Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Tue Mar 22, 2022 7:37 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
Salibatelli wrote:I wish Auba was still with us, he’s a cut above anything we currently have.

Laca has been far better than him for us since the beginning of last season.
Getting rid of Auba was a season highlight.

Auba 14 PL goals and 4 assists since the end of the 2019/20 season
Laca 17 PL goals and 9 assists over the same period, plus he has the added bonus of not being a c***,

"over the same period" includes several months worth of games when Aubameyang was injured, away on compassionate leave, sick with malaria and banned from the squad?

Jayram math strikes again :lol:
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Mar 22, 2022 8:53 pm

Highbury Hillbilly wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Salibatelli wrote:I wish Auba was still with us, he’s a cut above anything we currently have.

Laca 17 PL goals and 9 assists over the same period, plus he has the added bonus of not being a c***,

"over the same period" includes several months worth of games when Aubameyang was injured, away on compassionate leave, sick with malaria and banned from the squad?

Pathetic isn't it.

Fact is his crusade to dub Auba as crap is just back firing all over again, its like the Coyote and Road Runner where the Road Runner always makes the Coyote look like an idiot.

Auba is having a ball and scoring for fun, while JayRam sits in his basement trying to work out some angle where he can make out Auba isn't doing well.

"Auba couldn't do well in the Premier league" .......... yet two back to back Golden boot worthy seasons of 20+ goals say otherwise.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Ach » Tue Mar 22, 2022 8:54 pm

Apparently scoring 20+ a season is just average lol
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby jayramfootball » Tue Mar 22, 2022 9:38 pm

jayramfootball wrote:

Nope. Pretty much the same minutes.
Try again
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby jayramfootball » Tue Mar 22, 2022 9:40 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

Pathetic isn't it.

Fact is his crusade to dub Auba as crap is just back firing all over again, its like the Coyote and Road Runner where the Road Runner always makes the Coyote look like an idiot.

Auba is having a ball and scoring for fun, while JayRam sits in his basement trying to work out some angle where he can make out Auba isn't doing well.

"Auba couldn't do well in the Premier league" .......... yet two back to back Golden boot worthy seasons of 20+ goals say otherwise.

The angle doesn’t need much effort.
He failed miserably for nearly 2 years in the PL and got dumped.
Over that period Laca has been better.
Since we dumped Auba our entire team has looked much better going forward and scored more goals.
Last I checked. Scoring goals in another league is pretty irrelevant to our position in the PL
:dontknow:

Let me know when he starts scoring PL goals again.

The Auba debate from 2 year’s ago was over the moment we dumped him - actually well before that but the excuses kept rolling in.

We made a mistake offering him that new contract and that’sa fact now in the history books and the reason he failed was for all the reasons I was against his contract.

It is what it is. I took a lot of flack for suggesting we should get rid of him 2 yrs ago, but in the end had the last laugh.
No more to debate. The show is over.
Aubamawho isn’t an Arsenal player. He’s an ex player who scored less for us and won less with us than Giroud - and from the fan reaction to Aubas latest butt hurt tweet and his dig at our current players, he’s liked far less.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby jayramfootball » Tue Mar 22, 2022 10:31 pm

Salibatelli wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Salibatelli wrote:Laca is rubbish, he doesn’t score any goals.

He scored more than Auba over the last 20 months of Auba's time at Arsenal.. and is far superior in terms of creating chances for others.
I just gave you the actual numbers.

Who cares he’s scored 4 all seasons and can’t stop missing.

Auba has 9 goals since joining Barca in a system that suits him, it’s all about the system and the management.

Arteta didn’t want to use the optimal system to get goals out of him. Laca has the same issue clearly, because he’s not scoring, he was never prolific though.

Lacazette has been a disappointment this season, but I do attribute some of that to the way he’s been asked to play. Still his constant misses are tiresome.

We have a great system playing excellent football, winning football matches and scoring goals.
It’s no one’s fault but Auba’s that he didn’t have the ability or the character to deliver within our excellent system.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Fran Solo » Wed Mar 23, 2022 4:54 am

jayramfootball wrote:
Salibatelli wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

He scored more than Auba over the last 20 months of Auba's time at Arsenal.. and is far superior in terms of creating chances for others.

Auba has 9 goals since joining Barca in a system that suits him, it’s all about the system and the management.

Arteta didn’t want to use the optimal system to get goals out of him. Laca has the same issue clearly, because he’s not scoring, he was never prolific though.

Lacazette has been a disappointment this season, but I do attribute some of that to the way he’s been asked to play. Still his constant misses are tiresome.

We have a great system playing excellent football, winning football matches and scoring goals.
It’s no one’s fault but Auba’s that he didn’t have the ability or the character to deliver within our excellent system.

Why do you keep on mentioning the word character? How do you describe what the right character is?
From what I have read so far, you said Guendouzi and Aubameyang have bad character. So, Costa, Suarez, CR7, Schuster, Maradona, Totti, Gascoigne, Merson etc are (or were) in that bad character category as well? Just because they are not as obedient as other players?
Fran Solo
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Nuggets » Wed Mar 23, 2022 6:20 am

Fran Solo wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Salibatelli wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

Why do you keep on mentioning the word character? How do you describe what the right character is?
From what I have read so far, you said Guendouzi and Aubameyang have bad character. So, Costa, Suarez, CR7, Schuster, Maradona, Totti, Gascoigne, Merson etc are (or were) in that bad character category as well? Just because they are not as obedient as other players?

Take no notice Fran he is full of sh*t :rofll:
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby Salibatelli » Wed Mar 23, 2022 10:17 am

jayramfootball wrote:
Salibatelli wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

One where our strikers don’t score, thats unsustainable long term, your strikers need to score goals, you need one player who will score 25 goals a season.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby jayramfootball » Wed Mar 23, 2022 12:43 pm

Salibatelli wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Salibatelli wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

One where our strikers don’t score, thats unsustainable long term, your strikers need to score goals, you need one player who will score 25 goals a season.

We're winning games, picking up points and scoring goals.
No one cares who scores as long as we are.

Just enjoy the brilliant football and wins and stop over thinking who scores the goals. A goal is a goal.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Nuggets » Wed Mar 23, 2022 12:51 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
Salibatelli wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Salibatelli wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

Just enjoy the brilliant football and wins and stop over thinking who scores the goals. A goal is a goal.

Face it you got owned in this argument lol back to the drawing board :rofll:
Nuggets

Postby jayramfootball » Wed Mar 23, 2022 12:55 pm

Nuggets wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Salibatelli wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Salibatelli wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

Fact I got it right 2 years ago is now in the books, fella.
It's sweet, almost as sweet as being right about Arteta, his signings and our team - but not quite that sweet ;)
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Nuggets » Wed Mar 23, 2022 1:03 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
Nuggets wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Salibatelli wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Salibatelli wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

Fact I got it right 2 years ago is now in the books, fella.
It's sweet, almost as sweet as being right about Arteta, his signings and our team - but not quite that sweet ;)

Naw you were owned big time :1990_dancing.gif:
Nuggets

Postby Salibatelli » Sun Apr 10, 2022 9:08 pm

Another goal today, seems back to his best.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Arsenal Tone » Thu Apr 14, 2022 9:15 pm

Salibatelli wrote:seems back to his best.

U wot m8?
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club