Serge Gnabry

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: Serge Gnabry

Postby Arsene Nose » Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:37 am

Angelito wrote:So, we sell Gnabry and give the first-options rights to Bremen? What is this shit? Why couldn't we have first refusal or something?

Because we are not in the human trafficking trade. We couldn't give him what he wanted so he left. What right do we have to his future after he has left the club? Good luck to him.
Believe in something, even if it means sacrificing everything.
Arsene Nose
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Kite33 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:45 am

I supported this guy from day one. He also played for feuerbach/Stuttgart...i live 20 km away from it in my mansion.
If you have a manager who prefers players like walcott and Chamberlain then you better go. Well done Wenger
Kite33
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Arsene Nose » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:17 am

Kite33 wrote:I supported this guy from day one. He also played for feuerbach/Stuttgart...i live 20 km away from it in my mansion.
If you have a manager who prefers players like walcott and Chamberlain then you better go. Well done Wenger

Walcott has ten years experience and a 100 goals to his name. Ox is just a subpar sub. Gnabry was not competing with either. His competition was Iwobi. Had he not chosen to go on loan to West Brom he'd be an Arsenal first team player today.
Arsene Nose
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Angelito » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:22 am

Arsene Nose wrote:
Angelito wrote:So, we sell Gnabry and give the first-options rights to Bremen? What is this shit? Why couldn't we have first refusal or something?

Because we are not in the human trafficking trade. We couldn't give him what he wanted so he left. What right do we have to his future after he has left the club? Good luck to him.

We did it with Cesc, so why not do it with him? We could still give him a pass if we didn't want him in the future.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Cripps » Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:10 am

This guy was shit and overweight while here. Sent him out on loan where he was even worse. We got rid ans he's had a new lease of life playing for a no pressure club. It happens.

I'm not fussed.
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby Kite33 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:11 am

Arsene Nose wrote:
Kite33 wrote:I supported this guy from day one. He also played for feuerbach/Stuttgart...i live 20 km away from it in my mansion.

Walcott has ten years experience and a 100 goals to his name. Ox is just a subpar sub. Gnabry was not competing with either. His competition was Iwobi. Had he not chosen to go on loan to West Brom he'd be an Arsenal first team player today.

Wenger should have treated him like iwobi and give him more opportunities in the first team. I still remember how gnabry destroyed tottenham on his own. Gnabry is a talent where you should not allow to go out on loan
Kite33
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby BayernManiac12 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:55 am

Single handily keeping Bremen out of relegation but I'm curious to see if he's just a big fish in a small pond or the real deal...
BayernManiac12
Patrick Vieira

Postby Marsbar100 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:07 pm

BayernManiac12 wrote:Single handily keeping Bremen out of relegation but I'm curious to see if he's just a big fish in a small pond or the real deal...

Pretty sure he is the real deal, he looked the real deal in the few games he played as a kid, also bare in mind this is basically his first full professional season off the back of being injured for 2 year.
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner

Postby Marsbar100 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:21 pm

His technically superb with incredible physical attributes, easy going to be worth 50m if he stays fit, going to go down as one of wengers biggest shockers.
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100

Postby Arsene Nose » Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:24 pm

Angelito wrote:
Arsene Nose wrote:

We did it with Cesc, so why not do it with him? We could still give him a pass if we didn't want him in the future.

Cesc was a first team player for 8 seasons, signed a new deal, took a loyalty bonus, and engineered a move away. There is no comparison with Gnabry who never even made the first team. Not to mention, Wenger did the decent thing for Cesc and let him go to the club he wanted at a reduced price.
Arsene Nose
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Arsene Nose » Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:25 pm

BayernManiac12 wrote:Single handily keeping Bremen out of relegation but I'm curious to see if he's just a big fish in a small pond or the real deal...

he's a good player no doubt.
Arsene Nose
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Arsene Nose » Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:26 pm

Kite33 wrote:
Arsene Nose wrote:

Wenger should have treated him like iwobi and give him more opportunities in the first team. I still remember how gnabry destroyed tottenham on his own. Gnabry is a talent where you should not allow to go out on loan

Cant bring two young players through in the same position at the same time.
Arsene Nose
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby EliteKiller » Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:08 pm

It's not a question of how good or bad he was - he always had the talent that was obvious - it's about the pathetic price we received and the fact we never included a buy back clause ... that's just poor management ...
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Angelito » Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:23 pm

Arsene Nose wrote:
Angelito wrote:
Arsene Nose wrote:

Cesc was a first team player for 8 seasons, signed a new deal, took a loyalty bonus, and engineered a move away. There is no comparison with Gnabry who never even made the first team. Not to mention, Wenger did the decent thing for Cesc and let him go to the club he wanted at a reduced price.

But you were arguing about human trafficking trade? :dontknow:

Just pointing out that we did the same with Cesc. Playing for 8 seasons here hardly changes anything.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Santi » Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:20 pm

I mean given how shite the rest of our wingers have been we could've given him a chance but get over it lads, 1 more injury and the tubby little f***er will be worse than Miyaichi.
Santi
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to World Football