Kick Racism Out Of Football

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: Kick Racism Out Of Football

Postby GSK_AFC » Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:41 pm

Haha yeah. The first person I thought of when I read her post.
GSK_AFC
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Maxduke » Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:45 pm

GSK_AFC wrote:Haha yeah. The first person I thought of when I read her post.

Same :lol:
Maxduke
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Yorkyblue » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:27 am

I'm sure I just heard them say on SSN that they will be monitoring the amount of black coaches and managers in professional football.

To me that is stupid and singling black people out. It doesn't matter the colour of the skin for them to coach or manage. If there is only 5%, well so be it. If there is 95%, so be it. Who cares? It seems to me they will end up bringing in another issue that really isn't an issue.

Until someone complains about not getting a job because someone with a Champ Manager record got it instead so claims it was a racial reason, I'm not sure we need to look at it.
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby StLGooner » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:13 pm

Yorkyblue wrote:I'm sure I just heard them say on SSN that they will be monitoring the amount of black coaches and managers in professional football.

To me that is stupid and singling black people out. It doesn't matter the colour of the skin for them to coach or manage. If there is only 5%, well so be it. If there is 95%, so be it. Who cares? It seems to me they will end up bringing in another issue that really isn't an issue.

Until someone complains about not getting a job because someone with a Champ Manager record got it instead so claims it was a racial reason, I'm not sure we need to look at it.

They do that in the NFL. The owners have to interview so many minorities first before they hire anybody. I get the idea behind it, but like you said, it shouldn't matter, and to me it only brings more animosity to the whole situation. Like I've said before on here, you can't try to make everyone equal by giving one group special rights, because then that automatically makes others not equal.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Maxduke » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:23 pm

Yorkyblue wrote:I'm sure I just heard them say on SSN that they will be monitoring the amount of black coaches and managers in professional football.

I once applied for a Stagecoach apprenticeship for what I do, and had to put my ethnicity in it to make it so everyone got an equal chance, surely not putting ethnicity in the paper is more equal?
Maxduke
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Reverend Gooner » Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:01 pm

bbc wrote:Zenit St Petersburg fans want black and gay players excluded

A Zenit St Petersburg supporters' group has called for non-white and gay players to be excluded from the team.

The Russian champions' largest fans' group, Landscrona, said in an open-letter that black players are "forced down Zenit's throat".

They added that gay players are "unworthy of our great city".

Dietmar Beiersdorfer, Zenit director of sports, said players were selected "without any limitation regarding origin, religion or skin colour".
Continue reading the main story

“Zenit has proven through its work that the club understands what tolerance is”

Luciano Spalletti Zenit St Petersburg head coach

Zenit were the only top-flight Russian team without a black player until this summer.

They signed Brazilian striker Hulk and Belgian midfielder Axel Witsel for £64m.

French midfielder Yann M'Vila reportedly turned down a move to the club in August as a result of racist abuse.

Zenit's Italian head coach, Luciano Spalletti described the supporters' call as "stupidity", saying "tolerance for me is most of all the ability to understand and accept differences".

He added: "I can personally assure you that I will do everything I can to help those who seek to explain to people what tolerance is, and the need to respect other cultures and traditions.

"I think that Zenit has proven through its work that the club understands what tolerance is, and what it means to have tolerant behaviour. The team has gathered players from different countries and ethnic groups who work together to achieve a common goal."

The fans' manifesto read: "The absence of black Zenit players is just an important tradition that underlines the team's identity and nothing more."

Black players in the Russian league have been the target of monkey chants and Anzhi Makhachkala's Christopher Samba had bananas thrown at him by fans. Zenit St Petersburg were fined by the Russian Football Union after one of their fans offered Roberto Carlos of Anzhi a banana before a match between the two sides in March 2011.

Zenit are currently third in the Russian Premier League behind leaders CSKA Moscow and Anzhi. They will play in this season's Europa League after finishing third in Champions League Group C.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20770678
Reverend Gooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Royal Gooner » Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:14 pm

Reverend Gooner wrote:
bbc wrote:Zenit St Petersburg fans want black and gay players excluded

A Zenit St Petersburg supporters' group has called for non-white and gay players to be excluded from the team.

The Russian champions' largest fans' group, Landscrona, said in an open-letter that black players are "forced down Zenit's throat".

They added that gay players are "unworthy of our great city".

Dietmar Beiersdorfer, Zenit director of sports, said players were selected "without any limitation regarding origin, religion or skin colour".
Continue reading the main story

“Zenit has proven through its work that the club understands what tolerance is”

Luciano Spalletti Zenit St Petersburg head coach

Zenit were the only top-flight Russian team without a black player until this summer.

They signed Brazilian striker Hulk and Belgian midfielder Axel Witsel for £64m.

French midfielder Yann M'Vila reportedly turned down a move to the club in August as a result of racist abuse.

Zenit's Italian head coach, Luciano Spalletti described the supporters' call as "stupidity", saying "tolerance for me is most of all the ability to understand and accept differences".

He added: "I can personally assure you that I will do everything I can to help those who seek to explain to people what tolerance is, and the need to respect other cultures and traditions.

"I think that Zenit has proven through its work that the club understands what tolerance is, and what it means to have tolerant behaviour. The team has gathered players from different countries and ethnic groups who work together to achieve a common goal."

The fans' manifesto read: "The absence of black Zenit players is just an important tradition that underlines the team's identity and nothing more."

Black players in the Russian league have been the target of monkey chants and Anzhi Makhachkala's Christopher Samba had bananas thrown at him by fans. Zenit St Petersburg were fined by the Russian Football Union after one of their fans offered Roberto Carlos of Anzhi a banana before a match between the two sides in March 2011.

Zenit are currently third in the Russian Premier League behind leaders CSKA Moscow and Anzhi. They will play in this season's Europa League after finishing third in Champions League Group C.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20770678

And that country got the 2018 World Cup instead of us?
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby StLGooner » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:06 pm

:doh:

You know what the sad thing about this is, is that there are probably thousands of supporters across the world who feel the same way, but are too afraid or just haven't spoken up yet. Sad!

We're suppose to be making progress as humans, not going backwards.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Pudpop » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:05 pm

Some Russian supporters were pleading that people realise that it is just a fan group, and not the fans as a whole. It is mentioned in the article but needs to be emphasized. The country shouldn't be affected by what a minority of people think.
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Est83 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:13 pm

How it should be done :lol:

Apparently no one got carded.

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby Leody » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:16 pm

Love that he got the last kick in.
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby GSK_AFC » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:24 pm

That was brilliant.
GSK_AFC
George Graham
George Graham

Postby TheArsenalPost » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:30 pm

That's more "let's kick racists in football"
TheArsenalPost
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Est83 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:34 pm

Mere semantics.

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby Royal Gooner » Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:01 pm

That's a very effective campaign. "If you make racist comments, you get beaten up by those you abuse." Clearly it would work however the pc mob will complain it glorifies violence even if the means are born of a noble cause.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

PreviousNext

Return to World Football