Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

Postby Santi » Thu Apr 21, 2022 8:05 pm

Nketiah has more goals this week
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Thu Apr 21, 2022 8:34 pm

Questions have to be asked of Ferran Torres' finishing and the £45m fee. He is a good player, he makes assists. But his shooting accuracy is worse than Partey's and his goal stats are padded with pens.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Thu Apr 21, 2022 8:36 pm

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang has scored three of his last four La Liga goals through headers. He has only netted more headed league goals in 2016-17 (6 for Borussia Dortmund) and 2015-16 (4 for Dortmund) than for Barca this season.

Thanks to Tierney's no-look-and-Inshallah crosses.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Nuggets » Fri Apr 22, 2022 5:17 am

The man can't stop scoring remarkable what a player can do when he is valued and managed by a good manager.
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby StockGooner » Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:08 am

I'm annoyed that we let him go how we did. But it's getting boring seeing this brought up

Yes he was great for us, but it wasn't working this season. And I think the blame can be split between both Auba and Arteta. Can't we just let it lie?
StockGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Fri Apr 22, 2022 12:36 pm

StockGooner wrote:I'm annoyed that we let him go how we did. But it's getting boring seeing this brought up

Yes he was great for us, but it wasn't working this season. And I think the blame can be split between both Auba and Arteta. Can't we just let it lie?

Not as long as he's still playing on Arsenal's dime. Next season he won't be.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Phil71 » Sun May 01, 2022 9:13 am

Barca have him on a list of players they're getting shot of at the end if the season.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby jayramfootball » Sun May 01, 2022 10:15 am

Phil71 wrote:Barca have him on a list of players they're getting shot of at the end if the season.

Big rebuild there. He’s one of 25 players they don’t want. Same with us really, they are not going to see an old striker as part of their future, regardless of what they can get in the short term.
Barca seem to be making the decision we made a year ago when we decided to revamp. They may even come in for our manager.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Clarkey T » Wed May 11, 2022 12:39 am

To be fair, when we sign a player from Brighton it doesn't really look like a sign of being ambitious, PE-A probably became sad down with our lack of ambition.

He's been wonderful for Barcelona, scored some quality goals and seems hungry for the ball, it's nice to see him producing the kind of football that we know he was capable of producing, when things were good it was a pleasure to have him here and I don't hold anything against him for getting out.
Clarkey T
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby Phil71 » Wed May 11, 2022 7:12 am

Clarkey T wrote:To be fair, when we sign a player from Brighton it doesn't really look like a sign of being ambitious, PE-A probably became sad down with our lack of ambition.

He's been wonderful for Barcelona, scored some quality goals and seems hungry for the ball, it's nice to see him producing the kind of football that we know he was capable of producing, when things were good it was a pleasure to have him here and I don't hold anything against him for getting out.

Liverpool signed Virgil van Duke and Sadio Mane from Southampton. Jordan Henderson from Sunderland. Andrew Robertson from Hull City. Joel Matip from Schalke. We're they also showing this apparent lack of ambition? If not, please explain what the difference is.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby KG3 » Wed May 11, 2022 7:56 am

Phil71 wrote:Barca have him on a list of players they're getting shot of at the end if the season.

Source: Xavi told me this after a couple of pints of estrella
KG3
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby StockGooner » Wed May 11, 2022 8:37 am

Phil71 wrote:
Clarkey T wrote:To be fair, when we sign a player from Brighton it doesn't really look like a sign of being ambitious, PE-A probably became sad down with our lack of ambition.

Liverpool signed Virgil van Duke and Sadio Mane from Southampton. Jordan Henderson from Sunderland. Andrew Robertson from Hull City. Joel Matip from Schalke. We're they also showing this apparent lack of ambition? If not, please explain what the difference is.

VVD was regarded as one of the top CBs in the Prem when he was signed. I don't think White was.
Equally Mane was extremely highly regarded, having done it in the Prem for a while but even still was considered maybe a risk for the big time and has now become a bit of a bargain at £34m.
Henderson was actually booed by Liverpool fans and they wanted him out of the club not so long after he joined. He grafted and has earned their respect despite being a fairly limited player technically.
Robertson cost £8m not the £50m we spent on White, so the level of expectation is nowhere near.

Now I think White has been a good purchase, I think most do, but I think it's important to show balance here. Even the most positive spin people would have thought £50m on White was a lot, so I can see why some fans and even players would think that's an odd decision, especially when we had and even still have a glaring CM hole to fill.
StockGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Phil71 » Wed May 11, 2022 8:42 am

Anyway - who cares what Aubameyang thinks. The guy couldn't even be bothered to turn up on time for matches. Not sure we should be taking advice from him on strategy.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Ach » Sat May 28, 2022 7:04 pm

Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Reiss » Tue Jul 26, 2022 4:54 pm

Barca sign Lewandowski a few months after getting Auba.

Oh dear.

Tells you all you need to know.

Once again hindsight proving that Mikel made the right decision in getting rid.
Reiss
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club