazorla to him being technically so poor though?
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:00 pm

Va-Va-Voom wrote:How do you go from Ramsey being a complete midfielder and above Cazorla to him being technically so poor though?

This is gooney we're talking about, where you went wrong is your using common sense as the ruling denominator.

In this case common sense is a ridiculous concept.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Angelito » Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:20 pm

LegendaryKeown wrote:
Angelito wrote:

Aye.

I have no issues with people changing opinion but gooney consistently slates people for rating players that he doesn't rate and talks about how he never rated them and we have such a non-technical bunch of midfielders.

Would it surprise if I showed you posts of 5 years ago when he called Wilshere/Santi/Ramsey/Flamteta as one the most technical midfields in the world? Sure, opinions can change, but he says Ramsey isn't even a midfielder now, and a joke to compare him to Santi, but 5 years ago, he was the complete midfielder?

Also, I was being general about Ramsey, but look at point 1 and look at his posts about Ozil now. Has Ozil changed that much in 5 years?

It's his opinion and he has a right to change it as he sees fit.

5 years ago, we all still believed in Wilshere. Cazorla is one of the most technically astute players we've ever had. As for Ramsey, in 13/14, I too thought Ramsey had come of age. Today, I think - technically - he's the poorest midfielder we have. And I can understand where Gooney is coming from when he says that Ramsey isn't even a CM because he doesn't play like one.

On Ozil, Gooney used to consider Ozil world class. He doesn't anymore, which is perfectly fine as long as he backs his argument with valid points.

The approach is two point here. First, it could be that the player's style changes or his quality varies, which also modifies our appraisal of the player. Second, our opinion might have undergone revision over the years, for better or worse. That's subjective but as long as they back it up, it's fine. We're here to discuss.

My own opinions on Giroud have taken a flip. I went from calling him a potato in 13/14 to appreciating him by 2016. Today, he's one of those ex-Arsenal players I'll always be fond of. Subjectively, I've also come to think that Giroud was our lucky charm, not Ozil. Like I think we'd have won the EL if we had Giroud last season.

All subjective of course.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby indy23 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:18 am

His opinion should have been thrown out minute he stated his technical ability was ever above santis. Even with one robo foot santis better.
indy23
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby theHotHead » Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:50 am

indy23 wrote:His opinion should have been thrown out minute he stated his technical ability was ever above santis. Even with one robo foot santis better.
:rofll: :rofll: :rofll:

You're not wrong. Santi's technical ability has been matched by few during the Premier League era of Arsenal and I would say only Bergkamp bettered him.

Name all of the completely 2 footed players you can remember, from any club, in Premier League history. I will start. Anders Limpar and Adam Lallana, Santi is better than both. Love Limpar though !!!!

Edit - OK and Aleksandr Hleb. Santi better than him too.
EDIT 2 - Dammit ... just remembered Arshavin. Still rate Santi higher.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby LegendaryKeown » Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:06 am

Angelito wrote:
LegendaryKeown wrote:
Angelito wrote:

Aye.

It's his opinion and he has a right to change it as he sees fit.

5 years ago, we all still believed in Wilshere. Cazorla is one of the most technically astute players we've ever had. As for Ramsey, in 13/14, I too thought Ramsey had come of age. Today, I think - technically - he's the poorest midfielder we have. And I can understand where Gooney is coming from when he says that Ramsey isn't even a CM because he doesn't play like one.

On Ozil, Gooney used to consider Ozil world class. He doesn't anymore, which is perfectly fine as long as he backs his argument with valid points.

The approach is two point here. First, it could be that the player's style changes or his quality varies, which also modifies our appraisal of the player. Second, our opinion might have undergone revision over the years, for better or worse. That's subjective but as long as they back it up, it's fine. We're here to discuss.

My own opinions on Giroud have taken a flip. I went from calling him a potato in 13/14 to appreciating him by 2016. Today, he's one of those ex-Arsenal players I'll always be fond of. Subjectively, I've also come to think that Giroud was our lucky charm, not Ozil. Like I think we'd have won the EL if we had Giroud last season.

All subjective of course.

I agree that we can all get it wrong and change opinions.

However, with gooney, I can not agree on this for multiple reasons. One being that Ramsey was never technically that good, even in 13/14.

But my main point with gooney is that he says stuff like:
gooney wrote: The owner, management and the fans are all to blame and none of them deserve success. Arsenal fans are simply sh1t fans

gooney wrote:I love how le coq after 2 months of football after failing for the last 3 years is better than a player who has been seen as one of the best CM in th eleague for the last 2 years. This is classic Arsenal fans overraction to few good games....our fans do this more than any other fans in the world. Always overrate our players when they are in good form too much

If he's so right, and our fans are so dumb, his posts from 5 years ago should be about how Ozil is shit and Ramsey is the worst midfielder in the league. But they aren't, so he has no right to call our fans dumb and saying they overreact.

Even the biggest Ramsey fanboy didn't go as far as gooney did in that post
LegendaryKeown
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Ach » Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:53 pm

Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby indy23 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:14 pm

Would just mean we would need to sign someone to replace him. Pulisic.
indy23
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby LegendaryKeown » Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:15 pm

indy23 wrote:Would just mean we would need to sign someone to replace him. Pulisic.

So we replace Ramsey with a big name American who put up similar numbers to Iwobi last season?
LegendaryKeown
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby indy23 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:20 pm

LegendaryKeown wrote:
indy23 wrote:Would just mean we would need to sign someone to replace him. Pulisic.

So we replace Ramsey with a big name American who put up similar numbers to Iwobi last season?

He's better than iwobi. If we are looking strictly numbers gervinho was the better buy back way back when.
indy23
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby LegendaryKeown » Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:51 pm

indy23 wrote:
LegendaryKeown wrote:

He's better than iwobi. If we are looking strictly numbers gervinho was the better buy back way back when.

He's possibly better than Iwobi. I disagree, I think he's only big because he's American, he reminds me of horror shows like Chamakh

But Ramsey gave us around 15 goal contributions last season. Pulisic won't produce that
LegendaryKeown
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

PreviousNext

Return to Domestic Football