Alexis Sánchez ~ El Niño Maravilla

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Alexis Sánchez

Postby Losmeister » Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:38 pm

he'll hafta agree to a pay cut...

if he LOVES to play... i can see him doing it....

he and his family should be set for a couple generations already...(not begrudging him)

curious to see how this pans out
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Losmeister » Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:53 pm

voided 2 yrs of contract to move to Inter
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:05 pm

Losmeister wrote:voided 2 yrs of contract to move to Inter

He's a guy who cares about his career and has been trying to rebuild it since his loan move. He was injured for a while but has looked much better in attack since the restart.

Pisses me off to no end that Utd will be getting a fee AND getting his wages off the books, while we get the square root of f**k all with Mhikytaryan and Ozil.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:28 am

Speaks about his time at Utd:

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CEsLFWBFif ... yytameforh

Rough translation from a Redditor:

"I wanted to talk through here a bit about my United epriod, about things said to make me look bad, and... Well, about my experience with that club.

The first day I joined, first I had an agreement with City, but it fell through and I went to United, and it was an enticing proposal, really, and something nice for me, as a kid I liked that club, and well, I then signed, and without knowing what was up behind the scenes I went and well, the first few days with teammates, sometimes you don't realize stuff before arriving.

After the first training session I had I realized many things and when I got back home I told him to my agent if I could cancel the contract and go back to Arsenal.

and they laughed and I say "something's off, something is wrong" but I had signed, was there, and as months passed the same feelings, we weren't an united group.

And journos, ex players, spoke without knowing behind the scenes, and would talk, saying it's your fault, and such, and as a player you depend on being joined as family, as team, which we weren't. And when someone had to be blamed, it was always me. Sometimes I didn't play, played 20, 30 minutes, but it was still my fault. Of course I am self-critical, should've been better those 5-10 minutes.

Then there were also injuries, and it was my fault, and journos, ex players, had no idea and kept saying stuff that was untrue. Got injured, things happened, and well, I wasn't happy back then. Another thing was in a match v West Ham I didn't suit up, which never happened to me, which hurt and pained me and I said "this is impossible, going from one of the best of the PLs and five months later not even i the bench". I was sad, I was mad, got home, and the next day I trained double shifts as always, because I love what I do which is football.

By season's end the new manager, still at united, arrived and I want and said "sir it's better if I get new air, I want you to let me go to Inter and he said yeah, no worries, and I went, already their player, and all I have is words of thanks to United for letting me play and wear their kit.

I am annoyed at things not working out partly because of the mood around, if we'd been more of a family we could have worked out, and journos and former players that spoke not knowing and that affected me too. I say it now after it was a learning period as player and person.

I'm sad because I would have loved to play, win everything, and made the fans happy. It didn't happen because of things at the time that weren't suited for team United's size."
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby LMAO » Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:16 am

Grass ain't always greener.

Wish he would've been sold to City that summer for £60 million or whatever it was.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:52 am

Yeah it sounds like he realized on Day 1 that he made a mistake. Similar to Lukaku when he moved from Everton.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Dejan » Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:56 am

time to come home
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:10 am

well thats what you get fr turning your back on our club. No surprise, was lots of rumours at the time he wanted to come back but nice to see him admit it.

Enjoy your money and oap league.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Sims » Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:17 am

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

DOG SHAGGER
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Callum » Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:37 pm

He chased the money and ended up at a club heading nowhere. No sympathy for him.

I don't blame him but he could've gone elsewhere and earned less.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby Ach » Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:12 pm

Bring him home.
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:25 pm

Callum wrote:He chased the money and ended up at a club heading nowhere. No sympathy for him.

He did, his Utd contract had 2 years left on it when he moved to Inter permanently. I think he already has more goals with them after missing half the season than he did with Utd overall.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Angelito » Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:16 pm

Callum wrote:He chased the money and ended up at a club heading nowhere. No sympathy for him.

He didn't though. He wanted to join City but that move didn't happen in the summer. So, he was left with signing for Arsenal again, which would never happen without Wenger, or leaving for the club that desperately wanted him, which was Man United. ManU agreed to pay up and a swap deal with Mkhi. Rest, as they say, was history.

The whole Alexis, Wenger, and Ozil issues in 17/18 were fiascos. Wenger should have left in the summer of 2017 after the FA Cup. In hindsight, we should have sold Alexis in the same summer. There would have been an outrage and we'd have all participated in it but there was no option. As for Ozil, we should have let him leave for free in the summer of 2018.

All hindsight of course (except perhaps Wenger's departure).

For Alexis, to go from Arsene Wenger to Jose Mourinho is as catastrophic as it gets. The environment at ManU was toxic when Alexis arrived. It was the worst time for him to join ManU.

Such a shame overall.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Jedi » Sun May 01, 2022 9:18 pm

Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Santi » Sun May 01, 2022 10:18 pm

Started our significant downfall by wanting to f**k off to United/City but cheers Alexis
Santi
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club