The Dutch Eredivisie Thread

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: The Dutch Eredivisie Thread

Postby Yorkyblue » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:05 am

It's the way football is now. Shame we have to follow European laws about players working. I'd love to slowly cut it down each year to 5 foreign and max 3 non eu or something. Might start a thread about it later as I doubt people will see it in here. Or someone else should start one cause I'm in a meeting posting this haha.
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Dejan » Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:18 pm

Spinozaad wrote:Glorious, glorious Feyenoord.

:1990_dancing.gif:
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Dejan » Sun May 05, 2013 10:36 am

Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Dejan » Sun May 05, 2013 10:40 am

Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Maxduke » Sun May 05, 2013 11:11 am

Holla!

Umad?
Maxduke
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Dejan » Sun May 05, 2013 11:12 am

f***ing shit
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Massa » Sun May 05, 2013 11:24 am

lol 2-0
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby Spinozaad » Wed May 08, 2013 8:44 am

That's the Feyenoord I've grown to lovingly loathe since '98. Complete breakdown at the crucial point. We really need winners in the team, not arrogant "mooiboys" like De Vrij en Clasie.

Of course, they're objectively better players than legends like Bosvelt, Van Gastel and Konterman, but those guys were (quite literally) winners. I do wonder, though, why the staff (Koeman, Van Gastel and Van Bronckhorst) seem unable to turn Feyenoord into a ravenous winning machine. They play decent football at home, aye, but they play like moist towelettes away from The Tub. It's shit.
Spinozaad
Patrick Vieira

Postby Dejan » Wed May 08, 2013 1:19 pm

Even though they kinda bottled it in the end. Feyenoord did a good job this season. As always everyone wrote them off at the beginning of the season after Guidetti leaving, they nearly finished 2nd. Its a good job especially the financial power of Ajax, Vitesse and PSV are much higher.
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Spinozaad » Wed May 08, 2013 2:47 pm

Oh, they did a brilliant job all things considered. I would have signed straight away for third place behind Ajax and PSV at the beginning of the season (the Great Three at the top, as God wished the natural order of things to be) with own talent. But that's what success does, it breeds counterfactual 'what if'-questions.

And, well, I get all teary-eyed with nostalgia when reminiscing of that great, glorious team of the 99-2002 era.
Spinozaad
Patrick Vieira

Postby Yorkyblue » Wed May 08, 2013 3:09 pm

Dejan wrote:Even though they kinda bottled it in the end. Feyenoord did a good job this season. As always everyone wrote them off at the beginning of the season after Guidetti leaving, they nearly finished 2nd. Its a good job especially the financial power of Ajax, Vitesse and PSV are much higher.

I wonder if Guidetti would of gone back this season if it wasn't for his injuries. Any idea if they tried?

Not sure if we would of let him go cause the plan may of been to give him game time. I do hope to see him next season though.
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Dejan » Wed May 08, 2013 4:03 pm

Feyenoord tried several times during last season to get him for this season. Dont think it would of happend even if he wasnt injured
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Zenith » Wed May 08, 2013 5:02 pm

Yorkyblue wrote:
Dejan wrote:Even though they kinda bottled it in the end. Feyenoord did a good job this season. As always everyone wrote them off at the beginning of the season after Guidetti leaving, they nearly finished 2nd. Its a good job especially the financial power of Ajax, Vitesse and PSV are much higher.

I wonder if Guidetti would of gone back this season if it wasn't for his injuries. Any idea if they tried?

Not sure if we would of let him go cause the plan may of been to give him game time. I do hope to see him next season though.

I'm sure if he regain the good form he's shown during his time at Feyenoord, he can easily go to one of the promoted clubs in the EPL. At least, if there's one of them could use an extra striker. Hopefully for him he'll get plenty of game time during pre-season so he can prove his worth.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby Trequartista » Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:39 pm

Apologies for the unashamed nature of this plug, but here is my FIRST EVER footballing blog post. In it, I briefly discuss the young FC Utrecht defender, Tim Brinkman, who I was fortunate enough to play football with a couple of years ago.

http://playingbetweenthelines.com/2013/ ... -martinez/

Read, enjoy, comment.
Leno
Bellerin Sokratis Holding Tierney
Ceballos - Torriera - Özil
Pépé - - Lacazette - - Auba
Trequartista
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Trequartista » Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:12 pm

I've done another short piece aimed at readers who aren't necessarily well acquainted with Dutch football, discussing Feyenoord's lack of on-field success of late and their future prospects.

http://playingbetweenthelines.com/2013/ ... ful-south/
Leno
Bellerin Sokratis Holding Tierney
Ceballos - Torriera - Özil
Pépé - - Lacazette - - Auba
Trequartista
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

PreviousNext

Return to World Football